SCICAN Employee Reviews

Management needs to listen
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
Don't expect to get paid well. Everyone here is underpaid.
Yes, this is a good company to work, but learn as much as you can and get out.
If your lucky to make a good salary, be assured you will be let go once they start a headcount of overpaid staff.
Most of the staff is new here, as most of the good tenured staff have left to other competitors.
Most of the new hires are interns and contract workers, they can't fill positions.
Good luck to the current staff, what was once a great company is now managed by an American culture.
Pros
On site cafeteria
Cons
Management, Ceo-cfo, Directors, all over paid get all the bonuses, while the hard workers get peanuts!!
Friendly coworkers and engaging work
Temp (Current Employee) –  North York, ON20 March 2018
I have had the privledge of working in several departments at SciCan. I have found that each department has their own dynamic, yet they work well with each other and have a cohesive front. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I find the work in each department meaningful and fast paced. You always have something to do and each day brings a new experience. Definitely would recommend working here if you get the chance!
Pros
Free lunch once a month, grand event twice a year, engaging work, friendly coworkers
Cons
Pay is okay, sometimes requires long hours
Okay company to start
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Scican is a good company to gain experience and get out to join better companies.

They manufacture dental equipment in house, but these workers are underpaid and not treated well. I have personally seen managers yell at workers.

A lot of good people have left scican to pursue better careers. I do believe upper management is to blame. Low, low salaries, everyone here is underpaid.
From what I heard they don't even have product managers, as they have all left.

Stay away, if you must join, get out as soon as you gain experience.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
wages, job security, management ( they love micro management)
Dynamic, Democratic working culture.
Test Developer (Former Employee) –  toronto19 November 2014
Energetic and constructive people all aim to work as ONE team.