Play YouTube video button

Scotiabank Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 440 reviews matching the search See all 3,620 reviews
Good start
Customer care advisor (Contact center) (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 June 2019
Amazing coworkers, supportive supervisors.
There is lot of growth if you are smart and have patience for right time. most of the managers are great except mine sadly.

Not good pay compare to other banks for the same job.
200% stressful.
Pros
Free banking products and services
Cons
Unpaid breaks, stressful and less pay
Product & fun environment
HR/Employee Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 June 2019
It was a great experience. Loved the culture. Loved coming in to work everyday. Typical 9-5. The hardest part about leaving the job was going due to numerous personal issues I was going through at the time as an individual.
Pros
great environment, great benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility
Good for learning and good workplace culture
Application System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2019
Good for learning and good workplace culture. Management is good, no strick micromanagement and 24/7 rotational shift does allow work from home environment
Pros
work from home, no specific lunch break timing
Cons
Overall not a bad place to work but room for improvement
IT Consultant - Senior Project Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON and Toronto29 May 2019
Processes are very outdated..company spends $$ on improvements with Customers but back end is still too outgdated and needs to be refined. Salary is not aligned with other banks for senior PCO/Jr. PM ..hightest is :54.00 per hr.
Pros
Graet team to work with good work life balance
Cons
Salary does not align with responsibilities, workload is heavy due to outdated processes structure for project deliverables needs to be refined, worked on multiple projects and workload and responsibilities were excessive, worked late hrs and never was allowed to bill OT but PM left early all the time.
Scotia Bank Call center at Teleperfomance Canada
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2019
Being a part of Scotia Banks outsourced services, the salary packages are not as competitive for the expected/required results. But working at Teleperformance (Scotia Bank Team) is a experice which will a crucial asset in furthering one's career in banking.
Fun loving company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2019
Excellent company with great benefits, employees and salary. Learned a lot as it was my first Canadian experience. Great team morale and company values.
n/a
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 May 2019
Good job, starts at reasonable time, normal 9-5 work day. good people everyday, and dealing with customers is nice with friendly people. all around a good job.
Great Work/Life Balance - Entry Level
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
-Great position for students/individuals just out of college.
-Decent Salary (40k-45k based on experience).
-Ability to learn a lot, including your own personal finances.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of room to progress, good training program.
Cons
High sales targets, requires fast-service, requires a strong character, high turnover.
The culture
INFORMATION SECURITY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2019
The culture are excellent, the job, the company, the salary, the friends, the management its a great place to work, a typical day at work are excellent
Contract worker in mortgages
Mortgage Fulfillment Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2019
High workload, low compensation, high expectations with minimal training.
Employees were nice enough, some helped if you got stuck or needed assistance with something you weren’t trained on (but still expected to complete)
Work life balance - contract work so no overtime, but other employees decided to work 10 hr days. Crazy busy during the season.
Pros
Free Starbucks coffee, great employees
Cons
High workload and stress
An amazing place to work.
Financial Advisor 5 (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2019
Scotiabank has a great work culture and was a lot more supportive than TD. Having worked at both, I much prefer Scotia and can honestly say that scotia treats its employees much better. The one complaint is the one hour lunch as I’d much rather have 30 min and leave earlier. Give us the option to choose!
Pros
Salary, culture, training
Cons
Long lunch
Good bank to work for
PERSONAL BANKING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2019
Scotiabank seems to really care about it's reputation and culture. Employees for the most part are treated fairly. They encourage your growth and development and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, and there are lots of perks
Cons
Starting salary isn't the greatest
Good people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2019
The people I have interacted with here are fantastic. Throughout the many different teams I work with, everyone will almost always try to help you and bring value to whatever they are doing. It is a good place to experience a friendly culture.
Cons
Salary
Scotiabank - 2 years
Accounting Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2019
The job culture at Scotia is pretty good because the employees do their best to ensure inclusivity, enjoyment, and facilitate a celebratory surrounding. Job advancement is the biggest downfall, next to their menial salary. Nepotism reigns in the atmosphere as unqualified people are given positions because of who they know, regardless of what they can do.
Interesting
Infrastructure Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2019
I did not work here for long, but the period for which I worked here, the work hours was flexible, the organization is inclusive and accommodate variety, work ethic is excellent and respectful.
Productive fun and modern work environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2019
Interesting place to work with people from all around the world!
Workforce is very diverse. Management is proactive and promotes efficiency and effectiveness.
Pros
Free tea and coffee at some locations.
Cons
Hard to choose your tea/coffee, there are so many choices!
free lunches from traders and departments
Confirmation Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2019
very busy , learned multi system operation, moderate relation, professional, meeting cut-of-time and at the end executing million of dollars in timley manner.
Pros
appreciations, receiving applaus recogination
Cons
working long ours compensated in time-in-lieu
Atrocious management, incompetent manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC28 March 2019
Never in my life have I worked at a place as internally corrupt as Scotiabank. Managers only become managers because of inside alliances & friendships in corporate positions. There are 2 good managers as far as I’m aware during my working life. One of them is retired who was my previous manager and treat my fair. My coworkers are very nice just the new manager. During I am working, the manager always pushes me on the position all the time. EX: when we only have two tellers in the front, the manager was chatting with another teller and only me working in the front and I even cannot leave to the washroom. When negotiating with managers to promote, they will catch your mistakes like months ago to say no. They ask will be perfect and no mistakes happen (even I didn't all my cx name one time because I do not know how to pronounce and also lines up in the front). The manager did not coach once a week but will ask you to do everything right. The rule was made by the manager like cash releasing, and they can change all the time. Almost my old coworkers were left because the new manager came in.
The last salary was not right and the manager has discrimination on me. The main branch in Toronto must come to do another review not just interview with everybody.
Scotia will not be my choice anymore.
Pros
coworkers help a lot than coworkers.
Cons
management, the entire job
Low salary, easy work environment
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2019
I worked in IT Solutions- work environment is descent, however, pay is not good.
Some projects have more work, but it was a good learning scope for me.
Great place to work - depending on your manager!
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2019
Worked for a few different managers, some are great but some are bitter and shouldn't be there any more. One manager I had would cherry-pick leads and clients (i.e. prospective sales) and take them off 1 advisers calendar and give them to her favorites.

After staff have been there for 10+ years they have a sense of "you can't fire me" and leadership (district & regional VPs) leave them alone.
Pros
Competitive salary and decent benefits
Cons
bad attitudes by some branch managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K