Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Excellent Employer
OPERATIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 April 2018
I have worked for over 42 with Scotiabank. It was an amazing place to work and the people I worked with were excellent. Although they are going thru some major changes which were evident to happen I believe that they will come back up after the transition is done.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Too many changes all at once
Productive and Interesting place to work
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 April 2018
Overall I enjoyed the average day. I learned a lot of information about financing and currency. Enjoyed the company of my co-workers as well as management.
Pros
part time hours
Cons
communication
decent place, but nothing special
Manager NonRetail Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Typical corporate work environment. Little career growth. Too much politics. Office politics are far more important than intelligence or skill. that's about all I can say
Payments
Officer IV (Current Employee) –  720 King St. West Toronto7 April 2018
Processing payments globally. different currencies
Accuracy is a key..
As a team we interact in processing payments. Train people when they are in doubt of the payments.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Short staffed
Tough to fit in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2018
If you don't fit the mold, it's tough to be heard and respected. Advancement is for "yes people" who do not challenge the status quo. There is a mentality of "we've always done it that way"
workplace focused on succeeding on the market.
Customer Service Representative - Balancing Teller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2018
-not family oriented,
-very low pay,
-hard to move up higher from Customer Service position.
-good place to learn new polices and procedures,
-we are working full time hours and we have a contract only for part time hours.
Time for a change
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB5 April 2018
Things are changing in the bank world, no appreciation for long term employment with them as a company . Good atmosphere with front line , little respect for way the branch is not a team anymore , after lots of new staff
Pros
I love customer service, customers are great
Cons
No consistency for hours
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
Located in the heart of the financial district
Great view
Wonderful group of people to work with, very helpful, smart
Productive work
Busy enviornment
Pros
Nice building
Cons
busy
Would rather not
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belmont, ON4 April 2018
Would rather not comment at this time. I am choosing to leave this company so I think that says how I feel about the company. I do not know what more I can offer you as information.
Salary and Benefits are an enticement, however it is not all it seems
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan3 April 2018
Went to Scotia from another institution with high expectations after previously being told they were a good company to work for, salary and benefits where also an enticement.
However, after the 3 month period had wore off, the cracks began to show.
Management were only out for themselves
Training was never provided, but yet was always picked out for mistakes
Work/life balance was near impossible with never finishing at stated end of shift
Staff were extremely difficult to work with, with very obvious favorites being able to do whatever they wanted.
Numerous job cuts started to happen without any decorum/sensitivity
Pros
Cons
Management extremely poor
the worst job ever!!!
Financial Advisor trainee (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2018
The new excellence program it is a joke, over the phone ones a week without any proper coaching or job shadowing; for so many weeks I didn't had a chance to job shadow and after 90 days you were given targets while still in training. btw these goals were totally unrealistic!!
Everything is about numbers and majority of the advisors are stressed out.
Excellent place to work
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL3 April 2018
The best part of the job with Scotiabank was people I worked with, not just when I worked at a small town branch in Happy Valley-Goose Bay but even when I worked in Calgary at one of the biggest branches in Canada, your colleagues become more like your friends and family. They help you when you are having a hard time, they give you cheers when you are doing a good job, they celebrate not only holidays and birthdays but your everyday little achievement with you.
For anybody in the customer service indusrty, dealing with customers are always the hardest part of the job no matter what you do or where you are. You are dealing with people who's having a bad day, regular customer who's been doing exactly same transaction once every week, someone who's new to town, somebody who just won lottery, someone who was in a good mood but became upset after visitng the bank...etc. However, from my experiences I learned that you can give excellent service by remembering your customers or trying to get to know them. It could be the customer's name, face, or just the conversation you had last time with them. By get to know them and remembering them can give me a chance to offer personalized customer service.
Scotiabank gave me a chance to learn Canadian Banking, wonderful workplace culture and Canadian customer service culture as well.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Barrie & Muskoka2 April 2018
Added value to the Branches & customers. Plus adding significantly to the bottom line. Great added value to the retail/commercial clients for true factually picture.
Pros
Good, Solid Branch Network
Cons
Business Model
Fast paced, client driven environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa30 March 2018
Career advancement is easily attainable if you are open to new systems, products and continuous education. BNS offers plenty of additional courses and training to help you suceed in the financial world.
productive and enjoyable workplace
Manager Personal Banking (Current Employee) –  Côte-Saint-Luc, QC28 March 2018
- Friendly environment to work in.
- They provide good training.
- I enjoy coaching and train sales officer.
- Always an opportunity to grow.
- Great management team.
Salary & Benefits are uncompetitive against other banks
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2018
A good place for new graduates to learn about industry fundamentals and build professional networks. Cafeteria provides decent breakfast and lunch at reasonable prices.
Not a bad place to work
Senior Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2018
In my department, we do mostly administration processing, back office, so it more relax kind of atmosphere, Management do not have much knowledge as anywhere else
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Bonus
productive and career oriented
Retail Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2018
very good management , learning opportunity.Dealing with customersGood management , interacting and sharing best practices.very good place , calling customers or hanging inbound calls and advising them on sales products and best on investments and returns.
Pros
very good place for career
Cons
lacking innovation
I love Scotia
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
I enjoyed my workplace, I enjoyed working in Scotia for the time I worked for Advisor Services. Good place to work. If I get an opportunity, I would be happy to work for Scotia. I liked the Management and Workplace culture.
Pros
Understanding towards family needs.
It's Okay
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
Company is okay. Has it's perks but the work/life balance has decreased in the last couple of years. There are still good people but it would be nice to not have to go from 4% to 400% all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51K