Seaboard Transport
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Working at Seaboard Transport: Latest Seaboard Transport Reviews

Canada107 reviews

dispatchdriverequipmenttrucksafetyindustrylongbad

Productive and fun work place

Featured review

Seaboard Transport selected this as a representative review
I work at seaboard transport and I love it the people are great all around, the work environment is awesome. They treat their employees very well. Would recommend working here to anyone!

9 June 2022
Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us! We’re so glad to hear that Seaboard is providing you with a great work environment and we appreciate your recommendation!

They have TVs in driver room and tea/coffee free for drivers. Good driver treatment

The company Seaboard Transport was and still is an A1 company. Good treatment of employees company and their treatment of workers was excellent and beyond imagination.

5 July 2022
Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us! We’re so glad to hear that Seaboard has provided you with a positive working environment and we appreciate the work you've done for us!

Insights into Seaboard Transport

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Good company to work

I was not working in this company for the long time but overall it is good company, like many others in fuel transporting industry, hours are long, pay is good.

27 June 2022
Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us! We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed working for Seaboard and we appreciate the work you did for us!

Be careful!

You want to beleive that when you work hard, make personal sacrifices, and need very little support that your talents and efforts would be valued and recognized. After nearly 8 years of working with the Company, I am left feeling traumatized and a little betrayed. I really loved most the people I worked with but the management team will use and abuse you, and if you stand up for yourself and demand better treatment, they'll terminate your position and you'll be out of a job with the minimum severance required by the Canada Labor code. If it happened to me after nearly 8 years of service with an excellent performance record, it could happen to anyone. If you find yourself working for Seaboard and become unhappy with how your compensated or treated, do yourself a favor and just find work somewhere else.

13 June 2022
Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us. We’re glad to hear that you loved the people you worked with, and we’re sorry to hear that there were aspects of your experience with Seaboard that you did not enjoy. Seaboard values our people and is proud to offer a supportive and engaging workplace. We are always looking for ways to improve, so if you would like to discuss your experience with us further, please send us an email at [email protected] .

Fast-Paced Company with lots of Opportunity for Career Growth

I have been working with Seaboard Transport for the last 10 years and have had a great experience. The company cares about its people and its values of Safe, Reliable and Professional are at the cornerstone of its operations. If you are willing to work hard in a fast-paced industry, you will find there are plenty of opportunities.

10 June 2022
Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us! We’re so glad that Seaboard has provided you with a fast-paced and supportive working environment. We appreciate your ongoing dedication and support to our team!

Worst company to be hauling fuel

Worst experience ever in 20 years of trucking boss was rude equipment not maintain trainer not trained to be training an smoking n truck would not prefer anyone to work there

10 June 2022
Hi, thank you very much taking the time to provide feedback for us. We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with Seaboard. Seaboard is committed to offering a safe, reliable, and professional working environment, so we apologize if you felt like these values were not upheld during your time with us. We’re always looking for ways to improve, so if you would like to send us an email at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

A great place to work with opportunities to grow!

Working at Seaboard offers a dynamic, fast-paced and energizing environment. Management is supportive of personal and professional growth and there are many opportunities to grow and succeed. I have been with this company for seven years and continue to learn and grow each and every day. There is a lot of teamwork and collaboration across the business and I feel supported by my colleagues and by our management team.

10 June 2022
Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us! We’re so glad that Seaboard has provided you with an energizing and supportive work environment where you are able to grow and succeed. We appreciate your ongoing dedication and support to our team!

dont wast your time or you will regret it old equipment safety is a joke

dont wast your time they do not care about driver office window do not open no ventilation toilet are in the cafeteria so if you dont mind the smell of poo while having lunch go for it need to say more!!!!

9 June 2022
Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us. We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with Seaboard. We pride ourselves on making safety one of our top priorities and therefore, it’s very disheartening to hear that you felt like our company did not care for our drivers. We’re always looking for ways to improve, so if you would like to send us an email at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Ok for beginner, Flat rate

Flat Rate can be calculated to 25ish/hrrates keep going downno over time4 on 4 off home time life work balance was fine21/hr for trainingtruck's not cleaned, not fueled up,,,etc by driver because they don't get paid for that. again flat rate

Pros

4on4off great home time

Cons

not organized, Flat rate

8 June 2022
Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for us. We’re glad to hear that you experienced a good home-work balance while working with Seaboard! We’re sorry to hear that you felt like you experienced disorganization during your time with us, but we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We’re always looking for ways to improve, so if you would like to send us an email at [email protected] we would love the opportunity to discuss it further with you.

Great Culture with lots of opportunites

I love working for Seaboard and learning everyday about the transportation industry. I also love working with people all across the country. The company is big but everyone has the same goal; to do the best they can everyday and be safe!Driver's are the heart of the business and I love being a part of a company that strives to lead the industry.

Pros

Inclusive culture, fast paced, great benefits, the people

Cons

no cons

I have worked with Seaboard for many years and have truly enjoyed my time here. They offer many growth opportunities to their staff, they promote internally and have training enhancement options. No day is ever the same and you get to meet so many wonderful people.

Pros

Engagement Events, Pay, Benefits, Culture

Cons

N/a

absolutely terrible

kamloops operation is a nightmare.no support at all.they advertise all the right things to get someone in the door. but all you are is a heartbeat in the seat.equipment is garbage, even the newest equipment.grunt work, chaining up multiple times a day.very very dirty job.EDMONTON management are brain dead.they care about nothing only "4 loads per day"they don't care about your personal life.they will use you until your washed out then toss you under the seaboard bus and drive over you.my advise.run as far away from these guys as possible

Pros

Not a single pro

Cons

all cons.

Stay away from Kamloops division

Kamloops division is broken beyond repair.as is the contract they have.as is the shops that do their work.and definitely as the management team in Edmonton are.stay away from seaboard Kamloops!

Not what I expected from Seaboard in Newfoundland

No room for error with poor quality cork gasket seals on tanker valves. Long dis organized days poor management and expectations for little pay. Lack of proper training time expectancy. ELog violations from the hope so you best know your compliance with logs to not run into issues. Fortunately I have ELog experience so wasn’t a problem for me. I enjoyed learning on tanker but not the overall company training time expectancy in short period of time. The blame of busted gasket seals of poor cheap quality is unfair to say the least.

Micro-managed and horrible

Did not like working for this company. It’s soul sucking and does not treat employees right.Management expects too much from new employees. Workload can be very overwhelming with minimal or no support. Long hours and overtime were encouraged. Overall it was stressful with poor work-life balance .

Good pay, benefits and yearly PPE allowance

Good pay and good work/life balance Monday to Friday. Your just a number to upper management they don't have a clue what is going on. On site manager is very difficult to work with, if things aren't done his was you get told that no one is forcing you to stay. Bring up a problem and he doesn't listen or do anything to fix it. Huge amount of micromanaging to the point where they literally sit and watch you work. Some busy times and is labour intensive work when there are rail cars to be unloaded but also a lot of sitting around doing nothing when there isn't.

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

Zero room for advancement, micromanaging

Management is horrible. Unless you're one of a select few favourites you'll have zero job security. You can give them your all and more and they won't appreciate it. 1 mistake and they'll let you go, no matter how long you worked there, how much you do for them or your circumstances.Dispatch is horrible and every good dispatcher they get leaves because they get over worked and treated poorly.

Pros

Shift is good

Cons

Unfair management, don't care about the person

Never ever again

I was in Edmonton on Manties side the job was great management was ok dispatch was questionable the lack of maintenance and dot was the straw that broke the camels back

Pros

Hourly

Cons

Dot pressure

Fantastic compmay to work .

Very good company to work with if you are hard working and consistent you can make good money , good equipment and great sftey guys ,management is helpful in resolving matters quickly .

Pros

Good pay

Tremendous Growth as a Tradesperson and a Person

I interviewed for this job and walked out with more money then I asked for. My Manager and Foreman at the time were top notch. I have remained friends with these men over the years and missed the people I worked with when I left. Seaboard gave me a platform to grow into leadership potential. From apprenticeship to leadhand , to on call after hours representative. I’ve settled into a Maintenance and Logistics management position with a different company. With a salary I never thought possible. Thank you Seaboard!

Pros

Diverse experience in Oil and Gas Indusrty, Gained valuable experience as a Mechanic who just entered trade.

Cons

No cons for me personally

What a joke

This is the company for you if you like long hours where the company incentive plan is work or get fired (which they do on a whim). You'll feel very satisfied as you look for the pay they owe you but never receive except excuses about missing paper work every single time. You will feel nothing but pride as you drive in substandard equipment and more excuses when you bring up concerns. Management has the compitancey of a valve stem. You don't have to take my word for it, just join their team and I'll read about it soon enough. I warned you!

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Not enough room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seaboard Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement