SDR DISTRIBUTION SERVICES

SDR DISTRIBUTION SERVICES Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
SDR has been a good company. They just lay me off and I still would go back. Managers and head office care about us. Benefits are ok, not good but we also dont pay for them. Work hard and you get recognized.
The company is (was) growing quickly so they were a large distribution center operated by small distribution managers. Often times unprofessional and unrealistic in expectations. Like any company, they wanted maximum effort with minimum compensation/incentive but were very underhanded about it. If you've worked warehouse jobs before, this one is relatively clean. If you're a machine operator, they are always looking but there are better places to work for more money and less trouble. If you are a good worker you will be offered more responsibility which is great for experience but there will be no additional pay increase.
Fast passed growing 3PL. Learned a lot in my 7 years. I have worked with many people within the company as I had the pleasure of working at two locations. Vaughan and Brampton. Managers were always helpful and willing to teach and provided their knowledge.
All coworkers I had the pleasure of working with were always hardworking, helpful and friendly. Team Players!! My experience with SDR was defiantly a good one,
All they care about is money. Period. Example: in the US, they make employees use earned vacation days for national holidays. So, say you want to celebrate the fourth of July, you have to use a vacation day, even though the business is closed. WTF? Also, no retirement, no health insurance, no, no, no. Not even coffee. In addition, upper management will screw you over. It is a guarantee. I have never seen such a pathetic organization.

Don't waste your time.
• Picking and Packing shoes, then put them in boxes
• Stack boxes and ready them for delivery

• Maintain work area clean and free of debris

DAY JOB
good people work there, just didn't pay enough for me at the time, they trained me well, operated various machines, or was more with that it was worth
this place is a nice place but the salary is not enough fot the job that i am doing, dont give overtime and dont have promotion never increase the salary and the co-workers are rude to everyone, some feel entiteld and do little to no work.
Such a terrible place. Please Don't go there
They have rules just for worker not for themselves

No overtime pay and management can do whatever they want at a short notice even cutting workers' wages and hours.

No respect for anyone even do work for more than 6 months or more.
Nice people to work with, I don't have much more to say about the company as I wasn't there for very long, but there are a lot of people that have been here for many years.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SDR DISTRIBUTION SERVICES?
Good place with good machines but less pay for the work done.

No english on the floor and lost of prejudice against non Asian workers.

Not a good place to work unless if you want to die of fast pace.

rude managers toward workers. Terrible place to work in.
SDR was the biggest hole I have ever worked for.
Don’t waste your time. Management should be fired. The people are rude mostly from management. Managers talk down to the people and yell at them a lot. 3 people quit while I was there because of 1 manager.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
A sometimes-rough job with usually enjoyable coworkers, though often can be quite chaotic when busy. The mainstay employees are dependable, colourful characters with hearts of gold and dirty mouths, though.
hard work is only one thing keep you in this place. Also to work in this place you have to work with bad and good people, but most of them they don't speak English very well.
-You're given tasks, usually the same ones to do each day
-easy to follow

-friendly environment

-set amount of hours each day

-have to carry boxes sometimes
Very fast paced most of the time. Sometimes we received free lunches.Supervisor was quite affable but seemed to have problems dealing with internal issues relating to employees. I personally had a good relationship with my supervisor and was often commended for my hard work and good attitude.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Poor benefits package, some poor department managers.
SDR is a young, upcoming third party logistics company specific to the apparel industry. They have expanded rather rapidly in the last few years and are making a name for themselves in this area.
From my experience, I learned a lot from my previous employment.
I learned how to be a leader, how to exercise daily routines and strategies within the work environment. Fellow co-workers were more than helpful, always assisting and helping whenever someone needed help. The hardest part of the job was overcoming the challenges that arose in unexpected situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are successful of the trials and tribulations that are thrown at you on a daily basis. The challenges can be quite tough, but the feeling of success was quite rewarding.
Ideal place to work for someone without a social life. Great opportunity to make extra cash.