Sears Employee Reviews

Supervised customer service operations across Sears Ville St-Laurent, West Island and Laval
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2018
Punctuality of staff, coaching, training, assisting customers, ensuring brand loyalty across the board etc. Those are all factors that play a major role in my day to day.
One of my main strength is providing the best support to my staff and to the customers. It is done without struggle as it is a pleasure in doing so.
The hardest part of the job is to please an unsatisfied customer, give him back the trust and ensuring that he will go back home as a happy customer. This is usually a struggle for us (customer service) which I learned to overcome easily at SEARS.
I love working as a team while executing all tasks on time. We needed to make sure that all deadlines were easily met whereas all staff were working under the same vision and commitment and towards the same goal.
I really enjoyed working at SEARS!
Sears Canada
PROCUREMENT SOURCING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
Sears had a great team that I worked with and I was able to grow my skills with Procurement activities.

Prior to being released - I trained the incoming IBM team on the SAP Ariba sourcing tool that we had designed and the contract managment system that was inplace.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Released due to down sizing.
Best first job
Inventory Productivity Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 August 2018
Joined during the liquidation when Sears Yorkdale was closing. Despite the imminent closure of the store the environment was still very calm and managers were kind. Got free lunch every week.
Unstable work environment but good pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
Large Client base, good traffic every day due hot location. Very good loyal customer buying here. Very stressful sometime because manager have no experience dealing with customer issue.
Pros
discount for staff on clothe, appliance, mattress..etc..
Cons
work moral going down each day.
Excellent workplace
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my years with Sears. I found both management and colleagues very easy to work with. For 22 years, I enjoyed a positive work atmosphere.
Pros
Steady reliable, proud to be part of the team.
Très belle équipe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC9 August 2018
Difficile de vivre une fermeture après 24 ans dans cette entreprise.
Je l'ai fait avec mon équipe pour garder leur morale.
Jusqu'à la fin il y a eu de l'entraide et du respect.
Je suis fier du travail accomplie.
Pros
encouragements
Cons
salaire geler
A great side job.
Catalogue Carrier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2018
I worked for this company as delivering their monthly and seasonal catalogues. There weren't many opportunities to grow or get more work to do with this job considering it depended on who subscribed to the catalougues, in which who were needed to be delivered to.
Pros
Flexible, no micro-management
Cons
Not enough deliveries
productive
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
selling Major Appliances
Customer services
coordinating with buyer for stock
delivery coordinating
maintaining the floor
follow up with customers
Decent work, decent pay
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 August 2018
Work was fine, this Sears is now defunct so this review is bullpoop but apparently I need to complete it so here I am, typing out 150 characters like this.
Environnement de travail productif
Plancher (Former Employee) –  Hull, QC6 August 2018
Sears etait un tres bon magasin pour prendre de l' experience dans tout les domaines relies a cet emploi.
Pros
rabais employe
Cons
pas toujours nos horaires a temps
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 August 2018
Sears has been around for a very long time and as an associate it was sad to see it go. working here was fun and normally and fast past place. when it was slow i am sure the mangers would find you something to do.
Very Good
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Eaton Centre, Scarborough,3 August 2018
Seras Canada was my first company i joined when I came to Canada.in year 2009 This Copmany provided me with an opportunity to get me my first hand experience of work culture in Canada. While serving as Customer Service representativeI in Sears. what ever I learnt during my intial months, gave me a lot of confidence. Now I had part time permanent Job. i could interact with customers with greater confidence. I had a regular source of income which was of utmost impotant at time I got full support and help from my Managers in delivring my best while serving the customers My good work was acnowldeged by the compnay by providing me two Free Air Canada AirTickets to travel anywhere in Canada in year 2010. What else I colud expect at that time
Pros
Most reputed Retail Compnay in Canada
Cons
I never thought of leaving the company
Was a great place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 August 2018
Learned new skills, allowed for advancement, pay increases non-existant. Sad that such a big company could not compete with the new generation of online shoppers and poor corporate decisions that ultimately let to closure.
Great manangment, great vibe
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB3 August 2018
Great place to work, I was trained well, I loved my job, awesome vibes at work! great management, we had great costumers, every costumer like every worker. we had regulars and none regulars, it was a great environment for all ages
over all its a great place to work at or even go shopping
Sears Canada
E-Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
Good culture
bad compensation
bad management
good company to start after university
micro managers
stuck in its old style and ways
bankrupt
would not work here again
Fun place to work
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 July 2018
This was my 1st job after migrating to Canada, I could quickly integrate my self into the role, the seniors working with me was always happy to teach me things and it was a fun atmosphere to work.
Pros
Employee Discounts on everything, even on top of Sales and clearance prices
Cons
Unstable store manager position, the store was loosing focus due to this
avis
Conseillère à la vente (femmes et enfants) (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC30 July 2018
Aucun avis n'a été donné pour cet emploi. Merci...
Great work enviroment and management
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
I worked with a lot of great people at SEARS. My job as a Loss Prevention Officer was demanding but very rewarding. The biggest challenge I had when first hired was working shift work. Fun place to work with lots of perks.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
People not abiding to rules of facility.
Friendly environment
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 July 2018
I love to work there. my one of the best experience ever. Friendly workers, good environment, love to work there. team wok, leadership skill needed to work as a cleaner.
Très agréable
Directrice des ventes (Former Employee) –  Repentigny, QC26 July 2018
Dommage que cette grande société soit fermé beaucoup de plaisir à y travailler il avait une belle équipe de direction.
Pros
Commerce détail, flexible, avantage sociaux
Cons
Gestionnaire Toronto fermeture