Scotlynn

Scotlynn Employee Reviews

Good runs

New equipment truck and trailer. Now lots of work. Money could be better. Rebate for fuel could be better loads great one or two picks coming north. All Loblaws drop and no live unloading

Pros

Nice equipment

Cons

Nice equipment

Vibrant & Hard-Working Environment

Position: Logistics Coordinator - Brokerage One of my favorite things about working at Scotlynn is their promotion of health and work-life balance. They have an amazing gym program that caters to the individual needs of employees, as well as in-house, catered healthy meal options. The office environment is a unique blend of relaxed attitude, but fast-paced work ethic. It's a lot of real-time problem solving and management which is very stimulating, exciting, and rewarding at times. I would recommend this position to anyone who is looking for an office job that is detail-oriented and upbeat.

Pros

Free lunches and amenities

Cons

All departments have a different social atmosphere.

Work hard play hard

I was referred to Scotlynn by a colleague in the area and did a lot of research on the company before making the decision to consider them for employment. The more that I talked/interviewed with the company the more I was impressed with the leadership and the direction of the company. The company is exceeding the projected growth plan and we are getting ready to move into a brand new building with amazing facilities; fitness center that rivals private clubs, cafe that makes hot healthy food, free coffee/micro brew etc. The President/EVP for the US Division seems to be very focused on doing the right things to make a great work environment. There is a definite energy when you walk in to the offices.

Pros

Great culture, very employee focused. Good benefits and pay

Cons

can be stressful with the amount of growth the company is experiencing, but the company is investing in bringing a new head of recruiting in to support that growth.

Great company to work for

Excellent equipment, management. I get all the miles i can drive and they get me home when I need to. If you want to make money, they got the miles!!!

Pros

Great miles, pay

Cons

I dont know

Scotlynn was a great company to work for and they are great to their employees. The skills and tools I learned were beyond my expectations and I would recommend them as a company to work for to anyone in the transportation industry.

Pros

Office moral, team environment

Cons

Long days, high stress job

Good for young sales professionals

Great place to start a career, as long as you're comfortable with the brokering industry. Long mornings and nights will be part of your daily routine.

Over all ok place to work ,

Place is micro managed Go faster than 105/km and they give u a 3 day suspension and truck has to go to a shop to make sure it’s set at 105 , if it’s not it’s on your dime to fix it to proper settings

Pros

Beautiful trucks

Cons

Pay could be better, miles aren’t consistent bi- weekly pay

Good place

Good potential to make a lot of money with hard work and a little luck. When you begin building your book of business prepare to work long hours and make lots of calls

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Work life balance

Awesome culture and team members!

Scotlynn has a laid back, fun and dynamic company culture/atmosphere. Management cares and implements new initiatives based on employee feedback. Supportive co-workers and opportunity to develop a long-term career!

Pros

Amazing people, culture, growth and company events

Cons

Opportunity to improve benefits as the company grow

Productive, Fast Pace, Long Hours, Hard worker

I have been here less than 6 months and I love coming to work. It is long hours sometimes, but the opportunity being offered here along with the companies guidance is amazing. Don't mock this place until you try it. If you can work hard and you honestly aren't lazy you can make it here. I know what other reviews say cause I read them before I took this job. This job pays 38K Salary which is $15.59 an hour after tax. In my opinion its not enough but the opportunity after your 6 month trainee period opens up a door to make way more than that, it all depends how hard you want to work to build your clients. Some people really kill it, some people do good, and some do alright but they all make way more than the starting salary. If you want to be paid more you need to be worth it, not for Scotlynn, but for yourself and future customers.

Pros

Great people Great teachers Great program

Cons

Long Hours

Great culture with like-minded, hard working coworkers

I've been in the workforce for about 23 years and the 4 years I've been at Scotlynn have been the best. If you give them your best they wil give you theirs. The company culture is unmatched .This is not a job for lazy people looking for an easy 8-5 M-F gig with an average paycheck. This is a place for people who want success, and are willing to work for it. The day starts a few min before 8am and usually ends around 5-5:30, depending on your efforts and planning. Managers push you to be your best, and give you the tools necessary to grow. At first your work/life balance isn;t that great, but over time as you grow and learn it becomes very normal, like any other sales job. You'll have occasional after hours calls and emails but Scotlynn provides afterhours employees to assist in those situations.

Pros

Great coworkers, fun company events, competetive pay

Cons

Hard to disconnect. Emails and calls don't always stop outside of business hours

Productive/Fun Space for Millenials

Working here is one of the best decisions I made in terms of employment. Scotlynn is a growing company, that every day strives to be more inclusive and comforting for others. Although the work and tasks itself can be stressful, the reward is high - and the culture can be welcoming and supportive. Whether you are in sales or operations - management does a great job of making you feel like you are appreciated.

Pros

Compensation - 18+

Cons

Stressful Situations (work)

Nice equipment you can't afford

As a lease operator I tried working here but the truck only got 5.8 mpg so fuel costs were extreme.When I walked away suddenly they charge extras against me so there was no final cheque. Just clear.The recruiters and dispatch will work with you but sadly the revenue versus the costs are not worth it. Which is no different than most lease operator jobs over the last 40 years.Yes I would have stayed out but never the work or hours to do it and yet for all those hours income was less than working for someone else and letting them pay all the bills.

Pros

Nice equipment and the people there are trying hard

Cons

Revenue is lower end and they scam you when you leave

Hardworking, fun, and a place you want to be apart of!

Scotlynn is an exceptional place to start and build a lasting career. it is a place where they give you the tools to push yourself and obtain a career you know you deserve. There is so much opportunity for growth that it keeps you wanting to push for more because here at Scotlynn you can be extremely successful if you are willing to work hard! The environment from the moment you walk in is amazing! it is a fun and most of all enjoyable place to build a career. If you are willing to work hard and have ambition you can go so far and do so well at Scotlynn, you will be able to obtain the future you want.

Pros

Great work environment, Food is provided, available gym, and the people are awesome!

Cons

vittoria is sometimes a further drive for most!

Terrible place

Account management position is literally a pyramid scheme. They train you for a few months and then once that time is over your complete on your own, with no support. The second that your on your own to need to build your own portfolio of clients and your paid completely off of commission from the companies you have in your portfolio.

Pros

Cons

To many

Stressful job

No professionalism at all. Don’t have work & hiring more & more owner operators.then keep sitting at home for 3 or 4 days a week.no equality & No value for truckers at all. Shown dreams to earn up to $70.00 per hour. At ground it’s reduced to $ 25.

They WILL screw you

Pay package is below average. Benefits package sucks. Yes you will get a lot of miles here, but rate per mile is very low (currently its 1.37$ per mile) no fuel surcharge, no fuel rebates, just a lousy 0.05 cents per gallon out of the pump price. They do collect fuel rebates from Loves and Pilot, BUT for the management only ,and you will never see it. 25$ for pick up and drop:(( You will have to pay your own tolls, border crossing fee, scales faxes etc. IFTA tax is not calculated right. They will charge you anywhere from 300$ to 600$ every 3 months. No safety bonus here , no seniority bonus . Don't make lease purchase truck program with them, you will never own the truck, they wil keep you on payments up to infinity.. Local shop will overcharge you for everything. If you want to file bankruptcy then this is the right place to work for.

Good

Great place to intern at. Learned a lot about the logistics industry. Workplace and office culture was one of the best I've ever seen, a great sense of community in there.

professional

long haul driving experience.Very good equipment.Safety first.Sometimes professional dispatching.Management is very good.Workplace culture and I learned lots of produce delivery.

Management lacks integrity

The management lacks integrity. Account Managers are encouraged to demonstrate shady business practice. There is a lack of ethics and equality at the Indianapolis location. Management uses intimidation tactics and HR is scared to do their job because the turnover is so high.

fun work enveriment

az driver long distance did paperwork required for job dispatch was very perfessional and understanding Good clean equipment and very up to date equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9