Seaboard Transport

Seaboard Transport Employee Reviews

Canada89 reviews
Poor management resulted in high turnover and poor morale. Great customers and drivers as well as dispatchers. Equipment is decent and well maintained.
Company has very good work system. However, work has slowed down due to covid-19 which has affected drivers hours.

Management is excellent. supportive and friendly
Pros
Very good Safety bonus, benifits
Cons
Shop doesn’t pay attention to equipment repair requests from drivers
The equipment is poorly maintained, wages are low as compared to other fuel hauling companies, expectations are high without any reward, consistently losing contracts due to poor performances, people don't stick their necks out because the reward is not there. In order for you to make same amount of money as other in the market, you have to work twice as hard. Dispatch is alright but not great. Manageme needs a head shake so they don't disappear from Alberta.
Pros
On site fuel, mechanics in the yard.
Cons
Don't recommend working here
Great place to work if your professional about your work, good scheduling with work load and great Saftey bonus for doing your job safe!
Steady work and pay is good for the work

Lots of different divisions to maintain year round work.
Management is absolutely horrible. The things that go on behind closed doors would stun a carrot. They need management change and not just one. The manager before was 100 percent fit for the job. They fire him and hire and new manager who once worked as dispatch who has no time for anyone only three people maybe 4. SHE is horrible and until they get rid of it Watch out in NL.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Manager/managers on island and off horrible.
Management is to important to themselves, employees are soooo disposable, they just don't care and not afraid to make sure you know it. Very poor dispatch, one city dispatching for another city, it's a total head shaker.
If you don't want to go too far delivering fuel . its a good company. Hardest part in the fuel delivery truck is the waiting at the refinary lineup for loading.
There was no review, we got bought out, it was made crystal clear...if you didn't like it leave, there are 10 people to take your place, I left and absolutely no regrets in leaving.
Great place to be involved in, wonderful managers and co-workers as well as friendly drivers and shop staff. Busy and fast paced which made for an enjoyable and smooth day.
Great place to work.trainers are great,safety is great.dispatch is great,great group to work with.trucks ARE underpowered,all newer equipment.yard is kind of a dump though
Company is good but the dispatch of seeboard is very poor at least the need good night and day dispatch otherwise they are Very good and they have good equipment and well mentioned they shop worker they are Very helpful and Very experienced fueling the truck in the seeboard yard its very easy
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Sometimes
I enjoyed my time at Seaboard. A professional company with good people. My position involved working with many departments so I had a lot of variety and challenges
Seaboard is everything I have been looking for in a career. Big enough that there is room for advancement and small enough that you don't get lost in the shuffle. Management is very open and supportive; they truly care for their employees.
I had a good time working here. They have a great shop with all the equip you need. computerized w/o system. Fair management and a really great HR department. Although I was injured on the job and had to leave.
They did every thing possible to help me through the process. A great experience from start to finish !!
Great place to learn and grow, lots of office opportunities for movement. Hard work and dedication is rewarded with trust and flexibility. Colleagues are great to work with and are supportive.
Unprofessional,misleading,cliquey .Felt as if I was used for a particular contract with no intention of going further.The pressures of the industry as a whole can be unbearable if the company can’t be trusted.You are committing yourself to them with the expectation that they will stand behind what they promise.
Not enough communication within the company......too one sided towards management. Disorganized Dispatch.
Quite often not enough notice of future dispatches.
Enjoyed my time there and honestly would do it again. They were accommodating, helpful, great group of guys to work with, it was a family. And as long as you spoke to the management your concerns were handle and taken care of.
I was the longest lasting driver for the Hinton mine they deliver to,10 months I broke my back for them. With average a day off a week because there was no one else. Lived out of my truck and did a portion of the dispatch they would send loaded trucks and I would switch trailers and offload them, this went on for months. Was the only driver with the gull and the gumption for it. It was chain up everyday even when if roads were dusty. For three months I saved there behinds. Because most of there drivers didn’t have the necessary skills or refused. The mine tried to drug test me for a small k fraction and I lost it and refused and was fired for it. After all my hard work they couldn’t find something else for me to do. This is why trucking industry is garbage
Overall a good company and good management. Good steady work with a consistent income to plan life around. Equipment is good and well maintained, co workers are good to be around.
Worked at the North York location for over two years... let’s start by say this location went through 4 service managers over the two year period... there was no stability & the lady who runs the place has no idea when it comes to hiring competent managers... management has no idea when it comes to hands on work & daily operation of a shop... they hire yes men & if you disagree you are gone!