Scotlynn

Scotlynn Management reviews

Clear

professional

long haul driving experience.Very good equipment.Safety first.Sometimes professional dispatching.Management is very good.Workplace culture and I learned lots of produce delivery.

Terrible place

Account management position is literally a pyramid scheme. They train you for a few months and then once that time is over your complete on your own, with no support. The second that your on your own to need to build your own portfolio of clients and your paid completely off of commission from the companies you have in your portfolio.

Pros

Cons

To many

Stressful job

No professionalism at all. Don’t have work & hiring more & more owner operators.then keep sitting at home for 3 or 4 days a week.no equality & No value for truckers at all. Shown dreams to earn up to $70.00 per hour. At ground it’s reduced to $ 25.

They WILL screw you

Pay package is below average. Benefits package sucks. Yes you will get a lot of miles here, but rate per mile is very low (currently its 1.37$ per mile) no fuel surcharge, no fuel rebates, just a lousy 0.05 cents per gallon out of the pump price. They do collect fuel rebates from Loves and Pilot, BUT for the management only ,and you will never see it. 25$ for pick up and drop:(( You will have to pay your own tolls, border crossing fee, scales faxes etc. IFTA tax is not calculated right. They will charge you anywhere from 300$ to 600$ every 3 months. No safety bonus here , no seniority bonus . Don't make lease purchase truck program with them, you will never own the truck, they wil keep you on payments up to infinity.. Local shop will overcharge you for everything. If you want to file bankruptcy then this is the right place to work for.

A fun place to work, with a focus on Health, Wellness, and Community Engagement!

Scotlynn is an incredible place to work. The people are awesome and feel like family. Management wants to see everyone succeed and they give everyone the help and mentor-ship they need to do so. The Workplace culture is centered around health and wellness, with a corporate chef/ healthy meal program, and a personal trainer/gym onsite. Together these help me feel good and make me feel more productive at work. The benefits are really good also, and they have many resources to help with family planning, mental health, and financial wellness. Not to mention the amazing community events to help us give back to the communities we work out of. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this company.

Sucks

It sucks there I don't recommend working for them they think about them self and let the shop supervisor harass the drivers so they Quit if he doesn't like them does whatever it takes to get u fired he lies to everybody he overcharges for parts that you would normally pay a certain amount for he charges triple to that price they don't care about their drivers they care about themselves

Probably one of worst managed companies to work for

I have gotta say this probably one of the worst managed companies i have worked for. Dispatchers are the most arrogant and disrespectful bunch. No communication with their customers or vendors at all, where you could be stuck for hours. I had a very hard time getting all my hours. And they deduct a lot of hours for no apparent reason and no explanations are provided. Their Benifits plan is a joke, probably the worst. The maximum for eyeglasses is $100. The maximum for dental is $1000 whereas every company in the market is paying a lot more. What’s the point of all these shiny new big rigs if they’re not willing to pay to their employees and treat them with some dignity and respect.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, Bad Benifits and Pay discrepancies

Scotlynn for the Win !

I didnt start that long ago , have been here for a few months but feels like a few years, i actually enjoy coming to work each day. The support you receive from Management and fellow co workers is something i have never experienced before in my previous employment. I look forward to growing with the company and making new memories with my team :)

Great atmosphere

The negatives with this position are numerous, bad micro-management and a terrible training program tends to be the downfall of this place. You're expected to keep unrealistic quotas to appease management, all while watching certain favorites get all the tools and benefits they need to succeed.

Pros

Chef and Personal Trainer onsite

Cons

Long hours, way to much outside the office work

Horrible management. Stay away from working for this company

This is a horrible company to work for especially if you are in sales & account management. Unethical practices all over the top management & they change your designations & salary structure with out even notifying you. Starting salary is extremely poor but they will promise the moon to you that if you pound the phones then you will make six figures which doesn't happen at all in that office. No corporate culture, profanity & verbal abuse in the office. The company management is flooded with their own family members even though they are not even competent enough to be in that position. Uncles, aunts & cousins are spread all over the management with nepotism & favoritism. The head office is based in rural Norfolk county & they micro manage everything from there with out any regards for modern corporate culture. They monitor your in & out times as if you are working at a fast food drive thru.

Pros

Cleanliness

Cons

micro management, family memebers dominate, poor pay, low morale & motivation

High paced, fun, rewarding workplace

Every day brings something new at Scotlynn. It is a face paced work environment and gives me the opportunity to use my problem solving skills daily. There is a strong management team who is always willing to work with you to be a better employee and teach you new information.

Pros

Gym Program with Personal Trainer & Personal Chef.

Cons

Work every other weekend, long hours.

Terrible management and culture

The management at this company treats people terribly and has an expectation that their employees will do the same. Not a place to work if you have integrity.

Pros

There is some opportunity if you share their views on how to treat people

Cons

Really bad work culture, very high employee turnover and they don't seem to care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement