Sears Employee Reviews

Men's Department
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 April 2018
Department worked in was fun and a great learning experience.
I assisted customers with sizing for dress shirts and suits. Sears was highly customer service oriented.
Must be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to change
Senior Allocation & Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
With the frequency of Management changes came different Management styles. Must be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to change.

Definitely always challenged.
Productive and good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 April 2018
Greet customers and provide customer service to anyone that seeks it. Walk around on floor duty making sure everything is organized and neat. Ensuring all customers are satisfied
awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 April 2018
I LOVED working for Sears I wish it was still open I would still be working there great people to work with all types of people it was great loved the people and my job
Friendly Atomsphere
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS5 April 2018
Overall Sears was a great place to work with great staff. The customers were always friendly and it gave us great satisfaction to complete a customer transaction that made their day.
Closed
Regional Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 April 2018
Not applicable as this store has closed all locations and there is no jobs availablenow. This job is no longer available so as an option for career there isn’t one. I enjoyed the job very much met many great people and learned a lot of great things.
Pros
Liked it there
Cons
Closed permanently
agent
Branch Manager/Lead (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 April 2018
closed do to poor management. Sears travel is ok company to work for. High targets low walk in and head office not very supportive. Wants you to work on your own time to market and not pay you for it.
Pros
travel perks
Cons
pay
Company is gone
Appliance Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 April 2018
Company is gone .
enjoyed my job for the most part. Towards the end is was tough to make it thru a day, with the court involved bankruptcy and knowing you were going to be out of work soon.
Very rewarding work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 April 2018
After being hired to work as a CTAC phone representative for Sears, I instantly felt included in the Sears family. Our job was a detailed one, and I enjoyed working with my colleagues to solve the issues our customers called to get help with. Our management was polite and happy to assist when there was a tough problem or system error. It was a tough job that required good listening skills, and a strong understanding of the products and our services, but there was always a supervisor at hand to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was leaving it in the end when Sears inevitably closed its doors.
sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON3 April 2018
I help open up the store and setup. The items that the over night workers didn't get to put on the shelves i put them out. The environment was really good every one help each other.
most employees were unhappy
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 April 2018
most employees were unhappy with the manager at this location. It was a chaotic office. I did not like getting 2 hour shifts only to cover dinner time for employees.
event room
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2018
Moving up in this company is always possible just as long as you know how to work hard to achieve your goals. There are programs to assist you along
Pros
promotions
Cons
Not learning the programs
Great work hours, and customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 March 2018
I worked for Sears at the Pickering Mall.
It was a great job in the sense that you were given different areas of the store to take care of that day. I learned how to speak to customers in a way that was persuasive and respectful.
The management were great, and scheduled me so I had time to commute, because I lived in Whitby at the time.
The hardest part was having to learn about different departments in the store. The most enjoyable part was always learning something new, and the job was never repetitive.
Pros
Big lunch room
Cons
Mall atmosphere
a great company to work for until last 2 years
Sales Representative for Major Appliances (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 March 2018
enjoyed most of the 13 yrs there. the last few years were difficult with the end coming. co workers were excellent and an overall great work environment.
Pros
made some good friends a family like environment
Cons
sears reputation near the end made it difficult to sell
productive and fun working with co workers
Parts Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2018
Very happy to work at Sears. Managers were very friendly and helping. I had a great experience in dealing with customers. Products were of good quality.
Pros
Very good gym facility
Cons
Company close down
It was an amazing experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 March 2018
It was an amazing experience had lots of fun and taught me how to fold clothes properly. I had an amazing hour schedule and made minimum wage overall it was great
Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2018
It was closing so it was kinda tough. We have to move fixtures and they were so heavy to move from the first to the second floor. Didn't receive a lot of hours. I got to make some friends. Some days were boring and sometimes super busy.
Sears is a friendly atmosphere for the employees and customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 March 2018
Workplace in sears is good, friendly atmosphere for the employees as well as the customers, good teamwork for team members. Managers are approachable, knowledgeable and helpful.
We always maintain clean and tidy workplace environment.
Sears was a good , friendly atmosphere for the employees and customers which all we missed. Most of the time a learned the values like how to give a great satisfaction of the customers as well as co workers. we respect the culture of a person or co worker.
Being in a customer service field I learned how to deal and have more patience give extra care for the customer that is hard to please. And I'm happy working in sears I earned a lot not a material things but the people who I'm working and especially the customers I've met everyday.
Pros
holiday event - free lunches
It no longer exists
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK26 March 2018
It was was a good place to work but the hours I was given did not work with my school schedule. It is now closed so that is why I did not recommend it.
Great people to work with...
HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 March 2018
Great people to work with, met many people who I am still in touch with, unfortunately the company has since closed. Was a great loss for our community.
Pros
Good hours, close to home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K