Scott Steel Erectors

Scott Steel Erectors Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews

Great environment

The ironworkers of the many locals are a great group to work with. They are professional and work with great pride and respect. They make a 10 hour shift go by quick and productively.

Worst company to work in

Worst higher management to work for. No respect for employees. Micromanagement of the highest level.Management couldn't even manage a bowel movement

Pros

Micromanagement

Cons

Bad employer

Insights into Scott Steel Erectors

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Productive and Energetic Dynamic!

Productive and energetic team members I enjoy spending my day with. In addition competitive pay, extended benefits and weekly training to build your skills within the organization.

Excellent Work life balance, Management really cares

The owner and management are really amazing and go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Office hours are great, as is pay and benefits. The staff are all friendly and helpful and you really feel part of a great team. The company really strives to use the best software and technology available to ensure our daily tasks are as efficient as possible which also enables us to work from home if needed. Scott Steel is really growing and if you are looking for a company that won't treat you as "just a number" then this is it. I really enjoy working for Scott Steel Erectors Inc. and hope to be here for years to come.

I truly enjoyed working at Scott Steel It was a pleasure going to work each day. I had all the support from management that I required to do my job effectively and efficiently.

Pros

Construction Field Supervisors and field administration were right on top of travel problems, and any issues that arose.

Cons

Could have been better communication between head office and field operations at times.

Good starter intro industry, no long-term potential

Company is a good introduction to construction industry. However, management rarely visits sites or have any appreciation for workers. The guys are closely knit but rarely stay too long as their is no real career development/ human resource (incentives to retain talent). Tools are scarce/ outdated, owner is cheap does not pay overtime if you stay local.

Pros

Good potential if willing to travel

Cons

Poor culture/ low morale

Excellent business for self starters

I enjoyed working at Scott Steel Erectors. I was a PM for a couple of months until a better opportunity came up. We had some issues with coordination, however management is understanding and helpful if you reach out.

Pros

Great Environment

Cons

Work-Life Balance

Overall Great Company

Office hours are reasonable, good wages and benefits. This is a company always striving to improve their current processes. Most positions require a fair bit of collaboration with other departments which can be a great learning platform for experienced and new staff alike. I would recommend Scott Steel Erectors to anyone who enjoys the challenges that come with working in the construction industry.

Pros

Good wage, great staff and management

Cons

Construction industry related challenges

Collaborative and Fast-Paced Environment

Scott Steel has a collaborative work environment, that allows you many opportunities to learn from your peers. The Site Supervisors and Office Management teams are easy to get along with and are all a part of helping you achieve success in your position. The work is fast-paced and they rely on your ability to change gears quickly, but this is expected in construction. Many sites work 7 days a week with 2-3 week rotations making it easy for you to get caught up in work.

Pros

Supportive, Flexible, Empowering

Cons

Work-life Balance Can be hard

Excellent workplace

Great team environment with superb management. Many opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. The crews are composite skilled workers who are a tight knit group. We are always looking to expand our workforce with team oriented, skilled individuals. Very friendly workplace both in the office and on job sites. I highly recommend SSE to anyone looking for a place to learn and grow.

Great job

Very good experience with scott steel. I'd work for them again in the future. We did a lot of building there at LNG project.. we build the camp that was 5 pre-engenear building.

Great Company, work life balance

Most employees have an ownership mentality, they care about the company and their coworkers. Safety culture is exceptional, collaborative approach to problem solving and zero micromanaging. Compensated and recognized for going that extra mile. The company has been in business for 30 years, they do things right! Scott Steel for life.

Terrible

Treated like garbage constant blame for terrible managements mistakes.couldnt organize a bowel movement in their own pants. If you want to feel under appreciated and belittled this is the job for you

The most toxic

If you want to be treated like garbage ,and be blamed for management failures this is the job for you. Just need boots and show up to keep your job. Good job to get you by if your looking for a better one

Always lots of work to do

Management skills are terrible, no matter how hard you work it was never good enough. I was very loyal to the company and in the end result I was laid off due to "shortage of work" then I found out he has three men doing my job.

Scott Steel is a frustrating place to work

I didn’t enjoy my time with Scott Steel. Supervisors are clueless and unorganized. And they use most people as wiping polls.camp life is hard enough without being yelled at.

dis organized

disorganized company fromt he upervision up had a very difficult time keeping postiive on site every day. Supervsion have poor organizional skills and poor equipement for the task.

incompetent owner that likes to micro manage

stay away from this company. extremely shady business practices (violating union agreements) and incompetent president that likes to micromanage to the extreme.

Good experience

Met alot of good people. They should pay more. Great hours. Was hoping for a long term employment opportunity but ended sooner than expected. The owner was very nice and respectful and displayed appreciation when he met us . I recommend working with them if the opportunity is presented.

They take advantage of employees

Lower wage scale. Very hard to get a raise. Lots of negative attitudes towards employees. Company and foreman always trying to squeeze the employees any way they can. From Management to Foreman, they barely ever communicate things clearly to workers. Steady employment if your liked by Supervisor, lay-off if your not. Wouldn't recommend working here unless you wanna be put down and treated like a teenager

hours

all different hours of work, never a set time to leave, expected to work overtime at the drop of a hat. worked ended at 430 and comming uo to you at 420 asking if you can stay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scott Steel Erectors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement