Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Manager Client Services - Major Accounts Group (Former Employee) –  Last location Missisauga22 May 2018
Productive but not motivational. Very busy office and lots of changes to the job accountabilities.
Office move to Mississauga 2 hr commute
Typical day at work is that you are ragged.
Job is not difficult but very very bust
Cons
very long hours
Management does not know what they are doing
Debt Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2018
- unrealistic targets
- they ask for feed back, and ignore them
- no room for improvement, every application is declined
- shift hours are bad
- I do not recommand
It is big company, You have to be lucky to work with capable managers
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2018
It depends on the area. I did not have much luck because my area got shut down.

Unfortunately the area where I worked was really inefficient but the reason were politics and the incompetent top management
Pros
Nice parties
Cons
Too many: Brownnosers, they dont promote talent, they hire friends and not specialists for different roles, qualified people dont have opportunities
Productive workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
Management is always willing to step in to help customers and prevent them from waiting in line during our busy hours and above all it helped me better my communication skills.
Enjoyed working as a mortgage underwriter
Mortgage Operations Sales Effectiveness (MOSE) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
Enjoyed working as a mortgage underwriter in the Calgary underwriting centre. Unfortunately the unit was closed and I was laid off. However my love for underwriting has never changed.
Scotiabank
Bank teller, balance cash, bring customer to volt (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON16 May 2018
I absolutely loved working at Scotiabank, The hours were great people were wonderful, we really worked as a team and pulled through so much together. I learned so many new things when working here.
Run while you can.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2018
Ive worked for Scotiabank for years. It used to be a lot better in terms of managment and caring about your personal life. Most of the branches are really great in terms of your team, but some branches are very hostile. The pay is also horrible and the annual increase is a joke. You have to fight for better pay and even then, it's barely minimum wage. They expect you to know so much information, handle money, and act professionally but they don't pay you for that. The job security has also become a joke recently, with job cuts across the board for everyone including those people who have been there for 20+ years.
work environment was great.
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 May 2018
Great work environment
Great management
Provided good training

I had a great experience and enjoyed working with the team. Everyone were helpful and friendly. The branch manager is a great leader.
Branch Staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2018
I find that the staff that I have worked with are great to be with and are very personable. We spend time together both at work and many times out of work. They have become my second family.
Terrific talented workforce working on challenging and rewarding projects.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my audit projects and audit teams as they progress on various stages of completion during planning, fieldwork and reporting.
I check in with clients for any follow-up questions, audit evidence (excel sheets), and help them with any issues they may be having and provide value through effectiveness and efficiency.

Great work culture at Scotiabank - like a second family.

Hardest part of job is staying on top of all your projects. It is doable once you get organized and stay focused and determined. Keep up the great positive energy throughout the busy day and you will succeed.
Pros
great workforce
Cons
extremely busy working

Want to know more about Scotiabank?

Ask a question
Excellent Place to work
Universal Banker / Digital Ambassador/ Teller (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON11 May 2018
Love working with people and ensuring they get the best advice to enhance their financial future.
Educate and promote clients with product knowledge
Assist customers with routine transactions
Great company, with good benefits.
MANAGER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 May 2018
Excellent opportunities in the company for advancement and also opportunities for individuals just wanting to work part time. Excellent customer service training.
I think best bank
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia9 May 2018
When I worked for the bank, I felt we had the best customer service and best products. Staff were well trained to do their jobs and provide well informed customer service. I loved customer service and handling, balancing the cash. It makes a difference when you care about the customer and the services you are providing.
benefits
Cons
only part time hours
Very professional environemt
Manager - Execution and Client Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
Great place to work, very dynamic a bit behind technology wise but they are going through a culture change to become more digital both in client offerings and operational.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 May 2018
Working for Scotiabank as a financial advisor has its pros and cons. Overall the company seems to care for its employees and wants to advance the ones they feel should be placed in jobs that suit their abilities. Management can be difficult and there are politics in the branch. However, you will get that in basically any job you work at so have to weigh out the pros with the cons in that regard. It really depends on the branch and your manager as to whether or not you will enjoy your time working there.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
management can be horrible
My Scotiabank experience
National Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
I absolutely enjoyed working at Scotiabank until I was used to train staff in Mexico then "let go". That was a very horrifying experience . Once the call center in Mexico was fully established, the staff in my department was cut. The staff was used to train and assist the reps in Mexico to learn and master the product and processes, and once they were able to handle calls, the people in my call center were let go. This was a very devastating experience for me. i enjoyed working there, we lived like a big family.
I looked forward to each and every day to go to work. I enjoyed the new challenges that I was faced with every day. The job required alot of involvement and multi-tasking which I enjoyed alot. The entire call-center lived like one big family.
Terrible place to work for a Canadian
Testing Manager, QAT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
CONSTANT layoffs and outsourcing.
The management has no idea how to handle people.
HR is only there to protect the bank.
Typical large company, you are just a number
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
Work in Scotiabank is Fun. Some of the Senior Managers in Technology (where I worked) are really knowledgeable and are fun to work with
Agile way of working gives lot of exposure to the team members
Pros
Snacks, Team Outing
Cons
Slow Decision Making
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 May 2018
I have worked with Scotiabank for 4 plus years and have worked on day to day work which includes:
deposits, withdrawals, balancing of 2ABM's on periodic basis, processing wire payments, making all bill payments .Doing reconciliations on accounts, solving customer concerns and inquiries.
Have also started opening new accounts and credit applications . Work culture at Scotia is really good ,it provides with good working atmosphere.
Fun Workplace with light workload and lack of challenges.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
●Awesome company for the people who want to find a balance between the work required time and time spent on leisure.
●Awesome employees, who are ready to help you and guide you.
●However lack of challenging opportunities and slow advancement processes.
●Very hard to move from retail side to Wealth Management or portfolio management
●Fair pay
Pros
Light schedule, friendly work environment; helpful and caring employees
Cons
Slow advancement, lack of challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K