Schneider Electric Employee Review

View all Schneider Electric reviews

We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2013
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break
Pros
On field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons
Many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline

Other Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Easily Expendable
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2018
This company was going through growing pains when I worked there, because it had recently been acquired. It created a frantic work culture where managers were frequently working 30+ hours of overtime, and where regular employees were frequently asked to come in during their weekends.
In the end, I got sick, then when I came back I was laid off after 3 months, and unfortunately I couldn't get EI benefits because no one even considered I might need them. In the end, I felt easily expendable.
Pros
occasional networking events
Cons
lots of overtime, expected
A changing, challenging workplace
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada22 May 2018
The company has grown tremendously and, unfortunately, handled the changes badly. Promoting people who are not a good fit into management simply because of their longevity.
Otherwise, I have to say it was a fun place to work, I learned a lot, worked with some brilliant people and was able to become a much better world citizen.
When their previous CEO retired things went downhill. The focus was, for a time, the bottom line and now the focus is correcting bad business decisions through "right sizing".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

51K