Scotiabank Employee Review

Great place to work but not enough room to advance and I need a change
My current role is document specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2014
I have obtained a wealth of knowledge as it pertains to banking and communication. I have become a great leader and coach and have been a mentor with great success. My co-workers have been amazing and management is decent but unfortunately, a large percentage of the management team is afraid of change and it holds the bank and its people back. I love learning and all kinds of challenges and dealing with people.
Pros
Free gym, great co-workers, good salary
Cons
Management, little room for advancement

Other Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Corporate office employee
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Scotiabank has gone through some major changes over the last few years in regards to work culture, office work space and structure within Canada.
To keep up with a tech culture in the banking industry, the bank had changed the way employees work.
This cause a shift in culture that included restructuring and physical workspace changes.
Current employees are somewhat in a disarray and trying to figure out belonging and sense of security.
Overall, good people to work with. Advancement opportunities are unclear.
Pros
comfortable workspace, good people
Cons
unclear direction, employment security
Always A great day at Scotiabank!
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 April 2018
Scotiabank has been one of the best places I have ever worked! Management is excellent, the job is challenging and interesting. They really take good care of their staff!
Pros
Great hours, great staff, flexible scheduling
Cons
Can be boring if it is slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K