Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

Great Place
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QC10 April 2019
Great Place to work for free.
People are there for the kids, kids are so interested in the values and let you know all the time. Wish I could do more for them.
New direction every three years.
Area Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2019
Membership is on the decline as a result the company will try anything to turn this around, new strategic direction every three years sometimes including replacing staff. Upper management are now numbers driven and it has cost the company its heart and soul.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
New manager every 2 years, salary and benefits are mediocre
customers were fun .had a good repour with all of them.
Senior sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 March 2019
The most enjoyable part was the customers.I learned alot of product knowledge and was able to forward that on to the customers to generate sales.I was able to be on my own and make decisions on a daily basis to handle customers requests.I believe I gave excellent customer service beyond expectations.
Pros
employees became friends.
Fun workplace
Scouts Canada Scout Shop (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC21 January 2019
Good for someone who likes to work with children. Most people were really nice and outgoing. The pay wasn't much but you only work a few hours a day. Weekends, holidays, and snowdays off.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
not a lot of hours
Incredible for development
Youth Area Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2019
Scouts Canada isn't so much a job as it is a group. Built around the values needed to bring kids up well, it's been integral to my and many others' development. Including activities like camping and hiking, but also helping out in the community and raising money for charities.
Pros
great friends, great community
Cons
Complicated hours sometimes also no money
Fun and social workplace
Yearly volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gibsons, BC12 January 2019
I worked as service staff at the summer camp for children aged 7-12 years. As a member of the service crew, I was in part responsible for cleaning around the camp, replacing empty/broken amenities, and other all-around odd jobs. The camp takes place over two weeks in July, and staff are at the site for a few days before and after.
Absolute Best Summer Job in Ontario
Residential Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 December 2018
The whole work environment focuses on personal growth and ways to achieve, some tasks may seem daunting but they help you grow as a person. The best co-workers in the world, always have your back and always willing to lend a helping hand. Overall very organized with breaks being given accordingly daily and staff well-being is one of the top priorities. Training is clear and overall felt well prepared, the senior staff are always looking out for you and help whenever needed. Amazing place to work.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Fun and engaging
Assist in running various camps (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 October 2018
Working with Scouts Canada provides you as well as the members of the groups a interactive and fun experience that makes you want to keep coming back.
Pros
Fun engaging with children
Cons
Long days
Volunteer Position
SCOUT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 September 2018
I volunteer for Scouts Canada in a leadership role. I have worked with youth aged five through 18. Working along side a wide range of qualified individuals I have developed a wide variety of skills. Some of which include leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Amazing team
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Acton, ON10 July 2018
The boss i had and the team i had was so amazing, we created a family while working there and i wish every year i could go back. it gives you a chance you may never have again
Great time with Great People
Assistant Leader (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 June 2018
It was volunteer work but it was fun and rewarding as it gave me experience. I enjoyed my time there and felt I worked very hard and well. The camps were the best part.
Pros
Fun Camps
Cons
Long Hours
Belle expérience.
Bénévole (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC22 May 2018
Les scouts m'ont apprit pleins de connaissances dans plusieurs domaines différents.
Productive and fun workplace with TV and game system
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON13 May 2018
the workday is pretty dope, with not too much super difficult work and the employers are super cool and the coworkers are pretty awesome. i learned that summer camps are sick.
volunteer work
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Hubley, NS6 May 2018
There was a heavy lack of team effort at the location which caused the group to fall apart. The leaders were very nice however management was not there.
Pros
non
Cons
Did not see any results for the work done
Life as a Scout
Scout (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2018
Every Tuesday is set as a Scout meeting day in which many children and adults gather to follow the scout handbook and learn various skills for camping use. The management is mainly planned by the Scout leaders. However, the scouts propose the most ideas based on their preferences and hobbies. The debates and the planning of the camps tend to be tedious since many camping venues tend to be booked full really fast. There are many schedules that coincide and we are forced to cancel some of the plans that were made. Overall, the kids learn to self-improve based on self-regulation, planning, and be able to adapt to certain situations that put them in disadvantages. After the planning, the fun parts will allow everyone to be relieved from the stress and all's well that ends well!
great
Group Registrar / Scouter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
volunteer position, great teammates, great experience, rewarding, fufilling as a volunteer position, outdoor experience and knowledge, fun and lots of oppurtunity to grow as a person while having fun with your own kids
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC29 March 2018
This was a volunteer position and how it went depending on who I was working with. My experience with scours Canada was rewarding and I learned many valuable skills while volunteering with them.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2018
This is a great organization to volunteer with. I learned lots when I volunteered. When I volunteered the management was great the hours where amazing and the atmosphere was superb.
Volunteer for 20 years
President, Treasurer / Head Cub Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Volunteered for 20 years for my 2 sons as they were in Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Rovers. My granddaughter is now in Girl Guides so I feel that I have contributed my volunteer hours for her now.
Great People
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
A great place for young children to learn and grow. To gain piratical experiences with the world around them and interact with their peers.
Scouts offer children a place to be children and have fun.