Sears Employee Review

Fun workplace until 2012
MERCHANDISE FLOW ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario19 November 2013
When I started working at Sears, it was a fun place to work but then they changed management and it became hell. Salaries were frozen, position responsibilities were changed, people were not given options of what they wanted and so there were frustrations all around. Then stores were closed and although jobs were guaranteed when trasfers were initiated people were sent to stores the management kne would be losing and after two months of trasfer we were out in the cold again this time no guaranteed jobs. Packages won't be satisfactory considering that salaries have been frozen for seven years.
In all this I will miss some of my co-workers & leads who were nice and made work tolerable. I enjoyed what the MPT position entailed and it was fun but then we were relegated under the new name of MFT and although I didn't mind doing what had to be done yet still it was too routine for me & I became bored.
I have learned that corporate workers are not really protected under the labor laws and so corporations like Sears can do what they like to their staff with no one to complain to. I guess if I don't like whats's going on I could have found another job. But I don't like jumping from one job to the next. I am a loyal worker and will stay so till February 9th, 2014 when the doors will be slammed in our faces.

Other Sears Employee Reviews

Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 April 2018
Great work environment and flexible hours while attending school. It really felt like a family when I came into work. I made new friends which made work go by quickly. Sears always had opportunities for employees to earn extra money and room for advancement.
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince george bc23 April 2018
Sears was really busy when i worked there. Good atmosphere, friendly coworkers. Some of the management was careless, many thefts took place in the short time that i was there. dont know how a buisness can survive when it is ran the way that it was ran.