Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham

Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Excellent place to work. The team environment was supportive. Head office has high standards. Staff retention is difficult with many changes or the course of a year.
Great organization for employees to advance to management position. The employees are very diverse and management is very supportive to employee concerns.
Ultimately schoolhouse is a good company to work for. However I personally find it hard to advance or really thrive in a position as it is a large company and consistency is hard to find. Also when working in ratios it is hard to ensure that you will maintain your position or be moved somewhere else where needed so flexibility is key.
Toxic work environment. Management was extremely rude and abusive. False evaluations were given to employees who were not liked. Human Resources will normally give employees who are leaving an exit interview, but was not offered one when I left. Have never been treated this badly in all my life.

nothing could have prepared me

Nhave prepared me for such a negative experience
Coworkers are friendly, caring, and nice to be around. Management does a superb job, and is very understanding. Training was provided before beginning this job, which proved to be very helpful. Creativity and imagination are welcomed with open arms, as you are encouraged to introduce children to various crafts/ activities that will benefit their social, psychological, and physical literacy development.
I found this company picked a lot of favourites , did not treat people equally and did not allow their employees room to grow. I had really good and then awful experiences , even to pertaining to race issues arising.
Official response from Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham
7 January 2019
Thank you for your feedback; it is unfortunate that your experience with us was not as favourable as you would have liked. Schoolhouse Playcare Centres has a variety of procedures in place that enable our diversified employees to voice any concerns about their employment and all employees are also invited to participate in an exit interview so that we can hear directly about their employment experience. We endeavour to respond to all concerns and to make changes as necessary to improve employee satisfaction.
working and interacting with the children. Making sure the kids were well entertained, behaving themselves, having fun and learning new things everyday. (IE working with the kindergardens, everyday we would work on reading skills)
Have gained a lot of knowledge while employed with this company
Pros
benefits
Cons
long split shifts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schoolhouse Playcare Centres of Durham. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2