SE Health Employee Reviews

i loved working for this company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON13 February 2019
This was my first job working as a support worker,
I worked the evening shift and truly enjoyed working the clients.
My clients were always kind.
i have very good memories of working for this company
Poor management
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
Management staffing especially distribution of work load was not properly done and has favouritism when it comes to work. Staff are not treated fairly and politics is everywhere. This was the main reason why good workers left and resigned which the management did not realized until now.
Pros
working with special facility is challenging
Cons
poor management
review
Ontario - Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 January 2019
Management could benefit from more training and listening to clients and Personal Support workers. The coordinators could also benefit from more training and or experience.
No review is necessary
Systems Messaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2019
I would prefer not to write a review about any company as I am not one to say anything as to how a company is doing or runs. This is in my nature as a person.
Exhausting
Visiting Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Many new grads start this job but with the lack of training and throwing clients onto new nurses, it has causes a high turnover rate. Many of which going back to work in hospital. There are simply not enough nurses as when just ONE nurse is off, everyone else is overloaded with clients and there is no work/life balance. This not only take a toll on the individual but affects the care that they provide. Although you are working independently, your supervisor, desk coordinator, other colleagues, and resource team are a phone call away. Organizational skills and time management is a must as you need to review your schedule, call clients to confirm your visits, connect with the right people when you need to. This job can cause major burnout and self care is something that you need to consider when working in a job like this. Day shifts often go into the evening, and evening shifts often go late into the night. Also require overnight oncall shifts

Also lots of unpaid work - including admissions, talking to the care providers, Completing paperwork only to have the client discharged. Hasn't switched over to electronic charting.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Poor pay, disorganized, poor work/life balance, sometime poor communication between nurse and office, lots of unpaid work
Not good work life balance
Billing and Collections Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 January 2019
Great place but don't expect 9-5 if you are a manager - more like 60 hours per week. Nice people but conflicting duties and priorities that make it stressful to work.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No work life balance
Fun company to work for despite AWFUL upper-management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2019
The people I worked with were an absolute blast to be around. Very nice and caring co-workers/supervisors. A real challenging job that gets you thinking outside the box.

The pay is atrocious and upper management are the worst I've ever been around. The HR "department" is a joke and upper management are a disorganized mess. There's no accountability whatsoever and unfulfilled promises.
Pros
Very nice co-workers
Cons
The company is a disorganized mess
Great place to work & move up
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 December 2018
I have worked all the call centers in Hamilton and would say this one is my favourite simply because the work is fulfilling and they take care of their employees. It can be a steep learning curve for those who are not trained in computer operations, but they give you a chance to learn. Pay is good, benefits are good, and their is a lot of other perks as well. Apply and find out for yourselves.
Pros
Good pay, great management team, free coffee
Cons
Long hours, steep learning curve, tough calls
terrible place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2018
This place is awful. They overwork you and they don't care about you're Homelife. They promise you all kinds of things and then lie and say they never agreed to it
Productive and Fun Workspace
Technical support - Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2018
Great place to work! Really enjoy the leadership, a great place to grow you career and a lot of growth potential. A typical day moves quick! Great people work here! Don't plan on leaving.
There's always a room for growth and development
Schedule Coordinator/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 November 2018
Dealing with clients and their families and helping resolve problem makes it a fun work knowing we were able to deliver care to the sick even though we are not in the front line.
Pros
Happy people
over all not bad
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 November 2018
The staff was great . But the traveling was long . They do what they can to help you out
The hardest part was driving all over the place . They do need to up there pay as it was too low for me ,
I would spend more on gas then i would take home .
Pros
When you needed something there was always someone to bring it to you ...
Cons
Low pay and long driving
Not recommended if you want a real job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 November 2018
If you're looking for something stable that gives a stable income, look elsewhere. They say they are giving you a full time or part time job, only to have you wait at home full time or part time. They actually don't have that much work for you to work full time and even part time. Simply a joke. The staff responsible for training and the support team are great though, but that depends on what aea you're in.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Everything other than training
Was a great place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 November 2018
In community health care, nurse goes from home to home providing nursing care. The nurse provides wound care, IV therapy, dressing, patient care, medication, chronic/pal care, and so much more.
Not as pretty as they make it seem
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 November 2018
SE has taken what was a great place to work (in the office), and has turned it into a nightmare. They have taken all their staff who has been there for years and changed up their schedules making them work nights, weekends, holidays and now there is talk about making longer hours. SE doesn't care about its employees and their attitude is that even if you have been there over 10 years and have vast amount of knowledge, that you can be replaced in 24 hours. And they do replace you that fast. But the new people are not being trained properly. They don't even know how to answer the phones properly. Every day is a chore to go in. So many people have left in the last 2 months, I will be one of them soon. Thought I could see a light the end of the rainbow, but I cant work here anymore. The stress is not worth my health.
Pros
used to be great co workers
Cons
all the great ones left.
It is all about your supervisor
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON8 November 2018
Luckily my supervisor was nice, she at least listened and tried to accommodate my request. I Alize later this place also gives you heavy work load clients if you are A new hired. Forced to pick up night shifts. Pay wasn't good .. don't want to go back
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Forcing to work
Incompetent, condescending management
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 October 2018
SE Health Family Practice and Specialist Clinic in Barrie.
I worked at this clinic as a medical office admin assistant for 1.5 years after having worked in the same line of work for over 25 years. Never have I witnessed such incompetent management. The Management team included an office manager, office supervisor and one other "pseudo" supervisor. Job expectations varied from day to day and instruction was different depending on which manager you spoke to resulting in confusion and frustration on a daily basis. Their overall attitude was very phony and often condescending. I personally overheard a manager on the phone advising a patient she was a nurse, this with no actual nurse training let alone nursing degree. Any direct communication with the doctors is strongly discouraged, which is not at all conducive to a good working relationship. I would certainly never recommend this workplace to anyone.
Pros
Weekly drug rep lunches, some good reception staff
Cons
Poor pay, confusing, condescending and incompetent management
Very poor management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 October 2018
The management at SE Health in Barrie, ON (Family doctor Clinic) which includes a manager and clinic supervisor are not to be trusted. The would lie to your face, constantly move you from job to job, make promises then break them. Clinical Supervisor has made bullying comments to myself. They would both give you different instructions on how to do tasks, then blame you for not doing it the way they want, which made for much confusion. Communication is basically non existent. We were not allowed to communicate to physicians. The clinical supervisor referenced herself to patients as a nurse but does not have a nursing degree. I have over 25 years experience and my pay was only 50 cents above minimum wage.
Pros
Drug Rep lunches every week
Cons
low pay, no communication, lies and broken promises
great
Occupation- registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2018
Nursing is a profession within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life. Nurses may be differentiated from other health care providers by their approach to patient care, training, and scope of practice. Nurses practice in many specialties with differing levels of prescription authority. Many nurses provide care within the ordering scope of physicians, and this traditional role has shaped the public image of nurses as care providers.
rewarding career
Nurses Aid (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2018
Not for the faint of heart, home care is hard work but very rewarding. they have some perks to working for them such as education. can be very tough to reach the office for help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SE Health. Our community is ready to answer.