SCI Employee Reviews for Packer

Packer16 reviews
Canada16 reviews
I used to work there at weekends and was having 12 hours shifts from 7 am to 7 pm. Warm-up exercises are performed before the beginning of work in order to prevent injuries. Everyone was very friendly and very cooperative. The hardest part of the job was that it was really difficult to stand with safety shoes on for 12 hours continuously.
it was good and i had to pickup heavy product upto 70 lb's. Its was heavy for me. there was most enjoyable part is friendly co worker that i have still in my life.
Great experience working with many different people. The management team was very reasonable. I would recommend this job for summer students and for those who want a simple generic job
Pros
you get a lot of knowledge about warehouse modus operandi because they cross train their employees
Cons
long working hours usual shift is of 10 or 12 hours.
I worked at 6175 Edward Boulevard and let me jus say this is a third world warehouse it’s dirty,dusty and unsafe.they pay minimum wage which I don’t see why and Walmart is a muti billion dollar-company, management is Ohk for most but I wouldn’t work somewhere like this unless it’s my last resort.
Pros
Three days =40 hours
Cons
Pay/environment
Good to pick orders with rf scanner and confirm them some time we pick costumes like hallowens its really fun to see different costumes we pick and sort order bin to bin also we celebrate every single festivels .
Pros
Free lunches safety lunches festivel lunches
Cons
More than 40 hr week
Typical day consists of starting the day off in the warehouse with a meeting where all the employees gather around the team lead/manager who do the announcements for about 10-15mins then everyone goes and does their tasks whether that be picking, packing or staging etc. If your a picker, you pick for either it be 10.5 hours with 2 breaks, 1 paid and 1 unpaid or 12 hours with 2 paid breaks. The warehouse gets VERY hot in the summer and they do not have air conditioning and rely on big fans in order to cool the warehouse which doesn't work. For example, if it is 30 degrees outside, best believe it's going to be the same temperature in the warehouse (this is for the 6175 Edwards blvd location by the way, i don't know about the other locations). The team leads and manager constantly push the employees to hit the productivity levels which i believe are unreasonable. For example, you must hit 55 lines (basically picking from 55 bins) per hour if your a picker CONSISTENTLY throughout the whole shift, how can you expect someone to pick at 55 lines per hour for 12 hours straight? were not robots, were human and we get tired. The job eventually gets boring because you do the same thing over and over, if your a picker you grab a delivery go pick that order in the isles then complete it and come back to spec ops to grab another delivery and so on. I see a lot of employees quit within a few months of picking and packing.
Pros
employee events such as pizza parties and employee bbq's
Cons
long hours, hot in the warehouse in the summer
Everyone will help you there. Company and salary is beneficial. They will all help you there. It is not boring over there. But still the hardest part about picking and packing is that there is a lot of wight you need to pick up.
Pros
Salary is good.
Cons
Staff is not that good.
They closed down so that really sucked. Okay so like a typical day at work was depressing and sad. I didn't see any sunlight from the time i went in to the time i left.
Typical warehouse work.
Typical warehouse three work shifts.

Typical warehouse long work hours.

Typical warehouse hard work.

Typical warehouse good workers.
I have work at this location for 4.5 years , excellent work environment and a leader in job safety. Only issues is little room for career growth and job can be very repetitive.
Its a good company after all
People and organizations are nice

I just hate the unpaid 30minutes break time. They can pay fot it though .. Also if its your birthday they will give you cake.
I'm happy to work to this company because my co workers we have a good team work and my supervisors is kind and friendly and my manager he is good and kind
Pros
Free cakes
Cons
15 minutes
Great working environment, with great co workers and bosses. Contract work, but was fun while it lasted. Had a great atmosphere and never hesitated to go in.
Sci Logistics is an advance work field that strengthens individuals to provide skills that would benefit the work environment. I have learned to become more confident , to be able to perform in different areas, and to also perform leadership skills as well as team work. The hardest part of the job is staying on your feet for over ten hours of the day, however , once you are fit and energetic it does not effect the body. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people , they are flexible and diverse.
Pros
everything else
Cons
standing for long hours
I really liked working there. All the team members were really helpful and kind. You can get lots of overtime.It was a safe and clean work place with lot of opportunities for advancement. They had very good management, who knew how to get the job done while also keeping the worker's satisfied.
Pros
A respectful work environment where everyone was allowed to succeed and grow as much as they wanted.
Cons
With logistics, it can result in some long hours.
SCI Logistics is a Walmart warehouse. I did got lots of opportunities there. Management was also very friendly. Co-workers were also good.