SE Health Employee Reviews

Horrible workplace and terrible management
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2018
Not sure how a company can be run soo poorly and not efficient at all. Management is unable to complete tasks and hire underqualified workers as well as at treat workers with little to no respect. Such a disgusting environment and Saint Elizabeth is supposed to be a health care company but they are a disgrace to the name. Do not work here. Avoid applying to such a failed company with no future
Cons
Apply here to get fired for no reason !
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2018
They hire underqualified people who cannot do the jobs and have managers who are incompetent and will terminate without cause. Failed company. Managements are completely lost with how to run things and do not know how to manage the company at all, they are lost puppies running in circles. Do not apply here. Horrible workplace and terrible atmosphere.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Horrible management and company
Badly operated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham21 August 2018
I was reading reviews and I agree with most on here. Managers don't really know what to do or how to play. Accordingly. They pick and choose favorites and time,/training invested in them.

I would not recommend working there. It's badly organized for training to on the job. Your pretty much a pawn in this company.
Flexible hours
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 August 2018
Super flexible hours (which is great!), but on the days I work, it varies from having 3 patients to even 14 patients within an 8-hour work period.. Some days can be extremely stressful and some days can be a walk in the park. My team has been amazing, but I wish the pay was better for the work we do.
Middle mgmt issues
RN (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 August 2018
Ill trained mgmt. upper supervisors NOT NURSES so you can guess what that does. So the shortage that was predicted is compounded by the stakeholders and far removed decision makers. The solution ? Put the RN back in the office , guiding coordinators, RN in the SDC supervisor role, TRAIN those supervisors how to do their jobs! Keep the trained near retirees in roles where they can teach staff ,and support the culture!!!!!! Elevate the perception of the role of the COMMUNITY NURSE in the office and the public. Its misleading to call patients clients. It will never be a buisness transaction to give care. Think about how the RN/RPN and the patient feel giving care to a buisness client. Its like a handshake, not a comforting cool caring touch on the forehead. The term was supposed to have reverted back to patient from client but was never done. WHY? Yes it takes time to organize nurses in their decision making. But it can be quicker and more valuable than whats going on now.This agency has fallen victim to shallow brand stamped health care and its structure is very weak.|The RN/RPNs are great but thats not enough.
Pros
Occasional great moments in nursing care
Cons
Frequent failures in developing human growth
The epitome of corporate greed meets health care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 August 2018
I've worked for this company for more than 4 years in different capacities, mostly frontline. I truly enjoy the people I work with, as they are passionate and hardworking.

Unfortunately, there exists a toxic culture, that is often times punitive, dismissive and exploitative. There are many examples - ie you offer to help when you're maxed with your client load, then they keep asking/demanding more. Supervisors can be so busy, they're not able to give timely answers or support the workers. If you voice your concerns to management, you get pegged for being disruptive, and intentionally made to feel uncomfortable.

This organization is constantly putting out fires instead of being proactive and strengthening the frontline teams. While it is impressive that they have been able to expand and contribute to really exciting initiatives in home care, they have lost their compassion for people who make the organization - their staff.

Their mission: to honour the face of human health care. Their truth: to look out for their corporate interest rather than the needs of clients and their care providers.
Pros
Wonderful team members who are passionate, creative and hardworking
Cons
Poor management - often condescending and unapproachable
Supportive Work Place
PSW (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 August 2018
Very Supportive environment and excellent management always able to help with any concerns. I really fell that I am a valued team member and my concerns are addressed in a timely manner
Pros
Feel like part of a Health Care Team
Cons
NO cons
Impossible to move up
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2018
If I could give the company half a star I would. This company does not recognize hard work, they nickel and dime everywhere they can but still expect you to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Managers pick and choose who they want to invest in, but the investment doesn't come with a raise or title, and so people leave.

The folks who stay and are loyal, are paid less than new people who come in. That said, this company pays far less than any other health care company out there.

Huge turnover rate right now. Respect your employees, pay them decently, there are folks who have been here nearly and over a decade that shouldn't have to now work weekends and nights after working 9-5 hours. There is no reason to stay when you can make the same amount of money in a less stressful environment.

This company is also not organized, no one knows who to report to and no one knows who does what. There are VP's doing director level work, director level work doing supervisor work, and supervisors doing director level work.

Most unorganized organization, ever.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Unorganized
awful place to work at
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
awful organisation to work for. they use and abuse their employees. Way below industry standard pay. very isolating with minimum to no support from management. You are treated as a thing that can be replaced anytime.
Pros
serving patients and making a difference/ flexible hours
Cons
terrible company to work for.
The job as a health care professional great ... toxic management
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2018
As a health professional with college standards to maintain the management is toxic regarding this. Providing care to clients is great and rewarding. However management should take into consideration reasons why senior front line staff are quitting and moving toward other career opportunities. Honestly no respect from mangagement of front line staff and are dictated to work harder and take one for the team due to shortage of staff to provide services the company accepts referrals from the LHINs, with no financial incentives to do so. Accept one expect to accept more! One should not have to justify when one is ethically and physically full on case load. Quite sad as this was great company before they expanded.
Pros
Client Care as health care professional
Cons
Toxic unsupported management
Terrible place
Psw (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 August 2018
Say you are hired for full time
But you aren't no hours or two hours a day
You are used for vacations
You are lied to saying you are full time then you get noooo hours
Pros
Clients
Cons
Name change to SE healthcare... Absolutely no change in the company.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON9 August 2018
They changed their name. Absolutely nothing changed within the company. 7 years with them. You can't make a proper living. Serious lack in communication. Coordinators and supervisors don't do their jobs. If they focused on their jobs a bit more I believe the company would succeed more and have a lower turn around in the job . Phone calls and emails go on attended PSW are treated with very little respect. No financial compensation no job security no one listening to the worker or the client both are severely suffering. Sitting in your vehicle for hours on end hoping there will be hours or client visits to pick up. Having to have such a vast availability for a simple 7 to 8 hour a day client board but being available for 15 to 16 hours at a time. No travel time or break time you are expected to be able to schedule this yourself even if you have a fully booked day. Community Care is going downhill at a rapid pace. And Saint Elizabeth Health Care needs to step up and fix the problems now.

As there was a name changed they lost the 2.9 rating they had privously.
Pros
Everything weekend off, (so you can get a second job which you will need)
Cons
Pay, travel compensation, hours, communications, split shifts (3 hours am 2 hours pm) wear and tear on your car at your expense, so many things just can't list it all.
a hard place to make a living
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
The "team" I worked with was great! Very intelligent ladies who were very supportive of each other. The management was another matter! There was no support and very little opportunity for advancement for anyone who worked hard---after all if you promote a worker bee, you loose productivity.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
poor management mentality, low pay
Could be worked on
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 July 2018
I enjoy working with some of the other Psw's.
They were wonderful.
I will miss my clients.
Was a great experience doing the Transitional floor
When you try to help and care, you get in trouble for it.
When you have concerns or issues and you bring them to your supervisors attention she either ignores it or places blame on you.
There people skills are lacking and something to be desired.
They don't care about us workers, and I need a place that does.
Pros
paid ok
Cons
to much drama
Great clients
Psw (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON16 July 2018
I've worked for SEHC for almost two years, the clients have been amazing but the office staff and management team make work unmanageable. There's a huge lack of communication, missing information regarding clients care plans. You often enter a clients home basically blind as there's very minimal information. The after-hours workers are beyond terrible just like the coordinator in which we have in Bradford. Many mix-ups, clients missed, moving of people into someone's schedule without asking worker. As a full time employee hours fluctuate often and it makes your life a little more difficult. I find that you are not given any appreciation or praise for a job well done but they are fast to question you or give you slack for a mistake or calling in sick. Clients often complain about horrible employees and nothing is done , still terrible employees being sent to wonderful clients where they are often neglected or verbally abused with the bosses being well aware. If it wasn't for the bonds and knowing the clients will suffer I would have left already
Pros
Clients, some of staff are wonderful, being able to make your own schedule based on your life
Cons
Lack of communication, lack of information regarding clients, management, pay sucks for the job load
Yes Saint Elizabeth is a very productive place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto Central10 July 2018
At Saint Elizabeth PSW's not only do patient care we also do delegations. I was fortunate to be a part of the delegation team. I had enjoyed what I did as a PSW at Saint Elizabeth.
Pros
No free lunch was provided
Cons
hours fluctuated from time to time.
The company respects individual opinions, human dignities and culture. They are productive in management, upgrade staff in training and wellness.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 July 2018
Punctuality/ upgrading staff is priority. Working environment is excellent. Staff opinion, dignity, wellness, and culture of staff are fully respected.
Great Culture & work life balance
MDM Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 June 2018
Culture is great and I enjoy coming into the office but have the option to work from home.

Benefits could be better but they are average.

Strong team that has each others backs.

Working for a great cause.
Great place to learn
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2018
When I first started, my supervisor was the go to and the helped me settle find what I was good at and helped me grow into the PSW I am today. I take pride in my work and my learning. She tries to get to know you and build on your needs.

Great place to learn as there is always an opportunity during team meeting and workshops. The hours are usually great but the coordination needs work. The supervisor is very helpful and is available even in off hours which is great for us working outside of business hours. If coordination was better I think our team would excel and our supervisor would not have to put out so many fires. 5 steps forward and 3 back with this current coordinator. I can see that there is way too much work at times but then come the late night emails to let us know she is still with us. Sometimes they can be annoying but I appreciate them.

The best thing about working here is the clients. The variety of clients is great and there is always support to help you with difficult clients. The answer may not come today but it does come.

If you need a supportive team, colleagues, preceptors and supervisor management- this is the place to be.
Pros
team meeting, support of management, recognition, colleagues
Cons
pay, work life balance at times
Multiple things wrong with this agency
PSW (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2018
The clients are wonderful, the people who work there are great, however, you are very much a number to this company. Full time hours are unavailable and job advancement is completely nonexistent. The management I had, was okay for the most parts, but the little things people complained about were too great for the job done.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Split shifts, poor management & Forgetful HR

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SE Health. Our community is ready to answer.