Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Canada2,589 reviews
Found 2,589 reviews matching the search
The job was moderately challenging and comfortable. Very friendly colleagues and management. The work environment was relaxed. The pay was okay but it was not enough given the high cost of living in the area. I had a good deal of control over the work I did, which was nice.

The nail in the coffin for me was the inability to improve processes. On multiple occasions I developed and tested better tools and processes only to have them actively suppressed by the leadership team. Meanwhile, we all had to endure rhetoric that encouraged us to innovate. Completely contradictory. Corporate doublespeak at every meeting--at every turn. A decent job turned sour by arbitrary or misused policy.
Pros
Casual comfortable atmostphere, Some of the work involved fun problem solving, Good work/life balance, Great coworkers
Cons
Lower pay, Arbitrary and nonsensical corporate policies, No real opportunities for growth--it's all talk
This job is a career choice. If you dedicate yourself to be successful here Scotiabank will provide you with all the necessary tools required for you to thrive. It is hard work, you deal with the general public daily, heavy communication is required as well as an abundance of patience. You are dealing with peoples homes, mortgages, savings, investments etc so you need to be prepared to answer questions or concerns with professionalism and great detail
It is a good place to work with people who are deeply involved in the process and vested in the company. The management is good and there is always an opportunity to grow.
Resistant to constructive critique. Sometimes resistant to critique provided with evidence. Depending on what branch you end up you may face these kinds of managers. If you are a racialized person get ready for uncomfortable situations and regurgitated stereotypes.
Pros
Benefit package for entry level
Cons
Depends on your team
I enjoy the role as a CSR in the banking industry as I enjoy talking to new people and getting to know them. The team that I work with are like minded which means we get along well. The right team makes the job great.
Working at Scotiabank has allowed me to learn more about banking day to day needs as well as to be more financially literate. Would Highly Recommend Scotiabank to my family members and friends
Pros
Free lunches, competitive pay
Cons
long hours and minimum breaks
lots of politics. lots of verbal promises. alot of head games. way to many reorgs. ultimately everything is thrown up in the air and what drops are people who end up leaving
Pros
training; your paid on time
Cons
to many to.mention
it is a typical call center environment, very busy and stressful.
some of the sytems used and programs could use some updates.

Pay is alright and work life balance as well
St georges' sq location is really good to work at Scotia bank.
good management team

relaxed work culture

pressure of sales

this company takes care of employers well
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
lot of pressure for sales
This is a great place work. Please are very friendly in my team. Scotiabank has very competitive benefit plans. They really appreciate employee's contributions. I
Like all of Canada's big banks, the real difference is:
a) what is your specific job

b) what group/team are you in

c) who is your boss

Job environment is very respectful, smart colleagues, good place to be in general.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
None really
Scotiabank is an inclusive employer. When you look around, you know you are in Canada. Management is great and supportive all the way. Coaching is also efficient. Good salary good benefits. A lot to learn unless you have a banking background but in all a good challenge and a stable employer. 88,000.00 employees around the world. 998 Billions in assets...Pretty stable ...
Pros
wonderful management, great colleagues, good salary, overtime available very often.Free coffee
Cons
4 to midnight shifts.
Management is awesome. Very helpful co-worker with friendly customers.
As I was fast learner everyone were taking initiative to help me when in need. All FAs were helpful. I Enjoy working there.
Pros
free lunches
great workplace culture. Team environment. Possibility to take courses. Nice benefits. Focused on client satisfaction. Provides excellent service to clients.
overall the experience at BNS has been memorable and I have learnt a lot.

this is almost entirely due to my amazing manager, if it wasn't for them I would have left BNS years ago.
I was with Scotiabank for 8 years! It was a great opportunity to grow and I had my fair share of managers who I worked really well with and those who weren't the greatest. All in all, I think Scotiabank is a great place to work for personal development and advancements.
Great work environment, management and colleagues are supportive and genuinely care for their customers and staff. There is always opportunities to grow within scotia bank and progress into other roles.
Busy work environment with good support and job organization.
Great practical on the job training with effective online courses.

Friendly colleagues.
learned new technologies ,worked with great team and been part of many releases ,worked under challenging situations , excellent work culture great place to work
I feel challenged and enjoy the pace. I feel very supported and valued by management and upper management. There are clear and attainable requirements for each job level and promotion.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Starting pay
Nice people, Good place to work. Onboarding process take a long time.
Large company with wide range of different technologies. There are a few locations. I was able to work from the Scarborough Campus and visit the downtown campus occationally