Play YouTube video button

Scotiabank Pay & Benefits reviews: Customer Support Representative

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 3,606 reviews
Can grow within the Bank but super slow
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
Traditional hierarchal Bank.
Conservative workplace.
No Balance between work and lifestyle.
Extremely poor compensation compared to the main 5 banks.
Pros
If you work hard you can grow within the Bank.
Cons
Poor compensation
fun place to work, have branch panic and year end parties etc
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Working with Scotiabank was a job that I enjoyed very much, the compensation and benefits package was great and employees are all compensate for their hard work and contribution to the job and the team. I work for Scotiabank for 19 yrs before I took early retirement in 2015, and if is wasn't for moving to USA, Scotiabank would still be my employer today, the staff are great and everyone work as a team to get the job done in a timely manner and done right.
Pros
compensate well
Cons
cannot thing of one at the moment
Great job!
Customer service/support rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2017
Every day was different as each customer had a unique request, loved to help them out and set them on their financial pathway. Staff were always dedicated to their customers
Pros
Great benefits
A very fast paced and at times high stress place to work
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 January 2016
A typical day at work is anything but typical. Every file is different - every customer situation is different.

I started as a teller in 1989 and have since enjoyed working as a supervisor in that department. I changed focus in 2000 to work in administration providing support to as many as 11+ sales officers at a time. I have also had the opportunity to gain experience working as a supervisor in this department as well.

Without a doubt, had the bank not decided to move administration out of the branches and closing my department I would still be working for Scotiabank.
Pros
Great benefits and plenty of upward mobility
Cons
High stress dealing with disgruntled customers.
Loved being a Scotiabanker as a support rep
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2014
I loved working at Scotiabank. I was always busy, sometimes too busy. The hardest part of my job was the amount of the work load, it was a lot for just one person. My co-workers were great, helpful, friendly, and kind.
Pros
good benefits, reasonable pay, company social parties, room to advance
Cons
some managers micro manage