Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

everyone should get involved
quartermaster/grounds keeping (Current Employee) –  dorchestor25 July 2016
this is a organization that has only grew in its time and has helped men and women across the globe...people helping people from big to small and each and everyone in between ...
Pros
meet people from across the world
Cons
leaving them till next time
Amazing experience
Leader (Former Employee) –  scouts hq28 June 2016
Overall volunteering for scouts canada was an incredible experience. I learned many new skills and got to meet so many different people from all over the country!
Great Workplace
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
Great workplace, whole team got along great there really wasn't a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having fun everyday at the meetings and seeing everyone else enjoy themselves.
Scouts Canada review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 April 2016
Although I haven't had really any experience; I am trying to get my very first job and learn new things and work different jobs to see what I actually am interested in. how could I get a job for my life without an experience? I am very willing to try anything and give it my 100%. with scouts Canada I volunteered and I like working with children there so upbeat and fun to play with and I enjoy learning what they know, I mainly helped them with there crafts singed and danced with them, I also prepared some neat crafts and they enjoyed that very well.
Pros
Seeing children laugh and smile.
Cons
unrespectful co-volunteers
It's A Great Place To Volunteer
Volunteer Assistant Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 January 2016
Its all Volunteer work, you never know what your meeting is going to be like, where your travels are going to take you. With being a leader its a great way to connect with the world, to be with friends that turn into your family later on in life.
Good people
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2015
The people are amazing to work with, the values are also great. I really don't know what else to say here. I'm not sure this section helps me at all.
junior Scout leader
Volunteer Experiences (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 June 2015
I am currently a junior scout leader, soon to be a full leader. I help out with the beaver group which is for kids from 5 to 8.
Challenging
Manager of Volunteer Training (Former Employee) –  London, Canada12 April 2015
Growth and learning opportunities
Team environment
Varied activities
Friendly atmosphere
Nearly 30 years as a volunteer, the last 15 as a manager/senior manager
Great work environment, challenging and rewarding
Assistant au directeur des services du camp (Former Employee) –  Miles Isles, QC31 January 2015
I was responsible for all reservations made at the camps, booking the rentals as well as following up with payments.
Also as part of my responsibilities assisting the Property Manager I would assist with all general maintenance of the camp including, infrastructure, mechanics, construction, forestry, building maintenance, and accounting/book keeping
Pros
Great life lessons, strong moral culture, great work environment
Cons
Balance of power between volunteers and employes
Fun and active work place
Youth leader and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam6 September 2014
I am a youth leader working with children from the ages 4-6. I plan games, songs, crafts, and outdoor activities for them each week. Besides this, I also plan lots of camps and activities for the whole group. The people I work with are always very friendly and fun to be around. I learned a lot about leadership and teamwork as well as working individually.
Great place to be to build on leadership and work on skills.
Cub Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2014
Great co-workers.
Typical day includes supervising the kids play. As well as leading learning activities and camping trips.

Hardest part is getting the children to listen.

Best part is the community and how everyone works together.
Camp Counselor/ Scout Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 December 2013
amazing people who are kind and helpful, help kids work towards goals of becoming better people in society.
Volunteering for the cubs has been a great expreince to meet new people, adventure the many cultures and thing the children are learning
Kin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2013
I love working with other people, we can help each other in times. Volunteering at scouts Canada was an amazing experience, as i trained the kids to learn and have fun times to the things we're teaching them.
Fun, Exciting, Outdoors-Oriented
(Volunteer Experience) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 August 2013
- Personal growth and out-doors oriented youth group
- Learn out-doors and survival skills
- Learn teamwork
wonderful working with the youth
Assistant Deputy Area Commissioner for Programme (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 April 2013
exhilarating work, very rewarding when I see the happy faces of the youth. I have exceeded even my own expectations of myself in my abilities.
a fun place to volunteer
Volunteer Leader and Group Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2012
This is a great place to learn about nature and the outdoors as well as meeting friends from all over the world.
Pros
a very cheap way to travel
Well
Camp Ranger (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2012
I enjoyed my work at scouts canada very much, there was lots of outdoors work, the management was very interlocked with its employees and for the most part my co-workers were enjoyable to be around.
Pros
somewhat flexible work hours, outdoors