SCI Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB23 reviews
Everyone will help you there. Company and salary is beneficial. They will all help you there. It is not boring over there. But still the hardest part about picking and packing is that there is a lot of wight you need to pick up.
Pros
Salary is good.
Cons
Staff is not that good.
great atmosphere in the work place enjoyed my days working there.
the hours were perfect for my schedule i got go home early sometimes which was awesome
Pros
free lunches
nice place to work, exciting employees. The management are very supportive of all the employees and there are opportunities for growth. I will recommend this place to anyone
Pros
close to all amenities
Cons
non
SCI Logistics was a great place to work. Most of us were cross trained in all areas of the warehouse and we were flexible. The company trained us with Lean training and I found it valuable for everyone. We helped each other out to accomplish our goals and we succeeded until our warehouse location closed.
They closed down so that really sucked. Okay so like a typical day at work was depressing and sad. I didn't see any sunlight from the time i went in to the time i left.
The data entry was simple and to the point. The company has an open door policy and they listen well. The challenge was to keep up with the mandatory quota of the day, which they often kept rising. I enjoyed that challenge. The hardest part was the constant changes of how the data was being entered. Also the audits, to confirm the accuracy of the data being entered.
Pros
Recognition program, bonus both team and individual
Great place to work, very enjoyable. The staff are great. I have learned a lot in three years & would highly recommend a place like this to anyone looking to gain many new skills
everyone is friendly and professional. supervisors are very competent and they will reward you accordingly based on your performance. they motivate people well
A fantastic enviornment and quite diversified place to grow. Systematic approach and concentration is given on process development , employment engagement and mentorship
Very rewarding company to work for.
Hard work is noticed and rewarded with more than just additional work.

Excellent benefits for salaried employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits for salaried employees.
Cons
Seasonal and shift work for non salaried employees
great workplace with great employees. consistent work with long hours and learning new things daily. developed great mechanical skills that i could use in the future. overall good job.
Pros
great eviroment
Cons
tight spaces
I typed all day with minimum distractions, until management decided to temporarily ban music by earphones. I was working in a warehouse environment, and it got loud. So we as a group manage to get it unbanned. Fun people to work with, friendly competition. Reason I left was to return home, getting closer to family.
Pros
monthly birthday cakes, recognition program in place
Cons
lots of changes to procedures, usually weekly
With training and support gained experience in working systems of SAP and Payroll processes. Developed skills in use of Excel and outlook form my college courses taken at CDI. Enjoy the busy daily routine and co-workers are helpful and supportive. would like to advance and build skill level. In position I am in not a lot of opportunity for advancement and possibility downsizing due to economy is a possibility. Looking for a company I can grow, advance and retire with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Position /company downsizing no warning of role teminated
Well I didn't work there very long as it was a very stressful environment, most of the employees I worked with spoke little to no English. And were quite rude. The management as you can see by other review is not very good. Also they say during the orientation that you must speak English while working this was never the case as all my co-worker were constantly speaking Punjab as well as the management, as well as using FTW's from India for most of there laborers. I felt as if I was just there to fill the white person quota.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor managment, bare legal minimum break time 30min per 8 hours., Very few Canadian employees
I have had a good time here meeting new people, and learning the basics of a logistics based warehouse operation, and learned how packages get picked packaged and sorted.
Good place to work for but would like to grow with present knowledge and experience.
Fun place with tight deadlines and learn everything new everyday
Excellent Company to work for. Great leadership team and Wonder full experience to use SAP WMS system. Clean, healthy and safe work environment.
I have learned many skills working at SCI
-Consolidate and analyze inventory reports to determine business needs

- Implement solutions to minimize inventory discrepancies

-Provide training program for new representatives of the inventory department

- Taking care of high value investigations for missing product
Pros
Steady hours, job security
Cons
Stressful environment, no paid breaks
every body is happy and good humored, safe enveroment and friendly atmosphere. everyone is very welcoming and ready to help.
A typical day at work day for me, is always an opportunity for me to learn a lot while I m working and as well keep a good relationship with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
-Learning the day to day logistics when working at a lab
-Self-management abilities and working with other departments

-Working with incredible co-workers and the advice they give

-Learning to keep to schedule and feedback
Pros
Great Lunch hours
Cons
Gets extremly busy at peak seasons