Scotiabank Employee Review

They work you hard, but fair.
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2013
It is all about self-motivation and initiative-taking, perhaps a bit odd outside a sales position, but it works. There isn't micro-managing every tiny thing, it's "Here is a project. It needs to be done by x time". So if you like being able to schedule yourself and have the discipline to properly pace yourself, it is a great work environment. The work I was given and/or took on was challenging, interesting, and covered a lot of different aspects of the job (research, write-ups, analysis, clerical at times, meetings, presentations, lobbying, huge variety of things to do).

It was great. I was also offered any training I may have needed, without needing to fight for it, which is always a plus.

Note I worked internally and not on a sales side, which could be a vastly different experience.
Pros
Wide array of experiences to gain, really great supportive team environment
Cons
Occasional unpaid mandatory overtime

Other Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Corporate office employee
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Scotiabank has gone through some major changes over the last few years in regards to work culture, office work space and structure within Canada.
To keep up with a tech culture in the banking industry, the bank had changed the way employees work.
This cause a shift in culture that included restructuring and physical workspace changes.
Current employees are somewhat in a disarray and trying to figure out belonging and sense of security.
Overall, good people to work with. Advancement opportunities are unclear.
Pros
comfortable workspace, good people
Cons
unclear direction, employment security
Always A great day at Scotiabank!
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 April 2018
Scotiabank has been one of the best places I have ever worked! Management is excellent, the job is challenging and interesting. They really take good care of their staff!
Pros
Great hours, great staff, flexible scheduling
Cons
Can be boring if it is slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K