SCI Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment, but a great team to work with.
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2019
A great place to learn inventory management and warehousing methods. Gets a little warm during summer but not unbearable and a typical day here passes really quick since people here are busy being productive.
Careless
OPERATIONS CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2019
This company does not care about your well-being. They do not believe you have a life outside of the company.
They do not take your health seriously and treat you horrible. This company gossips, bullies and makes people feel lower than low.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Horrible pay, no respect.
Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2019
SCI is a fast paced operation which values hard work and commitment from it's employees. It is a high stress environment with management continually asking the employees to take on more responsibility often with no corresponding increases in pay.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Work life balance, high stress environment, poor culture
good hours
Outbound picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2019
the hours were good, as it was 6am-3pm. early , however, ends early as well, gives you more time to run errands and your other priorities. staff is really helpful and friendly.
Pros
2 breaks, one unpaid and one paid
Cons
early hours
Prides themselves with great customer service.
Operations Manager/Implementation Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
This is both an office and warehouse facility. There are opportunities for advancement, if you desire. They hold team building events BBQ, halloween costume events and a great Christmas party. The people that work there have a lot of service and therefore there is a lot of knowledge to be found within the team.
Pros
Good benefits and pension package
Cons
They do not acknowledge years of service, no gifts given for 5 10 15 +
Decent place to work at
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
My first job in Canada was with SCI.
I had great managers and my colleagues were very supportive.
Management was very accommodating when I moved out of Toronto.
Benefits were solid.
My pay was pretty low, but my situation was specific as well....started working through an agency and left before I could actually get a proper raise.
Poor work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2019
I worked at 6175 Edward Boulevard and let me jus say this is a third world warehouse it’s dirty,dusty and unsafe.they pay minimum wage which I don’t see why and Walmart is a muti billion dollar-company, management is Ohk for most but I wouldn’t work somewhere like this unless it’s my last resort.
Pros
Three days =40 hours
Cons
Pay/environment
Friendly hard-working team with great people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC23 January 2019
A typical day at work consisted generally of picking orders for shipping to clients. I learned to use "Vocollect" voice picking systems. How to operate a power pallet truck, as well as hi-reach truck, and narrow aisle forklift. Learned how to do cycle count, use RF scanner, how to load unload trailers properly with paperwork, pallet replenishments and put-aways to reserve locations. Trained employees on general duties. All staff, from material handlers to management were friendly and a pleasure to work with, regardless of any persons differences. Hardest part of the job was lifting safely while exceeding quota. The most enjoyable part of this job was picking and being the company best picker and achieving the highest record for most cases picked in 8 hour shift.
Pros
Company BBQs and Pizza days
Cons
Excess of work to be done
Sci
ORDER PICKER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 January 2019
As I started school I was hoping SCI had a weekend position for me. Unfortunately there were none and that is why I am seeking weekend employment. I really liked working at SCI it taught me a lot of skills.
Pros
Lots of parking
Cons
Hard to get a different shift
Good atmosphere to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2019
It was a nice place for workers with enjoyable atmosphere. Good management which helps to learn every type of work an explore our knowledge. Thus , it was a good experience
Pros
Parties
Cons
Long hours shift
one of the best 3PL company
Technical Project lead / Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2019
one of the best 3PL company
any one trying enter in SCI logistics please understand their coulture and talk upfront if you are not agree on role

Thanks
Pros
one of the best 3PL company
productive and very friendly
Sales Assistant (Part -time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2018
my review is work is very easy ,productive and very friendly people to work with. Great management. my days pass with fun as mentioned before work is very easy
Pros
party
overall good experience.
Operation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2018
Able to learn many things that is required to work in fast pace environment. Know the value of team work and also how the leaderships skills are become assist for success in any field of work
Pros
parties
Cons
long working hours
sorting and picking (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 December 2018
.( 2) 30 min breaks, neat environment, fast paced, good supervising, large parking lot, decent Canteen with microwave reliable water source.
.learned hand coordination by making gift bags.
.good management
.Organized workplace and nice smell
.lifting boxes above 50 kg.
being creative by making gift bag
Pros
opportunity to be creative
Cons
make a mistake and you are sacked
Team Leader - Toysrus (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Great place to work and lots of opportunities within the company.

Growing and always expanding. Lots of good hard working employees and they always post jobs and hire within.
sci
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2018
it was a great place to work at easy work the staffis great as well i wouldnt say long hours they were resonable awell over all a good company to be with nd work for
Productive fast paced
Inbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2018
Bad work environment managed by bad people. All they care about is the work you put in, they'll act like your friend when they're not. A lot fo politics involved hard to avoid it. they hate when you speak about about their flaws.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
politics, favoritism
Poor Leadership from Management
General Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 October 2018
1 out of 4 Managers did his job, all others stuck to their desk jobs.
Employees can easily "take time off" at any given time (and still being paid during that time) during their work time to smoke, call their family, surf the internet (you get the idea!!!!).
SOPs are not followed unless you are "caught" by Managers...then itt's a "Don't do it again". Nobody is made responsible for their acions.
HR personnel are not totally aware of Rules and Regulations within the Company.
Pros
Bonus once a year
Cons
Extremelly poor Leadership from Managers
work experience
Inventory - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2018
great atmosphere in the work place enjoyed my days working there.
the hours were perfect for my schedule i got go home early sometimes which was awesome
Pros
free lunches
good
cherry Picker operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2018
nice place to work give them a chance nice place to work nice salary should go for it the people working here is also nice some shifts has bad manager but its fine they are doing their job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCI. Our community is ready to answer.