Scouts Canada Management reviews

New direction every three years.
Area Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2019
Membership is on the decline as a result the company will try anything to turn this around, new strategic direction every three years sometimes including replacing staff. Upper management are now numbers driven and it has cost the company its heart and soul.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
New manager every 2 years, salary and benefits are mediocre
Life as a Scout
Scout (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2018
Every Tuesday is set as a Scout meeting day in which many children and adults gather to follow the scout handbook and learn various skills for camping use. The management is mainly planned by the Scout leaders. However, the scouts propose the most ideas based on their preferences and hobbies. The debates and the planning of the camps tend to be tedious since many camping venues tend to be booked full really fast. There are many schedules that coincide and we are forced to cancel some of the plans that were made. Overall, the kids learn to self-improve based on self-regulation, planning, and be able to adapt to certain situations that put them in disadvantages. After the planning, the fun parts will allow everyone to be relieved from the stress and all's well that ends well!
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2018
This is a great organization to volunteer with. I learned lots when I volunteered. When I volunteered the management was great the hours where amazing and the atmosphere was superb.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 August 2017
jfdsn ioifub sfsi fg yaso fhsdauiofy asduio fyhasduio fsdhaiofh asduiofyh sau fsdah fiasdh fujasdhfjasdhfisda fs af yhsdaiof hasduofhau fhasduhfioasd p fsdah
Pros
poor
Cons
poor
Well
Camp Ranger (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2012
I enjoyed my work at scouts canada very much, there was lots of outdoors work, the management was very interlocked with its employees and for the most part my co-workers were enjoyable to be around.
Pros
somewhat flexible work hours, outdoors