Science North
Science North Employee Review

An exciting colabrative atmosphere to work in

23 February 2017
I worked at Science North on a 5 month contract filling in for their most senior graphic designer, who was on leave. It was an amazing place to work where every day was a new challenge. The marketing unit I worked in was a very cohesive group made up of various age groups.

While I was their I learnt a lot about some of the newer marketing trends with the use of social media.

The most difficult part of the job was managing expectations that other departments had in regards to time frames for getting various jobs printed.

I really enjoyed the opportunity to help launch new exhibits at the Science Centre and to contribute as a photographer as well as a designer.
Pros
Discounts at other Ontario museums and Science centres
2 June 2020
COOP (Former Employee) - Greater Sudbury, ON
very organized place and everyone is willing to help you learn. was not afraid to ask questions and they made sure that i was okay to be on my own before they sent me on my own.
13 April 2020
Procurement & Contracts Officer (Former Employee) - Greater Sudbury, ON
This is a fast paced, hectic, and at times stressful environment. Lots of last minute and unexpected urgencies arise that require employees to be very flexible and adaptable.
9 December 2019
Project Manager (Current Employee) - Greater Sudbury, ON
The people there are great! They are all very passionate of the work they do and it really shows in their results. These people truly put everything into this organization.