Scotlynn

Scotlynn Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Over all ok place to work ,

Place is micro managed Go faster than 105/km and they give u a 3 day suspension and truck has to go to a shop to make sure it’s set at 105 , if it’s not it’s on your dime to fix it to proper settings

Pros

Beautiful trucks

Cons

Pay could be better, miles aren’t consistent bi- weekly pay

Nice equipment you can't afford

As a lease operator I tried working here but the truck only got 5.8 mpg so fuel costs were extreme.When I walked away suddenly they charge extras against me so there was no final cheque. Just clear.The recruiters and dispatch will work with you but sadly the revenue versus the costs are not worth it. Which is no different than most lease operator jobs over the last 40 years.Yes I would have stayed out but never the work or hours to do it and yet for all those hours income was less than working for someone else and letting them pay all the bills.

Pros

Nice equipment and the people there are trying hard

Cons

Revenue is lower end and they scam you when you leave

They WILL screw you

Pay package is below average. Benefits package sucks. Yes you will get a lot of miles here, but rate per mile is very low (currently its 1.37$ per mile) no fuel surcharge, no fuel rebates, just a lousy 0.05 cents per gallon out of the pump price. They do collect fuel rebates from Loves and Pilot, BUT for the management only ,and you will never see it. 25$ for pick up and drop:(( You will have to pay your own tolls, border crossing fee, scales faxes etc. IFTA tax is not calculated right. They will charge you anywhere from 300$ to 600$ every 3 months. No safety bonus here , no seniority bonus . Don't make lease purchase truck program with them, you will never own the truck, they wil keep you on payments up to infinity.. Local shop will overcharge you for everything. If you want to file bankruptcy then this is the right place to work for.

It's a never never plan, so you'll never own the truck, and never stop paying. They are all in on it, from maintenance to dispatch, they screw you.

Drove for them for 2+ years as a Lease Operator, and woudl suggest you look some where else, cause you won't make any serious money due to the fact they seem to find a way to limit your miles to under the 10,500 mileage bonus. One month you get it, the next you don't and it's just a

A fun place to work, with a focus on Health, Wellness, and Community Engagement!

Scotlynn is an incredible place to work. The people are awesome and feel like family. Management wants to see everyone succeed and they give everyone the help and mentor-ship they need to do so. The Workplace culture is centered around health and wellness, with a corporate chef/ healthy meal program, and a personal trainer/gym onsite. Together these help me feel good and make me feel more productive at work. The benefits are really good also, and they have many resources to help with family planning, mental health, and financial wellness. Not to mention the amazing community events to help us give back to the communities we work out of. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this company.

Under paid alot

Nice equipment and work is fair first come first dispatched trailers to rate excellent shape most within three years old repairs are done fairly quickly The only problem I had was being under paid Scotlynn keeps the fuel rebates from pilot and loves and only gives drivers 5 cents went they get a minimum of 20 cents back they pocket also get us funds and pocket the exchange driver get Canadian

They have freight

Company driver dispatch is the best..they ask me were I want to go each trip..you want miles this is the place..mileage rate not best..benefits are great..nice place to work..shop lies..great equipment...they trade trucks and trailers every 3 years...overall I've grown to like and appreciate working here

Pros

Great equipment

Cons

Ya better want miles or do not come here

Probably one of worst managed companies to work for

I have gotta say this probably one of the worst managed companies i have worked for. Dispatchers are the most arrogant and disrespectful bunch. No communication with their customers or vendors at all, where you could be stuck for hours. I had a very hard time getting all my hours. And they deduct a lot of hours for no apparent reason and no explanations are provided. Their Benifits plan is a joke, probably the worst. The maximum for eyeglasses is $100. The maximum for dental is $1000 whereas every company in the market is paying a lot more. What’s the point of all these shiny new big rigs if they’re not willing to pay to their employees and treat them with some dignity and respect.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, Bad Benifits and Pay discrepancies

Work Into the Ground

Apparently "on call" is you initiating the phone calls and emails, not being available for a one off after hours. Be prepared to be attached to your phone and laptop evenings and weekends after an already long work week. No way to have a work life balance. Oh and there is no additional compensation or lieu for it. The only good thing is the people you work with.

Pros

People

Cons

24/7 Work

Great Sales Opportunity - Current Employee

If you are willing to put in the work this is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a lucrative sales position. Support is provided, but it's really about how hard you are willing to push yourself. You'll have to ability to determine your own success level, but you have to be self motivated or you will fall behind the training schedule.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Trainer, Chef

Cons

Pace of the job can be stressful

Great atmosphere

The negatives with this position are numerous, bad micro-management and a terrible training program tends to be the downfall of this place. You're expected to keep unrealistic quotas to appease management, all while watching certain favorites get all the tools and benefits they need to succeed.

Pros

Chef and Personal Trainer onsite

Cons

Long hours, way to much outside the office work

Horrible management. Stay away from working for this company

This is a horrible company to work for especially if you are in sales & account management. Unethical practices all over the top management & they change your designations & salary structure with out even notifying you. Starting salary is extremely poor but they will promise the moon to you that if you pound the phones then you will make six figures which doesn't happen at all in that office. No corporate culture, profanity & verbal abuse in the office. The company management is flooded with their own family members even though they are not even competent enough to be in that position. Uncles, aunts & cousins are spread all over the management with nepotism & favoritism. The head office is based in rural Norfolk county & they micro manage everything from there with out any regards for modern corporate culture. They monitor your in & out times as if you are working at a fast food drive thru.

Pros

Cleanliness

Cons

micro management, family memebers dominate, poor pay, low morale & motivation

very poor pay for the hours put

I enjoyed the job but the pay for what was expected of you was very poor

Pros

you can get into your own truck

Cons

long hours with very poor pay

Lots of shifts, good pay.

If youre a good hard worker this is the place for you, good job. love it.

Crooked

I drove for an owner operator out of Watford and based on an audit of my pay records to mileage, they were ripping me off at least $300 per pay period. Great miles however

too much away time

too much away time, lease agrement is too expensive, no safety incentives

Pros

own your truck

Cons

too much away time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement