Sears Employee Reviews

Summary
Catalogue Delivery Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Poor job placement and unstable work environment. No direction or communication between employees and management. Bad work schedule and just not flexible.
Great place to work, but we all as employees tried to keep the sinking ship afloat.
Bureau-chef Montréal (Former Employee) –  3075 Thimens ville St-Laurent12 March 2018
Primarily worked Loss Prevention, Logistics then with the restructure back to Loss Prevention and Maintenance. Great place to work, A lot of good people and friends.
Pros
Advancement, discount on store goods
Cons
At the end of the day Head office was not fair with the associates with severance for years worked.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 March 2018
A very good work environment, productive and fun workplace, peoples are amazing and a wonderful management, very sad that sears closed his doors, i hope one day all the team will work together again,
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 March 2018
I would arrive at work and head to receiving dept to pick up carts of stock for our home decor dept. I would put in appropriate place and head back for more. I kept dept neat and tidy and assisted customers if needed. Sometimes worked on cash if needed.
Pros
great people
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 March 2018
hard to leave
great working family
great teamwork, management
flexible hours
trained in different departments and to efficiently perform a variety of different tasks
Great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 March 2018
Great place to work with even greater people. Everyday was like going to a second family. Everyone helped each other with anything and ensured everyone had sufficient time for breaks even during the rush of christmas.
Pros
The people, days went by fast, happy place
Cons
closed
good place to work with life balanced
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke6 March 2018
Now defunct. This company Location was closed in 2016. I worked parttime in thsi location . however, although, the earning was not satisfactory, there was a life work balance in this place.
Pros
life work balance
Cons
salary (Low)
Liked the people I worked with
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 March 2018
I really liked the people I worked with. We were like a family and worked well together. We learned how to be team players and also to work alone. The management team were wonderful and supported us at all times. The staff really did value our customers. The hard part of the job was having to leave.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Ceo
Sears was a nice place to work,wonderful customers
Supervisor / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Women Apparel Department5 March 2018
Enjoyed my time with Sears Canada. Learnt a lot about the retail business. Customer service and merchandising was the two areas I enjoyed the most. I'm going to miss the relationship we had with our long time customers and the staff I work with in our department.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
Badly managed
good place for working
merchandizer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
Sears was not bad place for working, it was friendly team and management, almost every day happened something new, it was not boring, only one things was very bad - it was freezing wage, but right now Sears closed.
Sears
Health and Safety Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 March 2018
Learned to do displays. Deal with difficult customers. A typical day was one that never happened. Each day was different. Different tasks but main duties on CSD were to answer any questions and sell items to customers.
Pros
fun atmosphere to work in
Cons
Willingness to change the brand
District Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON4 March 2018
Change is good. The executives at Sears Canada had the vision and the willingness to push for a complete reinvention of the brand. Starting with the product and then to the store design/planning.

They were aggressive in their approach with this reinvention looking to complete 10 store renovations in 12 months and they were on track. The only reason was because Sears Canada had great employees with great pride in the brand.
Pros
great people
Cons
went bankrupt
Great retail experience in various roles
Merchandise Flow Associate, Promenade Mall (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON4 March 2018
Looked forward to going into work as no two days were the same. Based on various positions with the company, I was able to participate in various workshops that taught me how to conduct interviews, set sales goals, coaching & mentoring associates. Fostered teamwork. Enjoyed interactions with customers.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
work balance
productivity
Floor Associate - Children & Infant Department (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 March 2018
A typical day could and often did change at the drop of a hat. I was responsible to restock shelves, remerchandise and price stock and make displays appealing. Keep myself updated on product knowledge eg car seat/ travel systems, crib regulations, and able to demonstrate to customers. Be able to know what their needs were. Assistant customers with baby registry and bridal registries. Assistant them with everything from baby needs, fashions and bridal and home requirements. Was often acting manager. Dealt with customer complaints and made phone calls to solve the situations. When necessary I also assisted on the cash desk ringing in purchases.
Pros
occational free lunches, benifits, employee discounts, being part of a family and meeting wonderful people.
Cons
Sears closed and I lost my job
Company no longer exist
Director - Inventory Accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2018
Sears was closed since Jan 2018. It is a good company to work for hence I stayed in the company for 20 years. Its my co workers that I will missed the most.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood Mall, Burnaby BC2 March 2018
Enjoyed my time working for Sears Canada, it provided me a lot of opportunities to grow within the company and help develop others.

Positive workplace environment, challenging however rewarding. Working with a lot of hard working, dedicated Associates who make it fun.
Pros
Great people to work with
Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2018
I loved working at Sears. Thought I would retire from there unfortunately the company closed down and I no longer had a job. I was also on the health and Safety committee.
Pros
Met wonderful people
Cons
Lost my job
Unprofessional Place of Employment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Terrible Management, Company was not forward thinking which ended abruptly. Staff was not treated with respect and new management was unheard and asked to go with the current flow of Sears.
Fun work place while it lasted
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
You work hard everyday and you were rewarded and everyone was treated as equals. You were always proud of your work and accomplishments and you were recognized by your peers during meetings.
Pros
You were always trusted to complete job tasks
Cons
short staff
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  9501 Highway 5028 February 2018
The staff is really easy going, like to get things done without hassling anybody. Managers seemed to like me within the first week of working based on how productive I was.
Pros
Staff is easy going
Cons
Unorganized