SCOTLYNN COMMODITIES Employee Reviews

They have freight
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Vittoria, ON27 March 2019
Company driver dispatch is the best..they ask me were I want to go each trip..you want miles this is the place..mileage rate not best..benefits are great..nice place to work..shop lies..great equipment...they trade trucks and trailers every 3 years...overall I've grown to like and appreciate working here
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Ya better want miles or do not come here
Probably one of worst managed companies to work for
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Vittoria, ON7 March 2019
I have gotta say this probably one of the worst managed companies i have worked for. Dispatchers are the most arrogant and disrespectful bunch. No communication with their customers or vendors at all, where you could be stuck for hours.

I had a very hard time getting all my hours. And they deduct a lot of hours for no apparent reason and no explanations are provided.

Their Benifits plan is a joke, probably the worst. The maximum for eyeglasses is $100. The maximum for dental is $1000 whereas every company in the market is paying a lot more.

What’s the point of all these shiny new big rigs if they’re not willing to pay to their employees and treat them with some dignity and respect.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, Bad Benifits and Pay discrepancies
Work Into the Ground
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vittoria, ON6 July 2018
Apparently "on call" is you initiating the phone calls and emails, not being available for a one off after hours. Be prepared to be attached to your phone and laptop evenings and weekends after an already long work week. No way to have a work life balance. Oh and there is no additional compensation or lieu for it.

The only good thing is the people you work with.
Pros
People
Cons
24/7 Work
Work Hard Play Hard
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vittoria, ON16 January 2018
What a great place to work. Been with Scotlynn just over 1 year and in that time it seems everything has grown. I have worked at a few transport companies in the past decade and nothing really compares to Scotlynn. This is not a place for slackers or part timers. If you put the time in. You take the money out along with a sense of accomplishment. The support is a huge reason I joined the team as everyone has each others backs 100% of the time.

I would recommend to anyone in the industry looking for a fun,fresh challenge. Chef makes fresh healthy lunches and snacks daily due to our office being in the country. Half hour daily in the gym with Personal trainer who monitors progress. It’s a great company to work for. Work is easier when you enjoy what you do and have a full team of support.
Pros
Chef provides daily lunch and snacks, Free Personal Trainer, Internal Growth, Great Leadership
Cons
The odd Saturday (had to find something)
Fun place to work with great work life balance
Operations (Current Employee) –  Vittoria, ON16 January 2018
I have been a Scotlynn employee now for about 4 months and I really love working here. I have been in the transportation industry for 15 years now and I have never worked at such a positive / get it done type place before. Usually trucking companies are in run down offices, with old equipment, dated software and a poor work life balance. At Scotlynn it seems everything is new, clean and they continue to invest into the business and employees.

It is a very flat organization structure with the ability to talk directly to the VP or President / Owner if needed which I like. For the most part it seems like everyone works together well and likes each other. Very positive overall culture here compared to the last 2-3 companies I have worked for.

There is no question that you are expected to work hard and stay productive but the perks are well worth it for me. If you are a slacker or looking to coast through life this is not the environment for you. However, saying that, there is an onsite gym with a personnel trainer provided for free and your allocated 40 minutes per day during work hours to stay fit / healthy. They also have an amazing chef who prepares 2 snacks and lunch for free every day. The meals are not cheap brown bag lunch's either, this is restaurant level quality food (No more packing lunches for me...).

I have recommended and will continue to recommend friends, family and past co-workers to work at Scotlynn.
Pros
Positive work enviroment, engaged owners, free lunch / snack, free gym / trainer
Great Sales Opportunity - Current Employee
Logistics Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vittoria, ON16 January 2018
If you are willing to put in the work this is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a lucrative sales position. Support is provided, but it's really about how hard you are willing to push yourself. You'll have to ability to determine your own success level, but you have to be self motivated or you will fall behind the training schedule.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Trainer, Chef
Cons
Pace of the job can be stressful
Great atmosphere
Logistics Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vittoria, ON29 March 2017
The negatives with this position are numerous, bad micro-management and a terrible training program tends to be the downfall of this place. You're expected to keep unrealistic quotas to appease management, all while watching certain favorites get all the tools and benefits they need to succeed.
Pros
Chef and Personal Trainer onsite
Cons
Long hours, way to much outside the office work
Long Haul
Driver (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON20 January 2017
This is a good company if you want to run hard and long with a lease truck as they don't have many company driver positions. Good runs are there if wanted but also short runs as well.
Horrible management. Stay away from working for this company
Logistics Account manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 August 2016
This is a horrible company to work for especially if you are in sales & account management. Unethical practices all over the top management & they change your designations & salary structure with out even notifying you.

Starting salary is extremely poor but they will promise the moon to you that if you pound the phones then you will make six figures which doesn't happen at all in that office.

No corporate culture, profanity & verbal abuse in the office. The company management is flooded with their own family members even though they are not even competent enough to be in that position. Uncles, aunts & cousins are spread all over the management with nepotism & favoritism. The head office is based in rural Norfolk county & they micro manage everything from there with out any regards for modern corporate culture. They monitor your in & out times as if you are working at a fast food drive thru.
Pros
Cleanliness
Cons
micro management, family memebers dominate, poor pay, low morale & motivation
High paced, fun, rewarding workplace
Data Entry Clerk/Broker (Current Employee) –  Vittoria, ON4 July 2016
Every day brings something new at Scotlynn. It is a face paced work environment and gives me the opportunity to use my problem solving skills daily. There is a strong management team who is always willing to work with you to be a better employee and teach you new information.
Pros
Gym Program with Personal Trainer & Personal Chef.
Cons
Work every other weekend, long hours.
Okay company in Ontario
Owner operator long haul refer (Former Employee) –  Vittoria, ON12 May 2016
Not the best in the industry, owner operators not treated with respect, always suspicious about extra days off, asked by dispatch to drive locally for free, wasting a lot of days waiting and resetting.
Pros
Long runs
Cons
wasting a lot of time
Terrible management and culture
Account Manager / Dispatcher / Brokerage Sales (Former Employee) –  Vittoria, ON7 July 2015
The management at this company treats people terribly and has an expectation that their employees will do the same. Not a place to work if you have integrity.
Pros
There is some opportunity if you share their views on how to treat people
Cons
Really bad work culture, very high employee turnover and they don't seem to care.
very poor pay for the hours put
owner operator (Former Employee) –  Vittoria, ON25 August 2014
I enjoyed the job but the pay for what was expected of you was very poor
Pros
you can get into your own truck
Cons
long hours with very poor pay
Lots of shifts, good pay.
Corn Packer (Former Employee) –  Vittoria, ON22 April 2014
If youre a good hard worker this is the place for you, good job. love it.