Scotlynn

Scotlynn Employee Reviews in Vittoria, ON

Vittoria, ON36 reviews

placepaycompanyworktruckhourmanagementgreat

Great atmosphere, Great Benefits, Great Opportunities

This position has unlimited potential and opportunity for growth. From the people to the workplace culture, Scotlynn is a great place to work. Scotlynn makes sure their employees mental and physical health are remaining a priority while at work, as well as offering a great benefits plan for any other medical needs.

Pros

Gym program, On site Chef

Cons

After hour commitments

Fun, and engaging workspace with friendly cooworkers

Scotlynn is a great place to work, I deal with multiple people in my office and the other locations daily, and everyone has been friendly and encouraging. I've been able to grow my skills considerably since starting here. Management has reasonable expectations for the staff. The employee appreciation here at Scotlynn blows anywhere else I have worked clean out of the water.

Pros

Free breakfest and lunches, gym access

Insights into Scotlynn

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Productive and Fun workplace

Amazing environment and Coworkers. a fast-paced learning environment lots of effective training and on the job learning, great benefits and pay, would highly recommend.

Cons

can be stressful

Good culture, good people!

I can't speak to other positions within the company, however from my personal experience, Scotlynn is a great company I would recommend to anybody! The people here know how to work hard and take pride in representing Scotlynn well. We prioritize getting the work done correctly, celebrate our victories, and have fun! Plus, the kitchen/food and gym are great added bonuses to being an employee here.

Pros

work culture, free lunches, gym, like-minded individuals

Be Rewarded For Your Hard Work!

The management always rewards those who work hard. If you are dedicated and stay away from drama, you will be successful. It can be a stressful industry, but the pay and the company culture make it all worth it.Work Hard, Play Hard!

Pros

Chefs who make free meals, Healthy snack, Personal trainer, Onsite gym, Lots of parking, Fun company culture

Cons

Some long days, Stressful industry

Inclusive, friendly and fun work environment

Great work culture, everyone's supportive and outgoing. There's never a day where I don't want to come to work. Management is understanding and transparent. Working at Scotlynn is rewarding, the gym and meals are a plus. overall good place to work.

Pros

free lunches, gym, friendly/outgoing staff, great benefits

2/10- would not recommend

Everyone is expendable. You’re there to make money, but if you’re not popular with management you’re outcasted from everyone. Everyone has something to say behind others back. Super toxic environment. Glad I got out!

Pros

Free food, onsite gym

Cons

Favouritism in management, no job security

Horrible work culture

There is a reason why the hiring process is ongoing. Keep your dignity, put it into a company that shows value. Unless you act as a mole in the company, you won’t go anywhere. Keep your pride. Lots of great companies out there to work for!!

Pros

Free food and gym

Cons

Everything else

Do Not Work Here

I was given zero actual training, was expected to know everything in my first week. The coworkers are rude and loud making it hard to concentrate. The only good thing is the free food, and gym but they don't let new people use the gym. They also get mad when you take your breaks. It seems like a dream job but trust me don't work here. They fired me within a couple hours of not showing up to work

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Rude Coworkers, loud environment

Trucks are nice but money is often terrible

Another never never lease and never mind the company driver ads as they will find an excuse to push you into a lease op program rather than hire you especially for highway.The truck are pulling 6.5 miles per us gallon which in todays numbers mean making a living and getting by are the same thing.Recruiter will promise you the world but bottom line before you start will offer you far less .

Pros

Decent pretty trucks

Cons

Never never plan leased to stave to death

Place to work hard if you want to make it your payed on performance

Hard place to get along are people here who don’t care and make it hard to stay there in maintenance and in office they just don’t care in management other drivers no friendship some ok but mostly out for there self just a hard place to survive so work hard but make time for your family as they will be your only support you get a few drivers will help u but most don’t but they do have great lanes to run in so if u come be prepared to work to make it and I mean hard

Not a place for new beginnings, No transparency

I thought I had hit my dream job when I started here at this company. I loved that it was a M-F job with paid meals, a gym and so on. Up until recently I was let go within my probation period. No reason, just "were deciding not to move forward with your employment" I did data entry for this company. I was there on time or mostly early from the time I worked here. The training felt odd, it felt out of place, no direction and no feedback. I was doing what was asked of me. What's more sad is that there was never any transparency. My manager never really responded to emails sent to her. It was just here and out. I ended up getting sick and that's where things got strange. I was transparent about what was happening but I got a strange vibe from them afterwards when I had to call off. Anyways, Id consider a different place to work. For everyone's sake, this has not been a good experience. Still in shock over this but just being honest.

Pros

Meals, gym and M-F

Cons

They dont pay you what your worth. There's no transparency.

Work Hard/Play Hard

It is a lot of hard work, but you get out of it what you put into it. The commission program encourages you push yourself harder. You are the manager of your own accounts, but everyone here is very supportive.

Pros

onsite gym, personal trainer, free meals, great work environment, good people

Cons

Can't make money on the lease program

I lost money and ended up owing money to work there, so had many many others who started before me and after. No, your not special, at the rate of 1 88 a mile paid at 6mpg, a lease over 2k, mandatory maintamce at shop and all the little deductions, it's impossible even if you do 90k/Mike down the road to make money, unless you take advance on run and loan and walk away next day

Pros

Big Shiney truck

Cons

You loose and loose money, never home, bills back up

Great

A great place to work very friendly staff and great benefits. Free lunch and breakfast and snacks. Onsite gym with personal trainer. Friendly staff that are eager to help you.

Pros

free meals, onsite gym, friendly helpful people

Cons

Great people, great atmosphere and great perks.

I am 2 months in at Scotlynn and I am very happy I decided to take the position here. It has been a great experience so far between meeting some great people and training for a position I am thoroughly enjoying. I am looking forward to my future here.

Pros

the people, food, gym

Cons

sitting for long hours

Friendly and fun work environment

People are nice, welcoming, and easy to get along with. The work is manageable, and I never felt uneasy about asking for assistance with my tasks. Overall, I enjoy coming to work each day and seeing what the day will bring!

Hardworking, fun, and a place you want to be apart of!

Scotlynn is an exceptional place to start and build a lasting career. it is a place where they give you the tools to push yourself and obtain a career you know you deserve. There is so much opportunity for growth that it keeps you wanting to push for more because here at Scotlynn you can be extremely successful if you are willing to work hard! The environment from the moment you walk in is amazing! it is a fun and most of all enjoyable place to build a career. If you are willing to work hard and have ambition you can go so far and do so well at Scotlynn, you will be able to obtain the future you want.

Pros

Great work environment, Food is provided, available gym, and the people are awesome!

Cons

vittoria is sometimes a further drive for most!

Stressful job

No professionalism at all. Don’t have work & hiring more & more owner operators.then keep sitting at home for 3 or 4 days a week.no equality & No value for truckers at all. Shown dreams to earn up to $70.00 per hour. At ground it’s reduced to $ 25.

They WILL screw you

Pay package is below average. Benefits package sucks. Yes you will get a lot of miles here, but rate per mile is very low (currently its 1.37$ per mile) no fuel surcharge, no fuel rebates, just a lousy 0.05 cents per gallon out of the pump price. They do collect fuel rebates from Loves and Pilot, BUT for the management only ,and you will never see it. 25$ for pick up and drop:(( You will have to pay your own tolls, border crossing fee, scales faxes etc. IFTA tax is not calculated right. They will charge you anywhere from 300$ to 600$ every 3 months. No safety bonus here , no seniority bonus . Don't make lease purchase truck program with them, you will never own the truck, they wil keep you on payments up to infinity.. Local shop will overcharge you for everything. If you want to file bankruptcy then this is the right place to work for.

professional

long haul driving experience.Very good equipment.Safety first.Sometimes professional dispatching.Management is very good.Workplace culture and I learned lots of produce delivery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement