Scouts Canada Employee Review

View all Scouts Canada reviews

Life as a Scout
Scout (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2018
Every Tuesday is set as a Scout meeting day in which many children and adults gather to follow the scout handbook and learn various skills for camping use. The management is mainly planned by the Scout leaders. However, the scouts propose the most ideas based on their preferences and hobbies. The debates and the planning of the camps tend to be tedious since many camping venues tend to be booked full really fast. There are many schedules that coincide and we are forced to cancel some of the plans that were made. Overall, the kids learn to self-improve based on self-regulation, planning, and be able to adapt to certain situations that put them in disadvantages. After the planning, the fun parts will allow everyone to be relieved from the stress and all's well that ends well!

Other Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

Learning environment with children
BEAVER SCOUT ASSISTANT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 June 2019
Every Friday, from 7-9pm, meetings will be held at a location. Being part of the older group, we teach lessons to younger children. Sometimes, we would plan our meetings beforehand. During meetings, the leaders would educate and teach lessons that are not typically taught in school to younger scouters. This is a great way to gain volunteer experience and learn about the outdoors.
Scoutscanada
School SCOUT Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2019
SCOUTS Canada was a very fun company to work for that took pride in teaching children the fundamentals of survival skills and reconnecting with nature and the environment.