Seadrill

Seadrill Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Productive and fun place to work with gym

Nice place to work, good working culture and diversity. The experience from people from all over the world is second to none. I have no regret working with Seadrill.

Seadrill has become a poorly managed failing company

I worked for Seadrill for 10 years, It was once a great company to work for but the down turn has changed that. No spare parts to fix equipment, salary has been cut by up to 60%, Safety has declined, management is very quick to tell crew that they are lucky to have a job and there are people lined up to take it. different pay levels for same position depending on which country you come from. Will only pay for flights to a major international airport than on your own to pay for flight to your home.work place incidents / injury's are hidden to extended safety record.

Pros

I worked with some great crew members

Cons

60 % reduced salary, no job security, bankrupt company.

Productive and fun workplace. Learned lots

great team,learned lots,good work schedule,hope to have the opportunity to work with seadrill again.class act fun work place with a good safety culture 👌

Pros

3 on 3 off

Cons

money could be a bit better

Gaining as much experience I can in all different aspects of the job

I enjoyed working with other and team building. Each day had a set of challenges to take on, and learning the best and most safest efficient ways to do them.

Too much administrative work

Offshore management was great, but onshore support could have used improvement. There was an admin who refused to do work that should have been assigned to him so it was pawned off on the HSE officers which significantly cut into my ability to be present for jobs being carried out

Pros

entry level position to gain experience

Cons

Poor delegation of duties

Dont look after there employees and do layoffs on December 20

Not a good place to work laying off people on December 20th like really I say stay clear if you can . Get the job done at any cost but if u hurt yourself is your falt

Injured on west Aquarius

I was injured on the west Aquarius on March 2nd on the 7th no lost time injury days. I was hired thru sea drill on indeed but was quickly turned over to pugselivich as a third party hire I wondered why this is why. I got injured in a malfunction elevator and was injured sent home the next day and not requested back and then sea drill didn't report the injury to workers compinsation or pulesivich so this is why they send you to puglesetch so they can keep there 700 day no injury their good safety record is sham

Cons

Sweep injuries under the rug

Seadrill is a family away from home. Good work environment and you have Supervisors and team member watching out for your safety.

The best drilling Company I've ever worked with. Good safety culture with all the 5 core values being put to play. Safety Conscious, Accountable, Inspirational, Loyal and Proactive (SAILP). Seadrill is actually setting the standard in drilling. Personnel respect each other, safety first, team work, always follow procedures, JSA and always discuss any job and making sure all personnel involved understand it before execution. 5 point check to keep you in place. Good salary structure and there's always safety award to encourage personnel Good training for personnel, working and learning at same time. No racism in Seadrill. I had the best management and team members in West Saturn. Now that am in North America I will like to work for Seadrill over and over again

Pros

Good safety culture

Amazing work experence

Working in South Korea doing a 28 on off rotation. Working with cultures from all over the world. The mgmt team for this oil rig being built was second to none. My co-workers were a Team that was cohesive and professional.

Productive and very fast paced workplace

I learned many different aspects of the offshore industry while working with Seadrill. I learned how to manage a control room and having to deal with numerous people activating and closing permits throughout the shift. This along with standing a DP watch and also handling the stability of the rig using the Ballast Control panel, helped shape me into a better DPO/Officer and also prepare me for future advancements in this industry.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Seadrill?

Was a good learning experience

Good and bad management, Good crews and third party workers and management. great guys to work with. work environment was at times very stressful due to management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seadrill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Seadrill in popular locations

• Seadrill