SCI Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Order Picker25 reviews
Canada25 reviews
fast paced have to complete tasks in a timely matter
learned how to use scanner for order picking

management was great five supervisors on the floor at all time helping and supporting any task assigned
It was fun working there I met few people who became my friends, the supervisors are friendly and respectful and also fair when it comes to working and finishing your assignments on time.
Get everything documented. Such as your compensation, benefits, and any terms of employment. They will promise you everything when they are desperate to hire people. You are warned.
I have been working here full-time for less than a year

Pros

Canderian tire one of the best bussiness company in canada and growing company.intersted to part of growth .Thank you

Cons

maybe positions level dont have much more

Advice to Management

coustomer satisfacton is very important motto.discounts,adds more
Keep in mind when you join this company that they are going to terminate you shortly when their work slows down.
There is NO job security whatsoever. Don't be fooled by them. Their management have a very aggressive political system. They tend to favour some over other.

If you decide to work good, they will only make ur life harder.

Ask the amount of people who worked at SCI if you don't believe me.
Pros
Cons
Bad environment to work in
No Training, they steal your break time with there stupid security who waste your time scanning
Almost every one.

And some of there locations are very dangerous to work at, and if you refuse to work in there dangerous locations they terminate you.

It’s a waste of time, they are a bunch of kids operating a big Warehouse badly ! What a loss for them!

Don’t let them trick you with their18$ or 19$/Hour

Once there work slows down they terminate 10’s of workers without even an early notice!
Poorly run company, machines and employees run into the ground. High expectations for low pay. Lots of safety issues involving wcb . No heat in winter
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, health and safety
the hours were good, as it was 6am-3pm. early , however, ends early as well, gives you more time to run errands and your other priorities. staff is really helpful and friendly.
Pros
2 breaks, one unpaid and one paid
Cons
early hours
As I started school I was hoping SCI had a weekend position for me. Unfortunately there were none and that is why I am seeking weekend employment. I really liked working at SCI it taught me a lot of skills.
Pros
Lots of parking
Cons
Hard to get a different shift
.( 2) 30 min breaks, neat environment, fast paced, good supervising, large parking lot, decent Canteen with microwave reliable water source.
.learned hand coordination by making gift bags.

.good management

.Organized workplace and nice smell

.lifting boxes above 50 kg.

being creative by making gift bag
Pros
opportunity to be creative
Cons
make a mistake and you are sacked
- great working environment
- employees are very friendly

- management is very organised

- understanding the orders fulfillment is hard if you're a new employee
it was a good place to wok at and the enviroment was safe. but some supervisors can be too demanding. there is room for advancement and good package for growth
Pros
two breaks
Cons
it is nice to work with SCI. It is good paying job as a general labor. However, I worked there at weeknight shift and after our shift manager left the company, it became hard to work there. They increased the targets and make it difficult to achieve it every day.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Less breaks and long hour shifts
I worked weekend day shift two years ago. The lead hand treated me like dog. And she fired me without any reason. Her name is ubjeet. She treats new employees unfairly
Temporary job

Required lots of heavy lifting, good for people with upper body

strength

isolated location, no food stores around, break room bleak

not easily accessible by transit, need a car

Good people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours + overtime required
Same level from the day you walk in unless you are a butt kisser. Only the laziest and dumbest people get promoted because the operations manager's leadership style is intimidation and only people who are intimidated by him progress there. the job is extremely difficult you are required to pick 1200 cases per shift which is extremely difficult to do. you feel completely and totally exhausted at the end of the day.

Best part of the day was when the shift ended
I really like to work here. Very friendly culture. very productive company. Clean environment. The management is too good. Solve every problem that workers have. The enjoyable part of the job is those parties organized by management at certain occasion.
I enjoyed working there, Staff is really good, work is also easy. Sci logistics is great place to work. good luck! Best of luck. It is great place.
nice work place, polite co-workers,all machines and equipment's are new and work in good conditions, rapidly inspected. safer workplace in my experience
Pros
free lunches, parties
Awesome days at work when you can sit down and fix printers, listen to music and let the times roll by. The warehouse always has a lot of things to do, and you never know what you'll end up with!
Pros
Great Pay, variety of work to do!
Cons
Overtime, can happen often during busy seasons
Easiest work i have ever did. Very interesting work and time passes very easily. Pay rate was also very good. This company also provides overtime.