Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,911 reviews matching the search See all 3,325 reviews
Fun and informative place to work
Scotiabank Intern: Senior Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Did a lot of office work. Permanent staff there were great. Everyone seemed to help each other out. You need a go getter attitude as available work at times can be scarce. However there are multiple opportunities to learn more.
Pros
Excellent pay and great atmosphere
Cons
Work can be scarce at times
Your average call center
Customer Service Officer Office of the President (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
With my time at a Scotiabank I have had the opportunity to join several different departments within the company which helped me move up and also gain as much banking knowledge from these individual departments at Scotiabank.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2019
Is helping people with any transactions, bill payments, and any questions or concerns they might of had. And knowing i did a job good by them walking out with a smile.
Pros
Smile from customer
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 January 2019
Not for me personally. Management and training is weak. A lot of work for minimum pay. Not appreciative. A lot of growth opportunities to move for dedicated bankers only.
scotiabank Toronto
Collections officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
they are very friendly and have a lot of space for growth within the company if any questions there are always someone to ask. however they have management that are not professional, this was not the case with every manager just the one i was assigned.
love it
Teller (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS7 January 2019
simply love Scotiabank! I enjoy every single aspect of the company , great management, great benefits, awesome job work/life balance, nothing to complain, great experience
Enjoy dealing with people
Executive Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scotia Plaza3 January 2019
I am always early. Hate being late. Treat people, how you want to be treated. Management is there is assist and guide you. If you are unsure of something ask. No question is a stupid one. I have never found anything difficult about working. Assisting people.
Pros
great oeople
Cons
being downsized
Team is caring and nice
Robotics Process Control Coordinator CoE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Team I work for is nice and caring and work life balance is great. Vacation time seems to be greater than previous companies I worked for as well as pod days
Fun and Productive
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2018
Good corporate culture, many opportunities for advancement. Competitive compensation and benefits. Good work/life balance. Very approachable management team
good colleagues to work with
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 December 2018
meeting different client everyday, pleasure to work with different colleagues, main stream industries with different culture than Asian, need to be accurate process transaction, pretty stress.
Good Place
teller (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, GY29 December 2018
This is a great place to work at. The employers are cooperative and very helpful. Working time can be flexible to both full time and part time employees.
Great place to work.
Senior SAS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2018
Lots of opportunities. Very rewarding. Many technologies implemented so lots of exposure to new programming methodologies. Pay is very competitive. The work hours are very challenging.
good company to work for
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 December 2018
it is a very good company to work for they care about their employees they are always offering new up to date technology for customers and staff!!!!!
Not for everyone
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 December 2018
Work life balance is not good for those who are single parents. First 3 weeks of training are ok but the last 2 weeks in podding was a very horrible experience. One of those factors that contributed to this is their archaic system that was useful in the 1980’s but it’s 2018! This has hindered me with becoming prepared as a CSO. One of the SME’s who worked alongside us in Podding was swearing and uttering negative remarks which further made my experience negative. The final straw was when I received my pay cheques. The first pay was low and I sent an email to HR asking for clarification to which they never responded; then after I received my second pay it was 200 dollars lower than my first pay cheque. If they can’t treat their employees with respect how are we supposed to treat our customers?! As I am writing this I am still seeking employment elsewhere as I can’t afford to quit until I find another career. They lied to me about what my salary would be annually and I didn’t get the truth until 2 weeks into training. I will not recommend anyone who has bills to pay and children to feed to work here because you will struggle. Very unprofessional and stuck in the dark ages when it comes to the system we have to use to work with our customers. We all deserve better. Working on my exit as soon as I can.
Pros
Cons
Garbage shifts and low pay for working as a CSO
poor management
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 December 2018
continued demands and major staffing usues. company can't not keep trained staff as they are not trained well and leave unhappy. trying to push clients online and towards self serve options and clients not happy.
Fun and friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2018
All staff is very friendly and welcoming to new workers and are all willing to help. Great environment to learn and advance in, many responsibilities to help you advance
Great place
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2018
we had fun its a good place it has doors and windows and washroom and nice people and indeed is annoying me with this item and i want to blow my brains out
good
Depends on where you land
Senior Recovery Analyst, Collections (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
If you are in the contact centre in Scarborough, you may never want to leave even though the entry level jobs make you feel like a factory worker. Thats just how the job is everywhere. what makes it great is the amazing people, building, recreation and relaxation rooms, cafeteria, and constant contests and fun activities they keep doing to keep employee moral and motivation up since everyone knows that the front line and even the management jobs can be tough and boring. I miss it there actually. I would be surprised if a week passed by without any birthday cakes, or samosa sales or sale competition where you would actually win gift cards and rewards on top of your annual bonuses.

the Collections department specifically has very low morale. no perks. no extra bonuses or motivation to work harder. you feel like a drone. the work is not hard. its a bit dry but thats ok. its the people who need some lifting up. Professionalism here, even in managers, is lacking. dressing is atrocious! sometimes it looks like people rolled off the bed and walked to work! it looks like you're working in an agency and not a bank at all. it is very discouraging. most managers though, they leave you to do your job if you're doing good. and provide decent coaching if you need help. But usually they do not micromanage which is amazing.
Pros
great culture, amazing place to work
Cons
work can be boring, training department needs to be better organized, work life balance needs to be better
Great Job to have.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER LEVEL 4 (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON19 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Bank. Learned a lot of great skills and the people you work with become like a work family. I would recommend working for this company.
good benefits
Head teller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
it is a nice place to work. but some managers are not the best. they value their own needs over the needs of the staff in terms of career development and progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K