Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Project Lead, Investment Platform (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Good place to be for a short period of time
Great work/life balance
Outdated technology, but bank overall is moving to close the gap with other leading FIs
Great experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB10 July 2018
My manager , supervisor are very helpful...
The always supported me and help me if I have any difficulties.
It's great working under such a positive atmosphere.
Worked in the Head Office and had a blast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada10 July 2018
I worked at Scotia Plaza as a Teller then as a Foreign Exchange and Precious Metals Cash Cage Representative. Went through a few managers and not all were good and not all were bad, had one I loved and 2 that I disliked due to obvious favoritism. I was responsible for millions of dollars in value in the cage which could be stressful since it was a perfect or get in serious trouble kind of job, but I excelled at it and had a good time with my tight knit team. hardest part is not getting paid what the job should for how stressful it is and how much you're responsible for and in the end the pay is why I left.
Pros
head office in downtown so there are food courts everywhere!!!
Cons
some really bad managers that made it impossible to get promoted and doesn't pay well
horrible stress
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 July 2018
this was a horrible stressful place to work. it all came down to sell sell sell. always find a new way to make your goals or you werent staying there very long.
Can be a great place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 July 2018
I learned a lot about mortgages, investments and financial planning. Banking has changed drastically in my years there. I do enjoy helping my customers and when they leave happy with what we have accomplished for their financial needs. Workplace culture fully depends on the branch management team and how they choose to run they branch.
Nice place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 July 2018
A lot of goood people. A good branch manager. Still learning but doing it with joy. Applying some skill I've learned in my carer. Ready to serv at anytime
My Employment with scotiabank.
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
Poor management, very bad environment, lack of support no appreciation of hard work. I have had more than 10+ experience working in other bank but Scotiabank is the worst.
Fun workplace with happy hour fridays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 July 2018
A typical workday was helping customers with their day-to-day banking needs. i learned customer service and time management. The management at scotiabank helped me grow.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON5 July 2018
Great Organization to work for. Always changes in the Bank, therefore updating is frequently required; If time permitted were able to update on company time or sometimes on our own time. Consistently provided exceptional Customer Service, sometimes had to deal with difficult situations. Very rewarding to be able to help customers achieve their financial goals and everyday banking. Company often had functions outside the office for staff, very enjoyable and always informative sessions. My most enjoyable part of the job was serving the Clients and coaching my staff and watching them succeed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
sometimes challenging policies
Not bad for a corporate world
N/A (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2018
It really depends on the team and department - some are better, some are worse. I would say typical corporate environment with defined roles and responsibilities
Great Place
Director Technology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2018
Great Place to Work, Great people, Great Culture , Great Partnerships . Tuff Deadlines but rewarding if you get the job done and the most interesting part is the team spirit
Pros
Subsidized Lunch
Cons
Long Working hours
fun place to work
Retail Lending Manger (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 July 2018
Branch staff very helpful. strong amount of staff, all helps out.• Conflict resolution
• Creative problem solving
• Communication and listening re: Client relations
• Strong Work ethic
• Time management
• Organized
Multi tasking
Pros
hours
Cons
some sundays
No focus on improving practices
CSA DOCUMENTATION SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
No team synergy due to unenthusiastic management, and unwillingness to adapt new processes. Issues were fixed without consideration of long term outcome, focus was on short term quick easy changes that are not sustainable. Inefficient use of employees time.
Innovative and dynamic place to work
Director, Marketing Planning - Investments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
Fun, learning environment where management was hands off letting you have lots of autonomy
Fast paced, ever changing environment in the digital space
Budgets were scrutinized to ensure sound spending practices
strong customer focus
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 July 2018
My Managers were very supportive of personal and professional growth, encouraging and providing opportunities for advancement and work/life balance. Customer Service was extremely important
Great people, fantastic work opportunites, great pension, benefits and employee share program
Assistant Manager/Manager Personal Banking (Former Employee) –  343 Glendale Ave St. Catharines29 June 2018
Wonderful company to have had the pleasure to work with. I was able to work with the most professional and knowledgeable employees. There were fantastic opportunities within the bank which allowed me to grow throughout my 30 year career. Great pension, benefits and employee share programs.
Productive and Fun at work place
QA Analyst/Lead (Current Employee) –  CA26 June 2018
Learned how to work in a team and independently
Very understanding client environment
Flexible with the Client
Team Lunch for the success
Very supportive with the tight Timelines
Pros
Very understanding Client
Cons
Work load
I enjoy the job
FINANCIAL ADVISOR 5 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
Enjoy the job and people. Dislike the pressure of sales goals. management great, learned a lot, workplace great, hardest part is the sales goals and meeting them.
Pros
lots
Cons
sales goals
Productive work environment with good, caring staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2018
As a CSR at Scotiabank I witnessed daily customer service that was well beyond average. The staff there are nice and welcoming to customers which I think is a major strength of the company. employees and co-workers are also very nice and friendly, providing a pleasant work environment.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 June 2018
challenging, find unique solution to each customer based on needs, offer bundle savings, review competition for new trends and products and provide white glove service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K