Scotlynn

Scotlynn Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

A fun place to work, with a focus on Health, Wellness, and Community Engagement!

Scotlynn is an incredible place to work. The people are awesome and feel like family. Management wants to see everyone succeed and they give everyone the help and mentor-ship they need to do so. The Workplace culture is centered around health and wellness, with a corporate chef/ healthy meal program, and a personal trainer/gym onsite. Together these help me feel good and make me feel more productive at work. The benefits are really good also, and they have many resources to help with family planning, mental health, and financial wellness. Not to mention the amazing community events to help us give back to the communities we work out of. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this company.

Hardworking, fun, and a place you want to be apart of!

Scotlynn is an exceptional place to start and build a lasting career. it is a place where they give you the tools to push yourself and obtain a career you know you deserve. There is so much opportunity for growth that it keeps you wanting to push for more because here at Scotlynn you can be extremely successful if you are willing to work hard! The environment from the moment you walk in is amazing! it is a fun and most of all enjoyable place to build a career. If you are willing to work hard and have ambition you can go so far and do so well at Scotlynn, you will be able to obtain the future you want.

Pros

Great work environment, Food is provided, available gym, and the people are awesome!

Cons

vittoria is sometimes a further drive for most!

Stressful job

No professionalism at all. Don’t have work & hiring more & more owner operators.then keep sitting at home for 3 or 4 days a week.no equality & No value for truckers at all. Shown dreams to earn up to $70.00 per hour. At ground it’s reduced to $ 25.

Work Into the Ground

Apparently "on call" is you initiating the phone calls and emails, not being available for a one off after hours. Be prepared to be attached to your phone and laptop evenings and weekends after an already long work week. No way to have a work life balance. Oh and there is no additional compensation or lieu for it. The only good thing is the people you work with.

Pros

People

Cons

24/7 Work

Fun place to work with great work life balance

I have been a Scotlynn employee now for about 4 months and I really love working here. I have been in the transportation industry for 15 years now and I have never worked at such a positive / get it done type place before. Usually trucking companies are in run down offices, with old equipment, dated software and a poor work life balance. At Scotlynn it seems everything is new, clean and they continue to invest into the business and employees. It is a very flat organization structure with the ability to talk directly to the VP or President / Owner if needed which I like. For the most part it seems like everyone works together well and likes each other. Very positive overall culture here compared to the last 2-3 companies I have worked for. There is no question that you are expected to work hard and stay productive but the perks are well worth it for me. If you are a slacker or looking to coast through life this is not the environment for you. However, saying that, there is an onsite gym with a personnel trainer provided for free and your allocated 40 minutes per day during work hours to stay fit / healthy. They also have an amazing chef who prepares 2 snacks and lunch for free every day. The meals are not cheap brown bag lunch's either, this is restaurant level quality food (No more packing lunches for me...). I have recommended and will continue to recommend friends, family and past co-workers to work at Scotlynn.

Pros

Positive work enviroment, engaged owners, free lunch / snack, free gym / trainer

Scotlynn for the Win !

I didnt start that long ago , have been here for a few months but feels like a few years, i actually enjoy coming to work each day. The support you receive from Management and fellow co workers is something i have never experienced before in my previous employment. I look forward to growing with the company and making new memories with my team :)

Great Sales Opportunity - Current Employee

If you are willing to put in the work this is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a lucrative sales position. Support is provided, but it's really about how hard you are willing to push yourself. You'll have to ability to determine your own success level, but you have to be self motivated or you will fall behind the training schedule.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Trainer, Chef

Cons

Pace of the job can be stressful

Great atmosphere

The negatives with this position are numerous, bad micro-management and a terrible training program tends to be the downfall of this place. You're expected to keep unrealistic quotas to appease management, all while watching certain favorites get all the tools and benefits they need to succeed.

Pros

Chef and Personal Trainer onsite

Cons

Long hours, way to much outside the office work

High paced, fun, rewarding workplace

Every day brings something new at Scotlynn. It is a face paced work environment and gives me the opportunity to use my problem solving skills daily. There is a strong management team who is always willing to work with you to be a better employee and teach you new information.

Pros

Gym Program with Personal Trainer & Personal Chef.

Cons

Work every other weekend, long hours.

very poor pay for the hours put

I enjoyed the job but the pay for what was expected of you was very poor

Pros

you can get into your own truck

Cons

long hours with very poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement