Sears Employee Reviews

staff parties, getogethers,
CATALOGUE/ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2018
open up the department
schedules, how to order on line merchandise
doing inventory
was a great place to work
hardest part was saying no to a customer
most enjoyable was customers smiling when they leave with their purchases
Pros
gret staff, generous company benefits
Cons
long hrs
Fun, energetic and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 October 2018
I worked at Sears during their liquidation period, and even during a hectic time like that (believe me, it was pretty nuts) the staff was friendly, calm and generally collected. They treated me well even with my lack of experience and showed me exactly what to do and how to do it. I wish they didn't close, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly staff/management, helps you learn new things, fun
Cons
Can be very physically tiring at times
loved working at sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL10 October 2018
I worked with really nice people and I enjoyed working in the baby clothing and merchandise department. I would talk to the customers say hi, how are you and do you need any help with anything or are you looking for anything in particular today. work on cash and put out some merchandise.
Pros
I worked with really nice people
Cons
always talking to customers, i prefer more hands on work. cooking or baking, cleaning and putting out merchandise
Safety Oriented
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 October 2018
Hard work with lots of benefits, lost of room to improve, lost of in house training and certifications. Respectable environment. shift hours and over-time.
Material Handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 October 2018
I did everything from packing orders to reconditioning product. Picking product for stores. Packed product for the stores. Received product from vendors and inspected to product. In charge of ordering new supplies for department.
Enjoyed the ever changing eviroment
Associate Category Manager (Marketing Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Was given encouragement and opportunity to learn and advance. Liked planning and seeing the final results of marketing plan. Enjoyed the complexity of analyzing sales numbers and budgets.
Pros
Satisfying
Cons
It was an great place to work when I was there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2018
I was in sales. People were friendly and helpful. Loved working there. The hardest part was that some customers were never satisfied. All the employees got good discounts on store merchandise.
Pros
Was a fun place to work in
Cons
Varied hours
4 Years - Manager - Not 1 Raise (Though took the dpt. 50% profit increase)
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 October 2018
The Parts Dpt. within Sears was considered separate from Sears Management though we were situated within the same store.
The People I worked with were absolutely AMAZING.
BUT with the Parts Dpt. we were always on our own and that was also for store parties, Christmas gifts/bonuses, Pizza Parties, etc. Our little group would always have to celebrate ourselves out of our own pocket. We managed and being on our own meant that Management within the store couldn't tell us what to do or dismiss us.
We were the Life of the Store - everyone wanted to work at our dpt. Our laughter could always be heard and it was a joy to work there daily.
The sad part about it, as a Manager, myself and the help of my team took the Dpt. to an increase of 50% in profits within the first year I was Manager and it kept rising in Sales.
I was exhausted - working 10-12 hr shifts, with 8 hours before I would take a 5 min break. My life was within the store. I didn't see my summers. lol
Through ALL OF MY DEDICATION and being recognized as the Top Sales Manager Across Canada - Not $1 was ever given in a raise. Not even $0.50cents. SAD Not even for my team cause we worked HARD - and Played Hard as well.
Now, where are they!
Pros
Great People to Work For
Cons
Didn't Materialize their Appreciation in a Tangible Way
Travailler pour un bonne compagnie
Electronics Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
La compagnie Sears est tres flexible avec leurs travailleurs.
Great Place to work, with great teamwork environment
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 October 2018
It is sad that sears had to close down here in Oakville, ON. They are a great place to work. Managers are very understanding, and they give shifts that work around their employee's schedule. Sears always strives to give great customer service and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great coaching and team spirit
Cons
Sears closed down
Productivity and fun place to work
Material Handler /Logistics Team lead (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 October 2018
Great team
Give me plenty of new skills
Always new things to learn and expand your skills.
Hardest part sears closing
working with people & customers
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Not enough hours
A bit stressful job.
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
Serving customers might be fun. It was a right place to get some tips for coffee and donut. Many repeatred customers became good friends. I miss that time.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Sometimes a bit stressful.
Entreprise toujours en évolution
Traductrice (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
À titre de lectrice d'épreuve et de traductrice au sein de cette entreprise, j'ai appris à travailler en équipe et à relever de nombreux défis. Je me suis toujours sentie respectée et valorisée par mes patrons et j'ai pu mettre en valeur mes compétences et aptitudes linquistiques, ainsi que ma capacité à communiquer avec la clientèle du Québec. J'ai toujours eu à coeur de livrer un travail de qualité et qui réponde aux exigences de mes patrons. Travailler chez Sears Canada Inc. a fait de moi une employée professionnelle soucieuse du travail bien fait.
Pros
Employeur ouvert à la diversité et aux besoins parfois spéciaux de certains employés handicapés.
Cons
Pas suffisamment de communication aux employés sur les opérations de l'entreprise.
Fun job
PROFESSIONAL STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba28 September 2018
I only had a year working as a photographer and started there with no experience in photography. Overall the job was fun, had a great management team and helped me to learn and be good at this job.
A fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 September 2018
Productive and fun workplace. A good team environment. Management was helpful and supportive when needed. Allowed to work independently but had to be on top of product knowledge. Learning about all the products to market in the cosmetic industry.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Managers changed often
Part- time experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 September 2018
Friendly environment
Casual Training
Fast paced environment
its the people you work with that makes the workplace exciting!
a very challenging experience as it was my first time working there as a part time employee
Productive and challenging.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 September 2018
Mentoring, teaching, dealing with customers.
Hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to it. I loved my job.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with such a fantastic group of people.
Pros
Just going to work everyday.
Cons
Nights and weekend work
Customer satisfaction or money refunded
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, IN24 September 2018
Restructuring within the company, resulted in managing many departments on a daily basis. The expectation of delivering exceptional customer service, executing merchandise presentation standards with restrictions on payroll were achieved as requested.
Pros
Employees became "a family"
Cons
Very stressful
Love it
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 September 2018
I was hired during their closing time. Even though, I didn't get much time, the stuff was so helpful and kind. Everyone was willing to help one another.
Pros
experience, friendly people
Cons
standing
No Longer exists
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2018
Sears clean air services no longer exists but this company booked appointments over the phone for duct cleaning. I worked there as a part time employee.
Pros
Friendky work evironment
Cons
offered part time hours and i was looking for full time work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55.6K