SE Health

SE Health Employee Reviews

Canada450 reviews
Featured review
SE Health selected this as a representative review
fun, rewarding, built great relationships
My over all review about Saint Elizabeth is pertty good over all of course like every job it was not perfect, but that is ok however I built great relationships with my clients, and learned alot and still learning cause that part never stops.
Pros
its fun rewarding and you build great relationships with your clients.
Cons
you get payed per client not per hour
Poor management
Supervisors do nothing to assist with psw concerns and pass blame too quickly. Supervisors have bad attitudes, poor work ethics and threaten their workers. They have more workers quit than they hire and rightfully so. Hats off to the workers that see their worth and leave.
Excellent
Challege to asdigned in various unit in different hospital such as St. Michael Gen Surgery, Cardiovascular, Neurosurgical Unit , or Southlake hospital such as Cardiology, Medicine, Emergency, ICU ect.
A tough place to work, but you work with good people
I have worked for this company for two years. There have been management issues in the past and your direct leadership makes a big impact on job satisfaction. However, I have found that much of the leadership is fair and ready to listen to concerns. There does need to be a more unified goal among departments and that shows through.
The sense of teamwork in this office has been a highlight. Each team has it's own sense of community and the company does a good job of fostering that and encouraging it to spread throughout.

It is a difficult job to do, filled with difficult decisions. Most stem from staffing challenges. The high-stress nature of working for a healthcare agency that operates 24/7 within an imperfect and frequently changing provincial system, leads to high employee turn-over.

I am thankful for this job and the colleagues I have there. I would not want to stay long-term
Working in the community as a nurse is flexible
This job has taught me how to manage my time skills, and I have gained a lot of nursing skills with the help from the resource team SE Health provides.
Very flexible and supportive working environment.
Hours of operation, in general, are flexible, which is great if you have a young family. Although you are on your own, you have access to a multi-disciplinary team and management is very supportive as are colleagues. The job requires you to be self-motivated and have good time management skills. There is a lot of "paper work" involved, but it can be readily managed.
High Turn Over
Company has very high turn over, which is certainly related to the quality of support provided to SE Health employees. I had many supervisors and coordinators providing minimum support. Supervisors and coordinators have ridiculous job descriptions that don't allow them to actually support front line staff in an effective manner. The company's recent lay offs of office staff have impacted the quality of life for the remaining workers in the office and make it even more challenging for front line staff. HR is pathetic and provide services that violate their own policies. The pay and benefits at SE Health are horrendous and bottom of the barrel in health care. As a visit nurse you make very little after you calculate all of your travel expenses and non-paid hours of work that need to be completed. SE Health spends lots of effort and resources to maintain the not for profit image of the company. Don't judge the book by it's cover, SE Health loves their profits!
Pros
Resigning is easy.
Cons
Long unpaid/unrecognized hours, poor support from leadership and admin staff, and crazy corporate iniatives.
Great place to start after graduation.
SE was my first job after graduation as I wanted something flexible due to my children. Schedule is based on your availability which I love. Management are very helpful .

Pros: very flexible

Cons: low pay rate
Regional Manager did not care about employees
Benefits were fair, work hours were long and pay did not match the work. My supervisor was excellent but the manager was about the bottom dollag and was not empathetic
Horrible Management
I was given a full time position at the facility in wetaskiwin just as they were opening the facility and with in the next day or 2 the manager emailed me and took the offer back....without an explanation..I did all the interviews and paid for my background check and everything
Poor management, poor pay
Over worked and under paid. Office will pushes nurses so see anywhere from 10 patient to ++++, do not care if you have to make multiple trips to different areas, office will have you driving all over brampton, bolton, caledon and malton in one shift. They do not pay $20.00 per visit, instead give each patient a time slot based on their needs, so if you see a patient with 30 mins office will pay $10.00 for that visit ...ridiculous ..run away from this company
No comment
Was hired under the promise of a sign on bonus which was never given Regional Mgr not personable at all, nursing manager did not have the right leadership qualities and non supportive
Client care supervisor
Fair management team. But as it is a huge corporation the work load is not balanced.
Client /employee ratio was huge.

Slow to recruit new supervisors when one left.
Toxic environment
Not really a team environment - very toxic. Lots of back stabbing and personal sabotage. It's a stressful job to begin with and when you add that the staff really only look out for themselves and not the team as a whole - it gets very clique-ish and office gossip is bad.
okay
new supervisors and HR are not professional they will also make up stories / lie on their employees if they don't like you to get you out of your job and because they are your superior there is nothing you can do about it ..
not a good company
The Company tries to take as much as they can from the employee and give as little as possible
The Company demands a lot of extras and does not pay for them. The Company subtracts 50 Km's from the travel each PSW does everyday. They do not pay for travel from home to the first client and from the last client to home. On top of this they subtract 50 KM's from each PSW's daily pay or roughly $20/day or $ 5,000 plus per year.
Good working place for nurses and support workers
Flexible hours where I can choose and create my own working schedule which is based on clients' need. For new nurses, it is a great learning experience to work here.
Run far away if you’re a HCP
Worst place I’ve ever worked. The training is a joke. The support for new grads is a joke. The technology has potential to be good but it’s..you guessed it—a joke. Totally disorganized management. They’ll book you for on call without telling you. They’ll take forever to get back to you with important things. They’ll expect high caseloads that are unrealistic. Just run away. There’s a reason they’re offering a sign-on bonus and a reason you’ll see a posting every two months.
I was feeling pretty good until....
Complete and utter lack of transparency.
Hsw 16.50 per client! Not per hour!

I was really proud to start work with saint Elizabeth but they didn't actually meet expectations promised.
Excellent company
Excellent company with high caliber staff. Exceedingly strong and cohesive teams across all levels.
Regular income supplements and reward program.

Attentive to detail and supportive of all their staff
Fun working space
a typical day on the job is attending to the client and follow the care plan provided i learned a lot as a HSW (Home support Worker) you not only work with the elderly but you also attend to different diversity and cultures and ages. the hardest part of the job is seeing so many people that are in pain and that can not do things for themselves. and the most enjoyable part was getting to interact with others and create bonds and know that i am able to put a smile on someones face each day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SE Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7