Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

Belle expérience.
Bénévole (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC22 May 2018
Les scouts m'ont apprit pleins de connaissances dans plusieurs domaines différents.
volunteer work
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Hubley, NS6 May 2018
There was a heavy lack of team effort at the location which caused the group to fall apart. The leaders were very nice however management was not there.
Pros
non
Cons
Did not see any results for the work done
Life as a Scout
Scout (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 April 2018
Every Tuesday is set as a Scout meeting day in which many children and adults gather to follow the scout handbook and learn various skills for camping use. The management is mainly planned by the Scout leaders. However, the scouts propose the most ideas based on their preferences and hobbies. The debates and the planning of the camps tend to be tedious since many camping venues tend to be booked full really fast. There are many schedules that coincide and we are forced to cancel some of the plans that were made. Overall, the kids learn to self-improve based on self-regulation, planning, and be able to adapt to certain situations that put them in disadvantages. After the planning, the fun parts will allow everyone to be relieved from the stress and all's well that ends well!
great
Group Registrar / Scouter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
volunteer position, great teammates, great experience, rewarding, fufilling as a volunteer position, outdoor experience and knowledge, fun and lots of oppurtunity to grow as a person while having fun with your own kids
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC29 March 2018
This was a volunteer position and how it went depending on who I was working with. My experience with scours Canada was rewarding and I learned many valuable skills while volunteering with them.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2018
This is a great organization to volunteer with. I learned lots when I volunteered. When I volunteered the management was great the hours where amazing and the atmosphere was superb.
Volunteer for 20 years
President, Treasurer / Head Cub Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Volunteered for 20 years for my 2 sons as they were in Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Rovers. My granddaughter is now in Girl Guides so I feel that I have contributed my volunteer hours for her now.
Great People
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
A great place for young children to learn and grow. To gain piratical experiences with the world around them and interact with their peers.
Scouts offer children a place to be children and have fun.
great place to Work - Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  HRM29 January 2018
I do some volunteer work at the office and they are a great bunch of people!!

Relaxed/respectful place to work; interacting with customers and other volunteers.

Manager is extremely knowledgeable!
Very good program
Scout (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 January 2018
look i dont really work here im not an adult i just want to look for jobs. i also have a requirment for characters so im just gonna keep on typing until i fill the limit oh look i did
Très bien
Formatrice (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2018
Beaucoup d'opportunités de croissance personnelle.
Volunteer work, not paid
Camp Security, Leader, Accounting, and Staff (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 January 2018
Scouting is a very nice program to go thru as a kid, helps you get your community service hours as a teenager, and allows you to pass on that same experience to the others who follow after you. Great leaders in the First West Shore Scouts group. You get to learn many life and survival skills. A program I believe every youth should go thru. Unfortunately youth are not as interested in it anymore, as well as Scouts Canada's board seems to be in it for themselves and do not care about the actual program and groups anymore.
Pros
Life skills, outdoors, survival skills, helping the community, meeting new people
Cons
Modern youth are not very interested in going anymore, scouts canada is in it for themselves
Help with games
Volunteer Beaver Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
I basically help the other leaders set up and tear down games, help kids with the rules of the games. Help with snacks. Help with outings, to make sure that we do not lose anyone.
outdoor
Group member at the Rovers level (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
we use camp in any weather and we go for hike, kayak, canoe, bike, rock climb, ice climb, trip across Canada, see thing ( animal, fish), go to event place.
Very Fun, Great Memories
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mille-Isles, QC7 September 2017
When you are working as a counselor, there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Never the less, there are a lot of fun activities and people working. There are a lot of youth that help direct and lead the activites if you need it. Very accepting for whomever you are. Be a role model/ leader.
Fun and challenging
Beaver Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta27 August 2017
As a volunteer for Scouts Canada, I have learned how to take better care of children, work with other leader members and create a welcoming environment. As a leader, I was able to spend lots of time helping the children learn to work well with their peers, encourage each other to be their best and to, most importantly, love being there and what they're doing. As well, I was a part of the activity decision making, the organization, the planning and I did this all in cooperation with the various leaders so it really helped me, as a teenager, to develop some great people and working skills. It was an amazing experience and I hope to do it again this upcoming year!
Pros
Spent lots of time with kids and helped them grow as human beings.
Cons
None.
Great Volunteering Opportunity
Canadian Jamboree 2013 Offer of Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB5 August 2017
The Scouts Canada groups work with the local communities for the benefit of the children and the organizers.

If one finds a extremely active group, they can sometimes go to a Jamboree, which is a great experience for everyone, both helping and participating, by meeting new people across the country and sometimes around the world. Gains insight of the magnitude of the world.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 August 2017
jfdsn ioifub sfsi fg yaso fhsdauiofy asduio fyhasduio fsdhaiofh asduiofyh sau fsdah fiasdh fujasdhfjasdhfisda fs af yhsdaiof hasduofhau fhasduhfioasd p fsdah
Pros
poor
Cons
poor
It's a volunteer organization
Adult /Youth Beaver Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2017
It's a volunteer job that I enjoy doing, it has to do with children, and Scouts, Leading children to become great members of society and teaching them life skills like how to camp, cook, prepare a meal, doing crafts and other things.
Nice environment and enjoyable work
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC8 July 2017
I worked with young kids - 6-7 years old - and learnt a lot about dealing with young kids. I learnt how to handle tough kids and how to take initiative. I was encouraged to take control of activities and plan stuff for the kids. I enjoyed all of the outings that the scouts went on.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Tough kids