Scotiabank Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 352 reviews matching the search See all 3,546 reviews
fast paced service environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 May 2019
dealing with many different faces on the front lines as a CSR provides unique insights for managing various customer relationships. CSR works closely with service manager and financial advisors to authorize high limits and schedule sales meetings.
Productive fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 April 2019
I was a long time employee and very loyal to Scotiabank.
I worked well with customers and staff alike.
Scotiabank Victoria BC was the best in staff; we were a great team.
impersonal
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 April 2019
In Scotiabank the ambiance is very impersonal (contact between management or supervisory personal with Customer Service officers is done mainly via computer message system)
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON7 April 2019
Good company, liked working there.I was a lead hand and enjoyed building guns, servicing tools, stabbing on and off the well. Enjoyed supervising other operators.
used to be an excellent employer, is now a global employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hubbards, NS6 April 2019
The bank industry in general has changed a lot, it is a global industry competing with large international banks, Scotiabank is no longer your friendly local branch with people you know and trust, they expended to south america, closing branches in Canada to maximise profits and are pushing customers to use electronic banking, pressuring customer reps to push the online services and record weekly results and sales.
Pros
opportunity for advancment
Cons
lots of pressure for sales
great team members to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisburg, ON4 April 2019
the best part of the job besides my fellow team members was working with clients. I love helping them and if I could make somene's day it made me feel great!
Pros
close to home
Cons
going from full time hours to 15 hours a week
Terrible pay structure
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2019
You barely get paid above minimum wage in a supervisory position. 17$ an hour is garbage for the work you’re expected to do. Management is extreme in favouritism.
You can advance your career quickly but you have a small time frame to pass your exams-which are at your expense.
They’re phasing out tellers in the next 10 years because they will have everything cash wise done by computers.
They’re also extremely old fashioned and do everything on paper which is harmful for the environment.
Also; the worst part is unless you’re management OR an account manager you will not get fulltime.
I ended up quitting because of harassment from management.
Pros
I can’t think of any.
Cons
All.
Atrocious management, incompetent manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC28 March 2019
Never in my life have I worked at a place as internally corrupt as Scotiabank. Managers only become managers because of inside alliances & friendships in corporate positions. There are 2 good managers as far as I’m aware during my working life. One of them is retired who was my previous manager and treat my fair. My coworkers are very nice just the new manager. During I am working, the manager always pushes me on the position all the time. EX: when we only have two tellers in the front, the manager was chatting with another teller and only me working in the front and I even cannot leave to the washroom. When negotiating with managers to promote, they will catch your mistakes like months ago to say no. They ask will be perfect and no mistakes happen (even I didn't all my cx name one time because I do not know how to pronounce and also lines up in the front). The manager did not coach once a week but will ask you to do everything right. The rule was made by the manager like cash releasing, and they can change all the time. Almost my old coworkers were left because the new manager came in.
The last salary was not right and the manager has discrimination on me. The main branch in Toronto must come to do another review not just interview with everybody.
Scotia will not be my choice anymore.
Pros
coworkers help a lot than coworkers.
Cons
management, the entire job
Productive and professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 March 2019
Everyday working at Scotiabank was different. I was constantly learning new things about the processes and products that we offer our customers. Very helpful management, always there to answer questions.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
alright
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ON13 March 2019
typical 9-5 work with typical 9-5 BS politics, coworkers and supervisor were good but management sucked always asked for the impossible and werent sympathetic at all
Inclusive Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Alberta4 March 2019
Scotiabank is a very inclusive workplace. They are sensitive to their employees needs. The pay is not that great when you are starting out but the benefits make up for that.
Unrealistic Expectations
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 February 2019
Some of the people that worked there have been there for 10+ years, some even 30+. I don't know how they could stand being there for that long. if you were working on something for a customer and they hung up before you finished you would just stop what you were doing and take the next call because Scotiabanks stats mean more to them than their customer. So if you didn't do a customers request in time they would give you a poor survey which you get penilized for. It's a backwards system. A friend of mine and I both worked there, and we both had to leave, my anxiety was so high I was in the bathroom every 5 minutes because it would trigger my IBS. Some managers are okay but most are VERY hard on their agents. If you want to move up, the only way you can is if you have perfect stats and become friends with someone in management. You were expected to get to work 20 minutes before your shift started to set your whole station up which is unpaid time.
Pros
Steady job, has food sometimes
Cons
Poor management, Unrealistic Expectations
Customer Service Solutions (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 February 2019
After re-org there were many growing pains and tough to keep good workers. Alot of turn over. This turnover was not great for keeping customers happy. I would recommend trying to keep employees by incentivizing them to stay.
Professionalism work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 February 2019
Not a rotation job.
Learn a lot of value knowledge.
Able to utilize my skills.
Challenging myself with new tasks and skill for the job.
Be a team-player in the branch.
Enjoyed my time working at Scotia
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nipawin, SK11 February 2019
Performing a variety of different cash transactions on a daily basis, money drafts, making payments on loans and mortgages as well as credit cards. Dealing with call center on customers behalf
Pros
Conveniently located near home for me travel wise
Cons
Pay isn't great and sometimes hours are not guaranteed
Funny, relaxed and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2019
I really loved my job. Customers were great, atmosphere always enjoyable, perfect team and nice people, good management. Each Monday morning we had huddle to analyze the previous week results, indentify new goals and how to achieve bank's goals, sharing from each one good or bad experience from previous week, keep ourselves updated with new information about our jobs. It was akways a pleasure to have fundraising to help comunity in needs from our city, with many occasions, not just on Christmas or Easter.
Pros
Fair pay, balanced work life
Fantastic and outstanding company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
Amazing in every way possible. Always a new day and new opportunities available for anyone who strives for them. Also great resources available to help the individual grow not just within the company, but also to grow as a person.
supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2019
All of the executives were very supportive and imperative to my success. They provided me with the environment to thrive in a fastpaced environment. Coworkers were great!
It was a learning curve
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Azilda, ON27 January 2019
The Banking industry is very different. The part I enjoyed the most was serving the public. It was gratifying to be able to handle and resolve inquiries and concerns on the various products they held. The hardest part of the job was losing the interaction with customers due to computerization.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver27 January 2019
Great environment to teach employees about money security not just for the job but for your own personal information. Very friendly and helpful coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K