Sealand Quality Foods

Sealand Quality Foods Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sealand Quality Foods selected this as a representative review
I have worked for Sealand for the last 3 months. After the initial 2 week learning curve I realized the unlimited potential with this job. The company provides great training and the sales managers, owner and fellow staff help with leads, support and any advice they can. This job gives you the freedom to work your own hours and I highly recommend this job for people who are driven and love earning unlimited income. I am also finding that the repeat business has been great.
Pros
freedom to work own hours. unlimited earning potential
Cons
have to get used to people saying no
I came on with this company in 2017. They flew a bunch of people across Canada all in for a banquet in Ontario last year and this year. Big party, great food, they covered flights and hotel and the whole party. Awards got handed out. They give donations to charities and free food giveaways on social media. They launched a huge sales contest for trips down south, where I can win just by being committed to running my business!! My customers have a chance to win as well!! They have even taken winning customers down south!! They celebrated their people all night long!!! I have never been involved with a company that celebrates anything I do. They have a great benefits plan that puts massive corporations plans to shame. If you’re lucky enough to take the opportunity, do it. It’s like starting your own business without the overhead. Healthy portioned food with free home delivery?!?! This, is the industry to be in right now! They keep it exciting! Give it a shot, what have you got to lose??
No hourly pay, I tried it for a week and this job has no security. Do not waste your time, let’s face it people buy groceries from a grocery store and not from the back of a sketch cargo van.
Official response from Sealand Quality Foods
18 January 2020
Funny thing is, we haven't had anyone with us for a week and leave, so please consider this an error or posted on the incorrect employer. Our vehicles are professionally wrapped and we have tens of thousands of great repeat customers across the country. We are the #1 company leading the way in this industry and there is an amazing opportunity for the right person.
I've been with sealand for 4 years now. I came from a manufacturing background getting paid just enough to keep me around but not enough to really be happy. My wife wasn't crazy about the idea but myself and the company have made her a believer. She loves the service we provide and the great people we work for. I wouldn't trade this job for anything.
Difficult door to door sales especially in winter months. Fuel expenses are costly. Takes about two years to build CRM base, must ask for cash or cheque to pay yourself.
I wish i new about this business when i was younger. The freedom to make your own decisions and the opportunity to make what I'm worth. I had no sales experience and now i consider myself one of the best. There are always contests and trips to win just for doing your job. I love talking to people which is the best part because you do need to talk to many. Most say no but that's sales. Its all a game of numbers.
Pros
Fun, Freedom repeat sales and you get paid to do a bit of exercise
Cons
Most people say no but you cant take it personally
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sealand Quality Foods?