Scotlynn

Scotlynn Employee Reviews

Good runs

New equipment truck and trailer. Now lots of work. Money could be better. Rebate for fuel could be better loads great one or two picks coming north. All Loblaws drop and no live unloading

Pros

Nice equipment

Cons

Nice equipment

Over all ok place to work ,

Place is micro managed Go faster than 105/km and they give u a 3 day suspension and truck has to go to a shop to make sure it’s set at 105 , if it’s not it’s on your dime to fix it to proper settings

Pros

Beautiful trucks

Cons

Pay could be better, miles aren’t consistent bi- weekly pay

Nice equipment you can't afford

As a lease operator I tried working here but the truck only got 5.8 mpg so fuel costs were extreme.When I walked away suddenly they charge extras against me so there was no final cheque. Just clear.The recruiters and dispatch will work with you but sadly the revenue versus the costs are not worth it. Which is no different than most lease operator jobs over the last 40 years.Yes I would have stayed out but never the work or hours to do it and yet for all those hours income was less than working for someone else and letting them pay all the bills.

Pros

Nice equipment and the people there are trying hard

Cons

Revenue is lower end and they scam you when you leave

Hardworking, fun, and a place you want to be apart of!

Scotlynn is an exceptional place to start and build a lasting career. it is a place where they give you the tools to push yourself and obtain a career you know you deserve. There is so much opportunity for growth that it keeps you wanting to push for more because here at Scotlynn you can be extremely successful if you are willing to work hard! The environment from the moment you walk in is amazing! it is a fun and most of all enjoyable place to build a career. If you are willing to work hard and have ambition you can go so far and do so well at Scotlynn, you will be able to obtain the future you want.

Pros

Great work environment, Food is provided, available gym, and the people are awesome!

Cons

vittoria is sometimes a further drive for most!

Terrible place

Account management position is literally a pyramid scheme. They train you for a few months and then once that time is over your complete on your own, with no support. The second that your on your own to need to build your own portfolio of clients and your paid completely off of commission from the companies you have in your portfolio.

Pros

Cons

To many

Stressful job

No professionalism at all. Don’t have work & hiring more & more owner operators.then keep sitting at home for 3 or 4 days a week.no equality & No value for truckers at all. Shown dreams to earn up to $70.00 per hour. At ground it’s reduced to $ 25.

They WILL screw you

Pay package is below average. Benefits package sucks. Yes you will get a lot of miles here, but rate per mile is very low (currently its 1.37$ per mile) no fuel surcharge, no fuel rebates, just a lousy 0.05 cents per gallon out of the pump price. They do collect fuel rebates from Loves and Pilot, BUT for the management only ,and you will never see it. 25$ for pick up and drop:(( You will have to pay your own tolls, border crossing fee, scales faxes etc. IFTA tax is not calculated right. They will charge you anywhere from 300$ to 600$ every 3 months. No safety bonus here , no seniority bonus . Don't make lease purchase truck program with them, you will never own the truck, they wil keep you on payments up to infinity.. Local shop will overcharge you for everything. If you want to file bankruptcy then this is the right place to work for.

professional

long haul driving experience.Very good equipment.Safety first.Sometimes professional dispatching.Management is very good.Workplace culture and I learned lots of produce delivery.

fun work enveriment

az driver long distance did paperwork required for job dispatch was very perfessional and understanding Good clean equipment and very up to date equipment

It's a never never plan, so you'll never own the truck, and never stop paying. They are all in on it, from maintenance to dispatch, they screw you.

Drove for them for 2+ years as a Lease Operator, and woudl suggest you look some where else, cause you won't make any serious money due to the fact they seem to find a way to limit your miles to under the 10,500 mileage bonus. One month you get it, the next you don't and it's just a

A fun place to work, with a focus on Health, Wellness, and Community Engagement!

Scotlynn is an incredible place to work. The people are awesome and feel like family. Management wants to see everyone succeed and they give everyone the help and mentor-ship they need to do so. The Workplace culture is centered around health and wellness, with a corporate chef/ healthy meal program, and a personal trainer/gym onsite. Together these help me feel good and make me feel more productive at work. The benefits are really good also, and they have many resources to help with family planning, mental health, and financial wellness. Not to mention the amazing community events to help us give back to the communities we work out of. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this company.

Sucks

It sucks there I don't recommend working for them they think about them self and let the shop supervisor harass the drivers so they Quit if he doesn't like them does whatever it takes to get u fired he lies to everybody he overcharges for parts that you would normally pay a certain amount for he charges triple to that price they don't care about their drivers they care about themselves

fun workplace

Fun workplace. Personal Chef and Gym program are nice perks. Unfortunately the hourly pay does not suffice for the tasks you are required to do. Can find a higher paying job with less tasks.

Under paid alot

Nice equipment and work is fair first come first dispatched trailers to rate excellent shape most within three years old repairs are done fairly quickly The only problem I had was being under paid Scotlynn keeps the fuel rebates from pilot and loves and only gives drivers 5 cents went they get a minimum of 20 cents back they pocket also get us funds and pocket the exchange driver get Canadian

They have freight

Company driver dispatch is the best..they ask me were I want to go each trip..you want miles this is the place..mileage rate not best..benefits are great..nice place to work..shop lies..great equipment...they trade trucks and trailers every 3 years...overall I've grown to like and appreciate working here

Pros

Great equipment

Cons

Ya better want miles or do not come here

Probably one of worst managed companies to work for

I have gotta say this probably one of the worst managed companies i have worked for. Dispatchers are the most arrogant and disrespectful bunch. No communication with their customers or vendors at all, where you could be stuck for hours. I had a very hard time getting all my hours. And they deduct a lot of hours for no apparent reason and no explanations are provided. Their Benifits plan is a joke, probably the worst. The maximum for eyeglasses is $100. The maximum for dental is $1000 whereas every company in the market is paying a lot more. What’s the point of all these shiny new big rigs if they’re not willing to pay to their employees and treat them with some dignity and respect.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, Bad Benifits and Pay discrepancies

Work Into the Ground

Apparently "on call" is you initiating the phone calls and emails, not being available for a one off after hours. Be prepared to be attached to your phone and laptop evenings and weekends after an already long work week. No way to have a work life balance. Oh and there is no additional compensation or lieu for it. The only good thing is the people you work with.

Pros

People

Cons

24/7 Work

Work Hard Play Hard

What a great place to work. Been with Scotlynn just over 1 year and in that time it seems everything has grown. I have worked at a few transport companies in the past decade and nothing really compares to Scotlynn. This is not a place for slackers or part timers. If you put the time in. You take the money out along with a sense of accomplishment. The support is a huge reason I joined the team as everyone has each others backs 100% of the time. I would recommend to anyone in the industry looking for a fun,fresh challenge. Chef makes fresh healthy lunches and snacks daily due to our office being in the country. Half hour daily in the gym with Personal trainer who monitors progress. It’s a great company to work for. Work is easier when you enjoy what you do and have a full team of support.

Pros

Chef provides daily lunch and snacks, Free Personal Trainer, Internal Growth, Great Leadership

Cons

The odd Saturday (had to find something)

Fun place to work with great work life balance

I have been a Scotlynn employee now for about 4 months and I really love working here. I have been in the transportation industry for 15 years now and I have never worked at such a positive / get it done type place before. Usually trucking companies are in run down offices, with old equipment, dated software and a poor work life balance. At Scotlynn it seems everything is new, clean and they continue to invest into the business and employees. It is a very flat organization structure with the ability to talk directly to the VP or President / Owner if needed which I like. For the most part it seems like everyone works together well and likes each other. Very positive overall culture here compared to the last 2-3 companies I have worked for. There is no question that you are expected to work hard and stay productive but the perks are well worth it for me. If you are a slacker or looking to coast through life this is not the environment for you. However, saying that, there is an onsite gym with a personnel trainer provided for free and your allocated 40 minutes per day during work hours to stay fit / healthy. They also have an amazing chef who prepares 2 snacks and lunch for free every day. The meals are not cheap brown bag lunch's either, this is restaurant level quality food (No more packing lunches for me...). I have recommended and will continue to recommend friends, family and past co-workers to work at Scotlynn.

Pros

Positive work enviroment, engaged owners, free lunch / snack, free gym / trainer

Scotlynn for the Win !

I didnt start that long ago , have been here for a few months but feels like a few years, i actually enjoy coming to work each day. The support you receive from Management and fellow co workers is something i have never experienced before in my previous employment. I look forward to growing with the company and making new memories with my team :)

Great Sales Opportunity - Current Employee

If you are willing to put in the work this is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a lucrative sales position. Support is provided, but it's really about how hard you are willing to push yourself. You'll have to ability to determine your own success level, but you have to be self motivated or you will fall behind the training schedule.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Trainer, Chef

Cons

Pace of the job can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotlynn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement