Scotiabank Cineplex Theatre Employee Reviews

Fun place to sling popcorn
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2018
Work days vary depending on what you are trained in or willing to do. Serve guests is the key mantra.
Learned to lead a team.
Management is fun to work with.
Late nights are difficult for some.
Most enjoyable was working with the team to accomplish tasks.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Some manual labour
fun place to go with family and friends
Floor team/ concession (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2018
i would normally start my day with greating customers and then I would clean theatres and bathrooms along with check pop michines and help out whoever needed help in a timley matter. sometimes I would also work in consession and I would make food in a timely matter to please the guest.
Pros
nice employees
great place to work
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
scotia bank theater was a great place to work until they changed management with the south comon location. they started taking away many of our employee perks like free drinks and popcorn. they also started forcing all employees to work all positions even if you were originally hired just for one position you never knew where you were working until the morning or evening meeting the day of.
Good workplace for students
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 March 2018
Hours are very flexible. Majority of your coworkers are in university and high school. Management does an excellent job of dealing with customer service issues. Good as a starter job but almost no room for growth within the company.
Pros
Plenty of Cast events
Cons
No room for growth
fun
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 February 2018
If you like fast-paced environments than the theatre is the place for you. You learn good customer service skills and learn to be very patient. the hardest part of the job is being on your feet the whole time but you eventually get used to it. I enjoyed the most was meeting and greeting all walks of life that came through the theatre and the free popcorn!
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
long hours on your feet
decent staff events
Customer Service Rep -PT (April) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
it was difficult to get shifts covered which made working there challenging when you get sick and there is also if you can't get your shifts covered he managers still make you come in to work.
Pros
free movies
Cons
hard to cover shifts
Very exciting, fast pace environment with proficient team work and members
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON8 January 2018
The environment was very fast pace and positive. There were a lot of members that really made me feel at home and I didn't have to try to be anyone but myself. It was a very supportive environment that cared a lot for my well being and gave me the constructive criticisms that I needed when I needed it to improve my service in such field. I learned and grew a lot.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Work space is a little squishy
Incredible work place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
I started working here when I was 15 and I absolutely loved it. The people made it fun to work there everyday and the shifts would go by faster due to the amount of laughs and love you all gave each other. Amazing customers and not to mention the free movies.
fun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2017
Enjoyed working at cineplex. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The managers were ok. Some not so much. customers were pretty nice majority of the time.
Great work environment
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
Best first job experience for young adults or students
Liked all my co workers
Concession was awesome thoroughly enjoyed yodelling/suggestive selling
Pros
Free movie passes
Cons
No enough hours
good place for a first job
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
parties
provided uniform
lots of cleaning
keeps you fit
Pros
free movies
Cons
late nights
Flexible hours
Food Supervisor, Team Leader, Cast Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 October 2017
I worked at this location for multiple years. Worked with great people, and the cast members made it worth while. Within a year, I got promoted to Foods Supervisor and Team Leader.
a good workplace for a student
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 September 2017
they have flexible hours and the work doesn't take that long to get used to plus they are patient with their employees. .. .... ..
alright work experience
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
cleaning the area when theater is closed. I worked in concessions so I was serving food to people like popcorn etc. exceeded at certain amount of food sales at the end of the night.
Unpredictable and fun working environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Concession16 September 2017
The job and its tasks don't always follow a specific routine but the kind coworkers, managers, and guests make you come to understand the necessity of making mistakes and learning from them. In a workplace that can be busy at a steady pace, the way you view Winnipeg and the people it consists of tends to change overtime and you must learn to adapt to this variety of people you may encounter. Overall its quite a joy, and no matter how long any of the employees seemed to have worked there; every day is a learning experience.
good benefits but other than that not worth it
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
It does teach you valuable skills such as handling a crowd and dealing with angry customers but the pay is lousy and the work environment is lousy if you work on the floor team as they always short staff that department witch makes you unnecessarily stressed.
benefits
Cons
short staffing and short hours
Productive and good place to work.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2017
Working in Scotia bank theatre was really a good experienced . I learned more about dealing with customers in a very respectful manner and always treat them with a smile that helps in bring up more confidence towards good attitude. I learned how to handle concession and prepare food in a given particular time as follow as rules of the company. It helped me in many ways to do cleaning and organizing the stuff in a very fast and effective way. it helped in preparing food and drinks on time and promote the other food that was asked by the company. The hardest part was on the first day on the till in the front but slowly it becomes more interesting by the days I worked their. The most enjoyable part was working with the team and doing my job in my respectful attitude towards everyone and a big smile on my face every time.
Pros
pop-corns and drinks
Cons
non
Flexible
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Scotiabank Theatre is a really flexible workplace when it comes to me balancing work and school at the same time. However, there are limitations since the theatre does close at a later time than most stores. The environment has a good atmosphere, I have coworkers that are easy to talk to and are friendly. The management also listens and accommodates each employees problems and opinions.
Pros
Free Moives
Cons
Late Closing Hours
great place for a first job
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2017
A very good place for beginners to start. very social workplace and very active. not too many to balance so its not too mentally demanding. management is very kind and always there to assist you
Fun; great perks
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
A fast paced environment perfect for learning the ins and outs of customer service and testing the waters of the hospitality industry. Lots of guests makes lots of fun.