SE Health

SE Health Employee Reviews

Nice place to work

Have flexibility to work. Management is very supportive. Very good working environment. However, the salary is lower than other companies. Good place to start a career.

Pros

Positive work environment

Cons

Low salary in compare to other agencies

Poor management

you are hired to be a healthcare provider but you do light housekeeping, laundry, cook bfast, serve meals, wash dishes, and even fixing clog toilets on top of giving personal care & medication pass. Does not recognize previous experience or portability, so even if you have x-number of experience—you get their starting rate. If you are a new grad, then it will work. Poor management level in place, and does not follow “core values.” Lots of gossip. High turnover (its a sign lol). Unethical and stressful management.

Worst Home Care Company I've Worked For

The whole time I worked there I felt no support by management and leadership. They don't care about you, only care if clients are being seen and frankly don't care how or when they're seen. They want you to visit all hours of the day, I was seeing patients until 1am some shifts. Was put on call and was expected to drive up to an hour away because no nurse was available in that region on call. I did like most of my clients though. Spent too much time on the road compared to my previous visiting nursing job, had to go back and forth to so many towns. They only gave us PPE every 2 weeks and that included 2-3 boxes of gloves. Didn't last long when you want to keep up with hygienic practices and performing a bunch of wound care.

Pros

Take a break whenever you want

Cons

management, poor hours, bad pay, no where to use the bathroom

Wage and culture

The wages offered are not competitive and the scheduling of nurses is confusing and the paperwork versus online access to complete documents is outdated. Unfortunate the company can not keep up with the times.

Pros

It is a job

Cons

Not a sustainable job

Very poor place to work

Not a good place to work. Management very poor. No Confidentiality. Everybody does their own thing. No accountability. Care aides follow No rules. No regard for resident property

Really bad company to work for, bad work environment.

Unpleasant awful place to work. No loyalty or Support. Use you and then get Rid of you. Big turnover in every area. Untrained unqualified office staff. Can’t even get PPE supplies as needed. If you have a talent for backstabbing other employees to secure your office job this is the office for you. UnprofessionalOffice clerk crying at the front desk all the time. It’s all about money here, hence no job security. Loyal employees make the same as recent graduates who make more with the signing bonuses.

Pros

Health care plan is adequate. Those that make corporate buddies enjoy job protection.

Cons

Stressful work environment, Frequent staff turnover in office, No help when needed, No loyalty for long term staff, Hard to get PPE supplies, Office staff gone as soon as COVID hit, It’s everyone for themselves

Management really don't care about you. No help when you run off the road and end up in a ditch. They still want you to do the job whenever you come out.

Pros

Learning new skills

Wonderful leadership

The overall feel the company is wonderful, unfortunately scheduling always seems to be an issue, I love the leader ship, and the mentoring but a new coordinator come to the desk everything gets messed up and frustration starts again

Pros

My supervisor

Cons

Coordination team

No shortage of hours

I absolutely loved working with SE. The pay is ok , the traveling pay is excellent, they don't pay by the km , they pay $15 per hour extra for each hour you travel. Had to leave cause I relocated and sadly SE didn't serve the area I live in .

Pros

Better quality time with clients

Hard no!

Unless you enjoy stress, no weekends, working overtime to handle your workload and dealing with angry and disappointed staff and patients/ families, I’d suggest trying to find something else. This place gave me anxiety and I soon started feeling depressed... The only good thing about this place are the people I worked with! Despite having so much to deal with they remained friendly, helpful and did their best to do a great job with the limited resources on hand!

Psw

Was a great place to work loved it at the beginning great staff very helpful, then everything changed when we got a new supervisor, and scheduler now it’s completely rediculous NO HOURS use to be a lot of hours no complaints and now we have none???? Hmm weird if you ask me management seems a little stuck up but what’s new every company is like that .. but what they all seem to forget is that without us working going home to home they wouldn’t have this nice cozy job the company wouldn’t even be a company without us .. so needless to say I think scheduling, supervisors management in all aspects of this company need to pull-up their socks and start treating their employees that they do have with respect!

Pros

Great for a casual part time job

Cons

Scheduling, low hours

Gossip environment. Alot of staff related

The work place is full of favouritism. No advancement for RPN's. To much office gossip. Toxic work environment. Bad behaviours rewarded. Not a positive work experience.

Pros

Clts

Cons

Everything else

Employees are not considered valuable resources

SE Health is the worst place that I have ever been employed. The pay is subpar for the unrealistic expectations that no employee, regardless of position, can complete. The supervisors can’t maintain their caseloads or provide the staff with support that they desperately need nor can the coordinators find enough staffing resources to fill the visits required on a day to day basis. PSW’s and nursing staff are worked beyond their breaking point but this is ignored which creates significant turnover and poor morale throughout. There is no consistency in training in any of the positions, you either learn on your own after minimal training or continue to drown in the amount of work assigned. Staffing resources and quality care and supports are not a priority for this organization. If you are considering a career in Health Services, SE Health is not a place I would recommend for anyone.

Pros

There are some incredible staff that work here

Cons

Staffing resources not a priority, caseloads unmanageable

The worst company i had so far

At the very start of my application they delayed the start of my employment up to 1 month just because of not updated vaccine. So many hours I wasn't been paid.. gas not being paid. Communication is so hard so long hours of driving my car got used up too much without compensation.. working even at home sending emails calling phones even at home.. 2 weeks delayed payment..

Did not feel important

Job sucked not a lot of training and when asked they were “too busy” management didn’t know a lot didn’t want to help Not a lot of support getting work thrown at you and then they came and wanted it NOW there was no thank youS very rude had no incentives either

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No support pay sucked but isn’t that everywhere

I was hired near the beginning of the pandemic, when an accelerated orientation process had been initiated to expedite onboarding for new temporary hires ('regular orientation' was re-established soon after). Despite that, my direct supervisor was incredibly supportive and provided invaluable feedback when I asked for it. The management team in general were similarly supportive and effective.My hourly compensation was very good but as a temporary part time employee, I wasn't offered benefits. Also, given my temporary status, I didn't expect a high degree of job security. My work contract wasn't renewed / extended because the need wasn't there, but management were transparent about it from day one.I thoroughly enjoyed working for SE Health. As a former agency RN who (at the time of hire) had close to 3 years' experience working at ~10 similar facilities (owned by several competing companies), the facility I worked at was one of the best. Policies were up to date and easily retrievable. The computer charting software they had invested in (PointClickCare) was efficient and effective at facilitating a high degree of information sharing while maintaining confidentiality, although paper MARs instead of eMARs were still being used. Staff were generally friendly, collaborative and committed to excellence and it was apparent from interactions I had with residents that they were receiving excellent care and felt safe.

Pros

Effective leadership, rewarding work environment

Cons

High turnaround

Everyone has a tremendous workload

Everyone is underpaid. I am a very hard working person. However, it would be only fair to be paid appropriately. I have been working for this company for too many years and have never had a decent increase of salary.

Competitive culture, not conducive to great work environment

Overall great clients however office very strict about handling out shifts, only Pt handed out not lowed to build relationships with clients and families

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Short shifts, not enough work

The most disorganized and toxic place to work

I loved this job at first I burnt out incredibly quick. You end up working usually 6 days a week, and the hours are unclear. My manager called my work phone constantly when she knew I was off work and then was incredibly passive aggressive with me. This is the worst place I’ve ever worked and I’ve worked at Tim Hortons.

Cons

Long days, mileage, constantly being called or emailed and expected to answer right away, no support, rude managers

Psw

I have been a PSW for many years, worked for 2 other companies and SE Health has been my worse overall experience in health care. Apparently I had a full time position, but that did not mean I was ever going to work full time hours. However, you must make yourself available full time hours, so there are no opportunities to work anywhere else. The pay rate was advertised as competitive. If it was a competition it was for the the lowest pay rate I have ever seen in health care. Consider the inconsistent hours and the very low pay rate it was impossible for me to pay my bills. The benefits package was expensive and not affordable for a PSW. Supervisors and coordinators are under so much pressure to meet SE Health's business needs, they're not available to support their employees. I would never EVER recommend SE Health to anyone, friend or foe.

Pros

You're not the only PSW feeling the lack of support.

Cons

The pay, benefits, and hours.

On your own so make it what you want.

13 yrs at this company!! 5 different coordinaters / 6 different supervisors and employee turnover is horrible. Been a preceptor to an assessment evaluator. Team lead. I love my choice of career and I loved where I work now I’m stuck. Pandemic is over I’m gone. SE is not at all what they preach.

Pros

No supervisor to watch you

Cons

Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SE Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement