Science World Employee Reviews

enjoyable place
Admission Membership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 August 2018
Has an excellent communication skills,Good hand-eye coordination
Quick to learn new skills with an eye for detail
Honest
Strong organization skills, able to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
Productive and Fun workplace
Volunteer Science Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 June 2018
Everyone was very welcoming which made my experience as a volunteer enjoyable. Being around and playing with the kids is pretty much all you do but it is very fun.
Pros
Long lunches
Super fun work environment
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2018
Working at Science World was super fun yet still a very helpful experience in my life. It focuses a lot about the social aspect and working with the general public yet it never feels forced. The staff are all super friendly and helpful. Working with kids was definitely a highlight, but the hours were quite long with a very small lunch break.
Pros
Lovely staff, fun environment, engaging
Cons
Short lunch
Productive and fun environment
STUDENT VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 November 2017
i had a fun time volunteering because i got to learn alot of new things whilst working with alot of cooperative people. I also got the oppurtunity to develop my communication skills
Volunteering for the first time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 August 2017
This was my first time volunteering in hope to get an experience of having a job at any where. I got to learn how to work in the customer service which was fantastic. I also got to learn how to work with customers which was necessary for the future.
Pros
Free shows
Cons
No pay
Gallery Staff
Gallery Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 April 2017
I got this job by volunteering first, developing relationships, and using my childcare experience.

The job was interesting, I enjoyed being a part of the team.

The pay was terrible and I had conflicts with the management.
Working at extreme heights and weather
Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 January 2017
working at heights and in extreme weather, always ready and informed of daily tasks and great team work when others involved
work equipment and area always ready and all tools for task at hand available and ready
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
none that i can think of
Very Fun place to work. Learn new things everyday
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2016
The 2 weeks I volunteered there was a great experience for me as I experienced how an actual job is like. I interacted with many costumers on a daily basis. They would usually ask questions like when certain shows start, or how to get to a certain gallery.
Diverse and fun workplace providing enjoyment for the customers and yourself
Science Facilitator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver3 April 2015
Each day at work feels like a new beginning that has us going to different galleries that we are assigned to each hour. We rotate after each hour and each day we go to 7 different galleries with an one hour break in between. The management at Science World is great as they are very friendly and help out a lot whenever you need something. From my time at Science World I learned basic communication skills with customers and how to ensure that customers have a good time at Science World.
Pros
flexible hours, great work environment
Cons
repetitiveness in galleries
Great place to work, but the high-ups are sometimes out of touch with customers' wants and needs.
Science Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 June 2014
Science World is an amazing facility and organization to work in. One gets to engage with customers on interesting and fun scientific topics, as well as work with children. The place is always full of energy, a "slow" or "boring" day is almost unheard of. However, the curators who design the activities and exhibits the customer service staff must present to the customers can sometimes be out-of-touch, and thus occasionally provide inappropriate or lackluster content. This can make it difficult for customer service representatives to provide the customers with the experience they deserve.

As a non-profit organization Science World doesn't pay great, but being part of the tourism industry is a great plus!
Pros
Great Work Environment, Vancouver Tourism Industry Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2013
Learned at various positions and explored how a business operates.
Pros
Interesting events
Cons
Volunteer during the Xmas holiday