SCI Employee Reviews in Delta, BC

Delta, BC14 reviews
it was a good place to wok at and the enviroment was safe. but some supervisors can be too demanding. there is room for advancement and good package for growth
Pros
two breaks
Cons
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the satisfaction of picking the correct merchandise and to organized that item or items and placing it on a palet to be shipped across western Canada.
Poorly run company, machines and employees run into the ground. High expectations for low pay. Lots of safety issues involving wcb . No heat in winter
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, health and safety
A typical day at work consisted generally of picking orders for shipping to clients. I learned to use "Vocollect" voice picking systems. How to operate a power pallet truck, as well as hi-reach truck, and narrow aisle forklift. Learned how to do cycle count, use RF scanner, how to load unload trailers properly with paperwork, pallet replenishments and put-aways to reserve locations. Trained employees on general duties. All staff, from material handlers to management were friendly and a pleasure to work with, regardless of any persons differences. Hardest part of the job was lifting safely while exceeding quota. The most enjoyable part of this job was picking and being the company best picker and achieving the highest record for most cases picked in 8 hour shift.
Pros
Company BBQs and Pizza days
Cons
Excess of work to be done
my time at sci was enjoyable they have in house certification, but slow response time on request of proof of certification. they are very understanding of life issues and are good at making you feel welcome at least on the management side, for the employees though not as accommodating in understanding .
Pros
fair pay rates
Cons
hard location to get to by
Was awfully managed worked there for years with no advancement. The most unsafe workplace ive ever seen huge machine battery laying on fllor pierced leaking acid for days racking horribly dented garbage everywere
Management team is great and supportive. Supervisors on the other hand not so much. Great benefit package and opportunity for overtime hours during peak season. Advancement within management though promised never happens especially if your are visible minority.
I really enjoyed the high volume fast paced environment. Everyday was busy and productive.

Management was very interested in their staffs well being and it felt like family every time I walked through the doors.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
SCI is a growing business with many other sister companies. It gives you the opportunity to always learn new things and positions and is there is always room for advancements and/or relocation.
It's an enjoyable work envirnment. The supervisors are helpful, You do not feel micro managed. There is not alot of prssure. Stress free. there is not alot of room for advancement.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
benefits aren't that great
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SCI?
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was fast passed, where I learned most positions for a logistics company which needed to be completed by end of shift. Management and staff were easy to work for and with. When divert system didn't run smoothly, slowing down my production goal for the day. Being appreciated for my hard work. I was just ready to move out of the lower mainland.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
When things didn't run smooth, staff shortage
Good Company to Work, the culture is excellent and the team members are empowered to deliver the results. overall a good place to work and learn
8 hours days start at 6 off at 2. every day feels short. co-workers are nice
Pros
start early off early
Cons
management needs work
I loved working for SCI...With all my traing and experience i was able to do any job they needed done. I mostly loaded freight onto trailers with a dock stocker...also i did a lot of put away and replens using a reach truck...
SCI were very good to me and i would not be able to come up with a negative thing to say.
Pros
busy all the time, great supervisors, treated with respect
Cons
no pension plan, or coverage for eye glasses