SCI Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Warehouse Worker23 reviews
Canada23 reviews
There is no culture. By saying that there is no diversity. People and managers are rude. Very long hours. And still expect you to stay longer the next day and after that
sci have great management great environment, supervisor helper, team leader are supportive , good pay scale , i worked at sci from 2018 . i learned so many things in this compony
they have long hours shifts 12 hours/day.
you have to walk too much for everything in the warehouse

if you are travelling by transit then you have to walk a minimum 1 to 1.5 km to reach any transit bus terminal
Good and friendly environment.
Helping Staff.

employee Safety is the first priority.

Fast-paced working environment.

provide all the required facilities.
I like to work there because all workers are very helpful. I learned teamwork and many more things at there. Also the management of the place is very cooperative. Workplace environment is very good.
The job is not secured. They are biased in their decision making. When the Job slows down, they get rid of you without notice.The management only favor their cronies even when it is detrimental to the organisation.
Beware of such an environment if possible.
Supervisor and team members are very friendly and supportive. Always motivate the person towards sccess.The working environment is fast paced in the peak season.
The staff in the SCI is good and they always try to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
The team leaders also like to receive suggestions and also implement them if good.
This was the best job I’ve worked in, you meet very great people with great management and a fun environment, only reason I left was due to a medical condition
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Hours
Reasonable Work, but at times hectic.
Supervisor always pushing, not lenient. Nonstop Work.

Receive good amount of breaks but can exceed to 9 hours shift for one non paid break.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SCI?
1 out of 4 Managers did his job, all others stuck to their desk jobs.
Employees can easily "take time off" at any given time (and still being paid during that time) during their work time to smoke, call their family, surf the internet (you get the idea!!!!).

SOPs are not followed unless you are "caught" by Managers...then itt's a "Don't do it again". Nobody is made responsible for their acions.

HR personnel are not totally aware of Rules and Regulations within the Company.
Pros
Bonus once a year
Cons
Extremelly poor Leadership from Managers
All the time i worked there was spent well, its my first work in Canada and i have learned many new thing from my senior about warehouse and also earned how to complete work on time. So, the main thing i learned from there is time management.i also leaned packing, labeling, box making, skid making, replenishment, order picking, house keeping and also learned how to load a trailer. This is my two months experience in this Warehouse.
Pros
Good working Environment
Cons
Water Facilities were not good
The Company lacks in SOPs. Approach is reactive rather than proactive just because most of middle management is incompetent and lake in knowledge. Floor Leads are very average and makes the life very difficult for you if you have tendency to question the odd moves.
Very fast paced. The environment is very well laid out for employees. Management is fair as it is a fast-paced environment. Always busy always working you never will have anything to do. Salary is another thing is was fair.
Pros
Very good company
Cons
Alot of work
Good work culture and experience of handling different roles is very productive. Staff is very supportive and make you understand your routine work very well
I really enjoy working in this place. using the RF scanner and shipping makes it a good exercise for me plus my coworkers and supervisors are really nice,
SCI hold a job fair every year in September and August because this is when they are very busy. It's a Walmart warehouse. So you pick and pack online orders. They will hire you directly and when it becomes slow in January they will let you go during your probation period. The pay is low and they make so much mistakes with your earnings. Managment and employees are equally ignorant and untaught. Don't waste your time at this third world warehouse.
Pros
Very short commute
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, ignorant people
I worked with SCI logistics for 6 months. Its very nice working with company. All are supportive. Management is good, HR department is good. Good chances of Advancement. It was fun working there. I left because of my personal reasons. I had to visit my home country and wanted few holidays.That was against company policy. Mine was night shift and my social life was almost dead. i used to work in evenings and sleep in morning. I got exposure to various departments at work. If you stick to company and do good work then chances of going up in the organisation are very high. Good thing about the organisation is that they promote internal candidate, which is very motivating for all employees. Overall a very good organisation to work.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Night Shift
good place to work
lots of social events

one and feedback

work place safety is high priority

very clean work area

good manger team
Cons
multi cultural
working in this company provided me the experience I need to jumpstart a new career which am looking forward doing again. My boss was very supportive and showed how to lead a group of different people from different culture. He united us as one big family and for that I will be forever grateful working at SCI Logistics Cantay Road, Mississauga.
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was fast passed, where I learned most positions for a logistics company which needed to be completed by end of shift. Management and staff were easy to work for and with. When divert system didn't run smoothly, slowing down my production goal for the day. Being appreciated for my hard work. I was just ready to move out of the lower mainland.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
When things didn't run smooth, staff shortage