Sears Employee Reviews

Old school mentality
Divisional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
Unfortunate that a good company did not survive and had to liquidate. Corporate direction changes were made too late to help the company survive. No true control on expenses.
Pros
Great people
Cons
My travel time
a typical day at work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2018
Tidy the sales floor and unpack new merchandise. Then get it ready for the floor and set up the displays while helping customers and maintaining a clean and safe sales floor.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers
Cons
working weekends
Company events and organize cancel sears run
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 March 2018
I really enjoy working with people and make sure by the end of the day my work is finish.I'm always on the go by I like to be busy and any problems that come up I will try my best to solved it. My dept was amazing we all worked together as a team.I learned a lot from my collaboration with my fellow associates.I also help out in other departments when needed.I was willing to learn new opportunity and be a team player.I never turn down any advise or help.
Loved my work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC21 March 2018
My job was pretty basic, but the people I worked with were really nice and my superior was a great person. Never really got bored.

The best was that we were allowed to disguise ourselves (within reasons) on Halloween!
great people to work with but no job securtiy
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 March 2018
Was a great job but no Job Secrurity. Move jobs over seas and the closed the doors. Was not given dates for when my possition would be done. Told day before.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
shift work
Great!!
Installation Specialist Home Decor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2018
This position was handed to me...it was a great experience .

Everything I have learn at this position I have taken forward in all my positions.

The hours were good, salary was in the range
Encouraging staff
CSD/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 March 2018
Although the store was closing the employees along with myself created an enjoyable atmosphere! it was a pleasure working there. Customer satisfaction was one of the main aspects achieved daily!
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Closer of store
A good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON20 March 2018
Come in open store, help customers with point of sale. Help customer find what they came in for. I learned lots working for Sears and would have went back if they did not close all their stores.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 March 2018
A typical day at work, is going all around the store and chatting with customers and helping them understand more of the product they are looking at or intending to purchase.
Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 March 2018
It was good overall experience working at Sears. I have learned allot and gained knowledge about the products we our products and to deal with customers.
Good environment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2018
Work safe rights are respected and acknowledge, Good environment, Responsible managers, Good working hours, Teaches new hires the ropes more in detail.
Hi
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 March 2018
working for sears was fun and exciting i liked working with new and old people . i really enjoyed working for the company. i made a lot of friend and gained a lot of expeirence in the process.
The co-workers were awesome!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 March 2018
Co-workers are friendly and helpful. The management is a joke. You are given a different answer from every manager. None of them are even in the same book let alone the same page.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Terrible management
Typical Day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 March 2018
A typical day at sears jewelry department includes sweeping the floor, organizing jewelry in the show case and on the stands. It includes promoting any sales happening at the time.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2018
• Customer Service Desk
• Received calls and answering customers’ questions
• Operated cashier stands to help customers efficiently
• Responsible for completing sales transactions within the establishment
• Promoted products and sales to customers service
Store Manager skills were atrocious
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 March 2018
What can I say, the store was run terribly by upper management.
If you did something to back up your employees, you were reprimanded in other ways to make you quit.

My employees that worked very hard every day in my department were dependable and honorable.

I went to bat for some of them that did not want to wear a specific tie for a specific holiday.
I believe in equal rights for all.
My co-workers did not celebrate certain holidays and I respect that. These are the same co-workers that would not hesitate to work on said holidays with no problem while others wanted/needed these days off.

Result: Store manager sent me home for the day.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Upper Management
Great management and work life
Team Lead- Technical Parts/ Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
The company really made you feel as if you were a part of a family. Everyone was treated equally and fairly. The work balance was reasonable and they always held events to encourage the employees. Management was easy to approach, and always did all they could to assist you in your needs or questions.
Great place to work.
Human Resources Leader (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2018
Sears Canada was a great to place work. The job was challenging and I truly enjoyed it. Although there were over 100 employees at the Markville store where I worked, it seemed like a family. Every day was unique. The Human Resources team consisted of only myself so every day was different. I was responsible for recruiting, training, payroll, performance issues, Health and Safety and all other HR activities. The most challenging time was dealing with the Markville store closure which also affected my position. I needed to be professional and committed to stay to the end to ensure that all the associates had support.
Pros
Great people and management at store level
Cons
Poor management from CEO and Head Office
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bramalea, ON14 March 2018
I lpved sears worked for almost 30 years
If it did not go under i would still be there Always gave us great training on products hours were very flexible
Pros
Employee discount great peopke
Cons
Stand alot
Sears was amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 March 2018
I have worked at sears as a coop student and got placed to part-time after my coop ended, amazing store with amazing management and amazing people if it hadn't closed down i would have stayed.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
nothing