Scholastic Employee Reviews

No hope, Good until you expect anything from them.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2019
Strictly selfish company that doesn’t feel or do anything about the lower rank work force. Treats them as nobody, wants 100% from you, may be 200%, but don’t want to do anything for you. Of course because the top and middle leve management, who will always behave nicely but won’t mean a thing they tell you. Pretentious and mean at what they do.
No growth (maybe if you are a specific race, maybe if you love bootlicking, maybe if you don’t ever voice your opinion and are full of YES MAM), no opportunities, try somewhere else and you would at least reach somewhere or recognized after 6 months. This company is going to fail you if you are entry level.
Pros
Mismanaged and hence you can waste time if that’s what you seek
Cons
No growth, no recognition, lots of politics, selfish and spineless people treating you unfairly over and over
Productive and fun workplace
Entry Level Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 May 2019
It was a good first job. I worked as a picker and helped packing sometimes when needed. I made good friends while I worked there and we shared many laughs.
fun place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2019
loved working there i dont understand why i have to type all this just to get my resume uploaded especially 150 min characters oh my lanta we are so close bye
Productive and fun workplace
line support (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2019
Good experience and really enjoyed my time there. Very professional and fair workplace, love the staff. The hardest part of the job was to keep my energy going, however overall the pay made it worth it.
Pros
workplace
Cons
Best company in the world to work for
CUSTOMER SERIVCE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 February 2019
Best company in the world to work for! They treat each employee like a valued member of the company. They create a safe and comfortable environment and promote safe learning, which is amazing! Management is beyond amazing. Very respectable company! Best place I have ever worked. Extremely happy I got to experience that wonderful work environment that showed me my potential!
It was great while it lasted! loved having the summers off when the children were small.
Field Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2018
It was a great company to work for. Executive management changes changed the whole environment of the company. Restructuring meant many job losses. Great product...great people to work with.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Low staffing levels makes every job very very busy!
Good
Fulfilment Control Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Project13 September 2018
It is a good company to work with and also the employees are always willing and ready to assist in the continous improvement of new employees. Normal salary scale
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2018
Typical day take customer orders and provide good customer service. Beginning of school season usually busy after a few months not busy. Friendly people and work environment.
Pros
People are friendly, employee bookstore
Cons
No job security, Summer months offs, Not ideal job for those who have a family to support.
Friendly environment
Trade & Education Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 October 2017
A good place to work. There are a lot of internal opportunities for advancement. Working the phones was interesting and kept me busy. Would work there again.
Pros
Opportunity for extra work.
Cons
Almost minimum wage.
Very poor pay
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 September 2017
I work at scholastic Canada and I make only 16/hr after 22 years in the company working full time. Work atmosphere is good and people are nice but Salary is too low
alright place
Book Pricer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 September 2017
This place is a good place to work, but it is constantly doing the same thing for the whole shift. You will be pricing books all day everyday when working there.
Friendly environment but busy!
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 May 2017
It's generally busy because the call volume is generally high. I was trained on all skillsets and I am working on advanced tasks along with assisting supervisors.
Pros
Cheap books and employee store
Cons
Being late by one minute is a big problem
Good for a temporary stay
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2017
Was a good place to work until management change and staff shake up. No longer a good environment. Management is very inexperienced. Wouldn't recommend it.
very organized place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2017
I enjoyed working for scholastics because I was always keeping busy there was always something to do. the people in the workplace were very friendly and the work was not hard it was just very competitive.
Very team oriented, fun environment, fast-paced.
Fulfillment Clerk and Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2016
I really loved my job as an order picker/shipper for Scholastic, great team to work with, nice hours, summer off, and no weekends which is great. Though the pay was quite low, I still enjoyed the environment and I feel things would have been different had the branch I was working for stayed open.
Pros
Great team environment, work/life balance, good hours, fun product
Cons
Poor communication at times, poor schedule planning, not a lot of room for advancement
great work environment
Order Services rep (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 November 2016
I was a contract(seasonal) employee for short term but really enjoyed working here.
The employees and managers were very nice and helpful .
Pros
great work environment
Easy and fun
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON27 April 2016
Easy job, fun to work because the employees work alongside each other. Able to play word games with people while working.
Pros
Co-workers
One of the best part time jobs
Order Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 August 2015
Supportive management who are flexible and work around school. Interacting with customers and being able to help them was the most satisfying part of my job.
Fun, safe and family oriented environment
Line Support (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 July 2014
A typical day is monitoring levels books and other educational stuff for picking and shipping. Drive forklifts to get boxes of books in bulk. Coordinate with co-workers in setup or teardown of monthly chosen items.
Company not growing, only sustaining.
Traffic & Customs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 May 2014
Company not growing, only sustaining. They will not offer advancement, or gainful employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scholastic. Our community is ready to answer.