Scouts Canada

Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
i had fun there in the summer it was a camp surrounding a lake. they had four departments. program, kitchen, store and maintenance i chose maintenance because i am looking into becoming a carpenter or something in the trades
As a volunteer I work with the youth as a mentor and advisor to help them experience adventures and a chance to participate in leadership and teamwork situations. As a Scouter I teach them life skills and outdoor skills.
Volunteers give their best for the enjoyment and betterment of youth. Scouters are happy to share knowledge and help develop skills of others. Practical and fun.
My Scouting career afforded me many great opportunities for learning and growth. For example, I learned the importance and personal satisfaction of volunteering my time, the importance of community involvement, listening and learning skills, planning and preparation, leadership training, and many practical skills – all reinforced by participating in the ample opportunities offered to put these skills into practice.
Poor managment
Never got an opinion

Never got any help

Poor communication from managment

Poor leadership

Would not recommend this company to ANYBODY
This is a Volunteer Organization not a paid work place, its a great place for children to learn outdoor skills and to relate to other kids. As a Cub Scout leader you also get to experience camping , canoeing, Kayaking, Hiking or develop skills and share experiences you might not be able to anywhere else.
Pros
Organizing group activities and teaching my son valuable life tools.
Cons
It is done on your own free time .
Scouts Canada provides opportunities for the youth of all ages to get out and explore the outdoors with camping trips and outdoor exploration. Scouts Canada helps out the community by raising funds through donations and door to door sales where all proceeds go towards planting trees and hosting events for the local communities. Being apart of scouts Canada helps youth build on their skills and help to better improve their selves as members of the community.
Lots of fun and meet lots of people. Plenty of good activities for children in a wholesome environment. Happy to have had the experience as a youth.
Great volunteer place. learned a lot outside skills and practice my English and communication skills. worked with kids makes me feel I have a lot of power every week.
Being involved with scouts was great. It taught me a lot and provided valuble life experience. I generally recommend being involved both as a scout and by voulenteering your time as a leader.
Mission driven organization that helps develop youth leadership skills.

Staff and volunteers are extremely hard working and loyal to the movement.

Youth demonstrate confidence, public speaking a real world skills that are vital to their success in the world.
Good hours and a great team to work with. The experience will help me in my future endeavours for sure. I have met many diverse people who are driven and have a lot of fo ideas.
Every Friday, from 7-9pm, meetings will be held at a location. Being part of the older group, we teach lessons to younger children. Sometimes, we would plan our meetings beforehand. During meetings, the leaders would educate and teach lessons that are not typically taught in school to younger scouters. This is a great way to gain volunteer experience and learn about the outdoors.
SCOUTS Canada was a very fun company to work for that took pride in teaching children the fundamentals of survival skills and reconnecting with nature and the environment.
Scouts has done so much for me I volunteered during the summer to do what I could to give back to kids who were in a position I once was. Although I didnt get payed, being able to teach kids exciting things and give them the guidance I needed at that age is greatly rewarding
Pros
Outdoors skills
Cons
Commitment
Great Place to work for free.
People are there for the kids, kids are so interested in the values and let you know all the time. Wish I could do more for them.
Membership is on the decline as a result the company will try anything to turn this around, new strategic direction every three years sometimes including replacing staff. Upper management are now numbers driven and it has cost the company its heart and soul.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
New manager every 2 years, salary and benefits are mediocre
The most enjoyable part was the customers.I learned alot of product knowledge and was able to forward that on to the customers to generate sales.I was able to be on my own and make decisions on a daily basis to handle customers requests.I believe I gave excellent customer service beyond expectations.
Pros
employees became friends.
Good for someone who likes to work with children. Most people were really nice and outgoing. The pay wasn't much but you only work a few hours a day. Weekends, holidays, and snowdays off.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
not a lot of hours
Scouts Canada isn't so much a job as it is a group. Built around the values needed to bring kids up well, it's been integral to my and many others' development. Including activities like camping and hiking, but also helping out in the community and raising money for charities.
Pros
great friends, great community
Cons
Complicated hours sometimes also no money
I worked as service staff at the summer camp for children aged 7-12 years. As a member of the service crew, I was in part responsible for cleaning around the camp, replacing empty/broken amenities, and other all-around odd jobs. The camp takes place over two weeks in July, and staff are at the site for a few days before and after.