Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

Volunteer for 20 years
President, Treasurer / Head Cub Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Volunteered for 20 years for my 2 sons as they were in Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Rovers. My granddaughter is now in Girl Guides so I feel that I have contributed my volunteer hours for her now.
Great People
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
A great place for young children to learn and grow. To gain piratical experiences with the world around them and interact with their peers.
Scouts offer children a place to be children and have fun.
great place to Work - Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  HRM29 January 2018
I do some volunteer work at the office and they are a great bunch of people!!

Relaxed/respectful place to work; interacting with customers and other volunteers.

Manager is extremely knowledgeable!
Very good program
Scout (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 January 2018
look i dont really work here im not an adult i just want to look for jobs. i also have a requirment for characters so im just gonna keep on typing until i fill the limit oh look i did
Très bien
Formatrice (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2018
Beaucoup d'opportunités de croissance personnelle.
Volunteer work, not paid
Camp Security, Leader, Accounting, and Staff (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 January 2018
Scouting is a very nice program to go thru as a kid, helps you get your community service hours as a teenager, and allows you to pass on that same experience to the others who follow after you. Great leaders in the First West Shore Scouts group. You get to learn many life and survival skills. A program I believe every youth should go thru. Unfortunately youth are not as interested in it anymore, as well as Scouts Canada's board seems to be in it for themselves and do not care about the actual program and groups anymore.
Pros
Life skills, outdoors, survival skills, helping the community, meeting new people
Cons
Modern youth are not very interested in going anymore, scouts canada is in it for themselves
Help with games
Volunteer Beaver Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
I basically help the other leaders set up and tear down games, help kids with the rules of the games. Help with snacks. Help with outings, to make sure that we do not lose anyone.
outdoor
Group member at the Rovers level (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
we use camp in any weather and we go for hike, kayak, canoe, bike, rock climb, ice climb, trip across Canada, see thing ( animal, fish), go to event place.
Very Fun, Great Memories
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mille-Isles, QC7 September 2017
When you are working as a counselor, there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Never the less, there are a lot of fun activities and people working. There are a lot of youth that help direct and lead the activites if you need it. Very accepting for whomever you are. Be a role model/ leader.
Fun and challenging
Beaver Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta27 August 2017
As a volunteer for Scouts Canada, I have learned how to take better care of children, work with other leader members and create a welcoming environment. As a leader, I was able to spend lots of time helping the children learn to work well with their peers, encourage each other to be their best and to, most importantly, love being there and what they're doing. As well, I was a part of the activity decision making, the organization, the planning and I did this all in cooperation with the various leaders so it really helped me, as a teenager, to develop some great people and working skills. It was an amazing experience and I hope to do it again this upcoming year!
Pros
Spent lots of time with kids and helped them grow as human beings.
Cons
None.
Great Volunteering Opportunity
Canadian Jamboree 2013 Offer of Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB5 August 2017
The Scouts Canada groups work with the local communities for the benefit of the children and the organizers.

If one finds a extremely active group, they can sometimes go to a Jamboree, which is a great experience for everyone, both helping and participating, by meeting new people across the country and sometimes around the world. Gains insight of the magnitude of the world.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 August 2017
jfdsn ioifub sfsi fg yaso fhsdauiofy asduio fyhasduio fsdhaiofh asduiofyh sau fsdah fiasdh fujasdhfjasdhfisda fs af yhsdaiof hasduofhau fhasduhfioasd p fsdah
Pros
poor
Cons
poor
It's a volunteer organization
Adult /Youth Beaver Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2017
It's a volunteer job that I enjoy doing, it has to do with children, and Scouts, Leading children to become great members of society and teaching them life skills like how to camp, cook, prepare a meal, doing crafts and other things.
Nice environment and enjoyable work
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC8 July 2017
I worked with young kids - 6-7 years old - and learnt a lot about dealing with young kids. I learnt how to handle tough kids and how to take initiative. I was encouraged to take control of activities and plan stuff for the kids. I enjoyed all of the outings that the scouts went on.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Tough kids
Fun people
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2017
I have worked in the Shop for many years and still enjoy going to work. I have a full-time M-F job and work casually with Scouts just to stay part of the team.

It's a great organization, with fantastic people.
A good program
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 May 2017
A good program to put children into, other than after school programs it's a good way to get children of any age out and engaging with others. Camping is always fun and the skills you learn in the program are applicable in everyday life. It'a a great way to make new friends outside of school and if continuing in scouting, can keep learning skills and enjoying new experiences with other scouting groups in the area.
Love working with the kids
Cub scout leader (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 April 2017
I love hiking camping and being a role model so I wanted to give back to the community so I joined scouts Canada to do that.I love how the kids look at me like a role model love to watch them grow and learn new thinks every day
Pros
Free camping trips
Cons
There is none
Fun Work environment
Off Season Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON17 February 2017
While working for Scouts Canada I was the personal relations and media coordinator, it was my duty to ensure all customers had a good week and wanted to return.
Scout Participant
Patrol Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario28 December 2016
Scout Participant
Participated in scouting events, International Scout Jamborees.
Patrol Leader
Lead my patrol in planning events and co-ordinating with other patrols.
fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON26 July 2016
Great organization to volunteer. Many opportunities to learn new skills both as an individual as well as part of a team environment.