SCI Logistics Employee Reviews

good
cherry Picker operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2018
nice place to work give them a chance nice place to work nice salary should go for it the people working here is also nice some shifts has bad manager but its fine they are doing their job
We enjoy working there everday new aims to achives
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2018
Good to pick orders with rf scanner and confirm them some time we pick costumes like hallowens its really fun to see different costumes we pick and sort order bin to bin also we celebrate every single festivels .
Pros
Free lunches safety lunches festivel lunches
Cons
More than 40 hr week
Great place to work.
SENIOR WMS SPECIALIST / ACTING TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Great place to work, with a great work/life balance. Lots of learning and update to date on new technologies and training. Management not only listens to employees but actually actions employee requests.Once a gain, great place to work.
sci review
Coordinator- Xerox (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
nice place to work, exciting employees. The management are very supportive of all the employees and there are opportunities for growth. I will recommend this place to anyone
Pros
close to all amenities
Cons
non
Fun place
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 August 2018
It was a great place to work at. I truly enjoyed my position very much so. It has taught me allot about my career path and made it much easier for me to know what i like in a career.
Pros
environment
Cons
location
productive and fun to work there
Material Handler / Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC7 August 2018
it was a good place to wok at and the enviroment was safe. but some supervisors can be too demanding. there is room for advancement and good package for growth
Pros
two breaks
Cons
Job gets repetitive and boring
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2018
Typical day consists of starting the day off in the warehouse with a meeting where all the employees gather around the team lead/manager who do the announcements for about 10-15mins then everyone goes and does their tasks whether that be picking, packing or staging etc. If your a picker, you pick for either it be 10.5 hours with 2 breaks, 1 paid and 1 unpaid or 12 hours with 2 paid breaks. The warehouse gets VERY hot in the summer and they do not have air conditioning and rely on big fans in order to cool the warehouse which doesn't work. For example, if it is 30 degrees outside, best believe it's going to be the same temperature in the warehouse (this is for the 6175 Edwards blvd location by the way, i don't know about the other locations). The team leads and manager constantly push the employees to hit the productivity levels which i believe are unreasonable. For example, you must hit 55 lines (basically picking from 55 bins) per hour if your a picker CONSISTENTLY throughout the whole shift, how can you expect someone to pick at 55 lines per hour for 12 hours straight? were not robots, were human and we get tired. The job eventually gets boring because you do the same thing over and over, if your a picker you grab a delivery go pick that order in the isles then complete it and come back to spec ops to grab another delivery and so on. I see a lot of employees quit within a few months of picking and packing.
Pros
employee events such as pizza parties and employee bbq's
Cons
long hours, hot in the warehouse in the summer
Fast paced team work
Ecommerce fulfillment associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 July 2018
Team environment. Very fast paced. Key performance indicator monitored carefully. High volume. Somewhat disorganized. Upbeat culture. Sometime very busy with lots of traffic. People and forklift machines
Pros
Summer barbeque. Christmas company dinner
Cons
Very hectic and not so organized. Always fighting fires
Good Working Environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2018
All the time i worked there was spent well, its my first work in Canada and i have learned many new thing from my senior about warehouse and also earned how to complete work on time. So, the main thing i learned from there is time management.i also leaned packing, labeling, box making, skid making, replenishment, order picking, house keeping and also learned how to load a trailer. This is my two months experience in this Warehouse.
Pros
Good working Environment
Cons
Water Facilities were not good
Working Conditions
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 July 2018
Very poor working conditions and low morale of people working on the floor. Third world working conditions at all of their locations with 95% immigrant labour force.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management, only concerned about production with zero well being of the floor crew who actually run the company.
Excellent work culture amongst the employees
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2018
The culture is excellent. A team oriented environment and people were nice to work with. I didn't have a great experience with my Manager. She wasn't very engaging.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
poor work experience with my Supervisor
calm environment with a good break room
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC8 July 2018
my time at sci was enjoyable they have in house certification, but slow response time on request of proof of certification. they are very understanding of life issues and are good at making you feel welcome at least on the management side, for the employees though not as accommodating in understanding .
Pros
fair pay rates
Cons
hard location to get to by
Excellent work experience
Shipper (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2018
Gained valuable work experience. Excellent job experience by doing different assignments. Gained professionalism while doing different jobs. Good employee relations with the staff
Pros
Good work environment
fun workplace with table tennis.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2018
I work days i enjoy with friendly co-workers. I learned how to do inventory its fun. I don't like to much crowded and forklift operators comes on your way after some time they make separate predestines way but still.
Poor management = Bad work culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2018
Don't waste your time with a company like this one. Management seems clueless as always. No real sense of direction from the top. The wrong people running around and messing up the place and creating more problems for everybody else. Work environment is tense and toxic due to the bad practices going on there. Not a fun place to be if your not allowed to speak openly. My advice, just keep looking elsewhere.
Pros
Few good people, pay not bad
Cons
Horrible, non professional management who only favors who they like, Benefits plan needs an upgrade, a lot of
Workers are like children
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 June 2018
Many of the workers there would have their own groups and argue over music playing. Created a divided work place and awkward working conditions some days.
All good
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 May 2018
Excellent experience of overall development of the individual and lots of chances to grow from here. The individual can both learn and earn at the same time.
It is good paying job
Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2018
it is nice to work with SCI. It is good paying job as a general labor. However, I worked there at weeknight shift and after our shift manager left the company, it became hard to work there. They increased the targets and make it difficult to achieve it every day.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Less breaks and long hour shifts
Decent workplace
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2018
Work can be tedious at time and some supervisors are quite strict and mean, workplace is overall quite a messy and dusty place and makes it hard to breathe.
Productive and fun environment
Inventory Control coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2018
It is fun working with this company. Friendly environment. It is a 3PL company. I am working for Walmart Online account. Learned lots about SAP. Very cooperative management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCI Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.