Scotlynn
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Scotlynn Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews

placepaycompanyworktruckhourmanagementgreat

Place to work hard if you want to make it your payed on performance

Hard place to get along are people here who don’t care and make it hard to stay there in maintenance and in office they just don’t care in management other drivers no friendship some ok but mostly out for there self just a hard place to survive so work hard but make time for your family as they will be your only support you get a few drivers will help u but most don’t but they do have great lanes to run in so if u come be prepared to work to make it and I mean hard

Trucks are nice but money is often terrible

Another never never lease and never mind the company driver ads as they will find an excuse to push you into a lease op program rather than hire you especially for highway.The truck are pulling 6.5 miles per us gallon which in todays numbers mean making a living and getting by are the same thing.Recruiter will promise you the world but bottom line before you start will offer you far less .

Pros

Decent pretty trucks

Cons

Never never plan leased to stave to death

Insights into Scotlynn

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Run away as fast as possible

Worst company ever. Save yourself the trouble and run away. The company has zero loyalty, false promises and then will just dump you outside and the easiest convenience to them.

Cons

Not a place for new beginnings, No transparency

I thought I had hit my dream job when I started here at this company. I loved that it was a M-F job with paid meals, a gym and so on. Up until recently I was let go within my probation period. No reason, just "were deciding not to move forward with your employment" I did data entry for this company. I was there on time or mostly early from the time I worked here. The training felt odd, it felt out of place, no direction and no feedback. I was doing what was asked of me. What's more sad is that there was never any transparency. My manager never really responded to emails sent to her. It was just here and out. I ended up getting sick and that's where things got strange. I was transparent about what was happening but I got a strange vibe from them afterwards when I had to call off. Anyways, Id consider a different place to work. For everyone's sake, this has not been a good experience. Still in shock over this but just being honest.

Pros

Meals, gym and M-F

Cons

They dont pay you what your worth. There's no transparency.

Work Hard/Play Hard

It is a lot of hard work, but you get out of it what you put into it. The commission program encourages you push yourself harder. You are the manager of your own accounts, but everyone here is very supportive.

Pros

onsite gym, personal trainer, free meals, great work environment, good people

Cons

Can't make money on the lease program

I lost money and ended up owing money to work there, so had many many others who started before me and after. No, your not special, at the rate of 1 88 a mile paid at 6mpg, a lease over 2k, mandatory maintamce at shop and all the little deductions, it's impossible even if you do 90k/Mike down the road to make money, unless you take advance on run and loan and walk away next day

Pros

Big Shiney truck

Cons

You loose and loose money, never home, bills back up

Lots of miles and good equipment

All the miles you want as long as you want to run. Not much for home time if you live in the east coast. Their equipment is newer than most places. All lease trucks are 2022 and newer and trailers are 2019 and newer

Pros

Not able to get home as often as would like. Been out since January and not been home since

Great

A great place to work very friendly staff and great benefits. Free lunch and breakfast and snacks. Onsite gym with personal trainer. Friendly staff that are eager to help you.

Pros

free meals, onsite gym, friendly helpful people

Cons

Great people, great atmosphere and great perks.

I am 2 months in at Scotlynn and I am very happy I decided to take the position here. It has been a great experience so far between meeting some great people and training for a position I am thoroughly enjoying. I am looking forward to my future here.

Pros

the people, food, gym

Cons

sitting for long hours

Friendly and fun work environment

People are nice, welcoming, and easy to get along with. The work is manageable, and I never felt uneasy about asking for assistance with my tasks. Overall, I enjoy coming to work each day and seeing what the day will bring!

Good runs

New equipment truck and trailer. Now lots of work. Money could be better. Rebate for fuel could be better loads great one or two picks coming north. All Loblaws drop and no live unloading

Pros

Nice equipment

Cons

Nice equipment

Over all ok place to work ,

Place is micro managed Go faster than 105/km and they give u a 3 day suspension and truck has to go to a shop to make sure it’s set at 105 , if it’s not it’s on your dime to fix it to proper settings

Pros

Beautiful trucks

Cons

Pay could be better, miles aren’t consistent bi- weekly pay

Hardworking, fun, and a place you want to be apart of!

Scotlynn is an exceptional place to start and build a lasting career. it is a place where they give you the tools to push yourself and obtain a career you know you deserve. There is so much opportunity for growth that it keeps you wanting to push for more because here at Scotlynn you can be extremely successful if you are willing to work hard! The environment from the moment you walk in is amazing! it is a fun and most of all enjoyable place to build a career. If you are willing to work hard and have ambition you can go so far and do so well at Scotlynn, you will be able to obtain the future you want.

Pros

Great work environment, Food is provided, available gym, and the people are awesome!

Cons

vittoria is sometimes a further drive for most!

Terrible place

Account management position is literally a pyramid scheme. They train you for a few months and then once that time is over your complete on your own, with no support. The second that your on your own to need to build your own portfolio of clients and your paid completely off of commission from the companies you have in your portfolio.

Pros

Cons

To many

Stressful job

No professionalism at all. Don’t have work & hiring more & more owner operators.then keep sitting at home for 3 or 4 days a week.no equality & No value for truckers at all. Shown dreams to earn up to $70.00 per hour. At ground it’s reduced to $ 25.

They WILL screw you

Pay package is below average. Benefits package sucks. Yes you will get a lot of miles here, but rate per mile is very low (currently its 1.37$ per mile) no fuel surcharge, no fuel rebates, just a lousy 0.05 cents per gallon out of the pump price. They do collect fuel rebates from Loves and Pilot, BUT for the management only ,and you will never see it. 25$ for pick up and drop:(( You will have to pay your own tolls, border crossing fee, scales faxes etc. IFTA tax is not calculated right. They will charge you anywhere from 300$ to 600$ every 3 months. No safety bonus here , no seniority bonus . Don't make lease purchase truck program with them, you will never own the truck, they wil keep you on payments up to infinity.. Local shop will overcharge you for everything. If you want to file bankruptcy then this is the right place to work for.

professional

long haul driving experience.Very good equipment.Safety first.Sometimes professional dispatching.Management is very good.Workplace culture and I learned lots of produce delivery.

fun work enveriment

az driver long distance did paperwork required for job dispatch was very perfessional and understanding Good clean equipment and very up to date equipment

It's a never never plan, so you'll never own the truck, and never stop paying. They are all in on it, from maintenance to dispatch, they screw you.

Drove for them for 2+ years as a Lease Operator, and woudl suggest you look some where else, cause you won't make any serious money due to the fact they seem to find a way to limit your miles to under the 10,500 mileage bonus. One month you get it, the next you don't and it's just a

A fun place to work, with a focus on Health, Wellness, and Community Engagement!

Scotlynn is an incredible place to work. The people are awesome and feel like family. Management wants to see everyone succeed and they give everyone the help and mentor-ship they need to do so. The Workplace culture is centered around health and wellness, with a corporate chef/ healthy meal program, and a personal trainer/gym onsite. Together these help me feel good and make me feel more productive at work. The benefits are really good also, and they have many resources to help with family planning, mental health, and financial wellness. Not to mention the amazing community events to help us give back to the communities we work out of. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this company.

Sucks

It sucks there I don't recommend working for them they think about them self and let the shop supervisor harass the drivers so they Quit if he doesn't like them does whatever it takes to get u fired he lies to everybody he overcharges for parts that you would normally pay a certain amount for he charges triple to that price they don't care about their drivers they care about themselves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Scotlynn with

Learn about Scotlynn in popular locations

• Scotlynn