Scotlynn

Scotlynn Culture reviews

Clear

professional

long haul driving experience.Very good equipment.Safety first.Sometimes professional dispatching.Management is very good.Workplace culture and I learned lots of produce delivery.

A fun place to work, with a focus on Health, Wellness, and Community Engagement!

Scotlynn is an incredible place to work. The people are awesome and feel like family. Management wants to see everyone succeed and they give everyone the help and mentor-ship they need to do so. The Workplace culture is centered around health and wellness, with a corporate chef/ healthy meal program, and a personal trainer/gym onsite. Together these help me feel good and make me feel more productive at work. The benefits are really good also, and they have many resources to help with family planning, mental health, and financial wellness. Not to mention the amazing community events to help us give back to the communities we work out of. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this company.

Fun place to work with great work life balance

I have been a Scotlynn employee now for about 4 months and I really love working here. I have been in the transportation industry for 15 years now and I have never worked at such a positive / get it done type place before. Usually trucking companies are in run down offices, with old equipment, dated software and a poor work life balance. At Scotlynn it seems everything is new, clean and they continue to invest into the business and employees. It is a very flat organization structure with the ability to talk directly to the VP or President / Owner if needed which I like. For the most part it seems like everyone works together well and likes each other. Very positive overall culture here compared to the last 2-3 companies I have worked for. There is no question that you are expected to work hard and stay productive but the perks are well worth it for me. If you are a slacker or looking to coast through life this is not the environment for you. However, saying that, there is an onsite gym with a personnel trainer provided for free and your allocated 40 minutes per day during work hours to stay fit / healthy. They also have an amazing chef who prepares 2 snacks and lunch for free every day. The meals are not cheap brown bag lunch's either, this is restaurant level quality food (No more packing lunches for me...). I have recommended and will continue to recommend friends, family and past co-workers to work at Scotlynn.

Pros

Positive work enviroment, engaged owners, free lunch / snack, free gym / trainer

Horrible management. Stay away from working for this company

This is a horrible company to work for especially if you are in sales & account management. Unethical practices all over the top management & they change your designations & salary structure with out even notifying you. Starting salary is extremely poor but they will promise the moon to you that if you pound the phones then you will make six figures which doesn't happen at all in that office. No corporate culture, profanity & verbal abuse in the office. The company management is flooded with their own family members even though they are not even competent enough to be in that position. Uncles, aunts & cousins are spread all over the management with nepotism & favoritism. The head office is based in rural Norfolk county & they micro manage everything from there with out any regards for modern corporate culture. They monitor your in & out times as if you are working at a fast food drive thru.

Pros

Cleanliness

Cons

micro management, family memebers dominate, poor pay, low morale & motivation

Terrible management and culture

The management at this company treats people terribly and has an expectation that their employees will do the same. Not a place to work if you have integrity.

Pros

There is some opportunity if you share their views on how to treat people

Cons

Really bad work culture, very high employee turnover and they don't seem to care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement