Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Canada139 reviews
Fast passed company, worked there as the company transitioned from Kilowatts to Schneider Electric. Would work here again if I was offered a position within the company.
Flexible work environment. I had a personal laptop and could take it home and work online/offline in case I had to stay at home.

Collaborative and helpful cohorts.

On-site physical activities including a ping-pong table and Yoga classes.
A nice company to work because it has a relaxed work environment. Its mostly for electrical and computer engineers. Not a lot of staff here in this branch.
Schneider Electric is very professional environment .
as parts of team supporting others,

they listening carefully people want to be heard,so you give people a chance their ideas adequately.
Union , good pay , they moved to mexico though it was good before that . Worked a brake press , punch press , welder , stamping machines and shear , pay was good and safe too
I really enjoyed the free coffee and the foosball table - I would suggest Schneider as an employer and would work there again. Overall, 150 characters is slightly more than is necessary to fully describe that I had a pleasant time working at Schneider Electric.
The supply chain management acted like high school students, I could see that engineering and other departments were much better, but my experience was not good.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Open cubicles with no privacy and no interaction
Mostly engineers there, around and above me.
All nice and collaborative.

Most management were nice.

(This is valid for 2015, there was a big restructuring then, not sure what happened next, many departures during and after the restructuring.)
I very much enjoyed my time with Schneider Electric, the role was not right for me however, and there were no immediate opportunities for advancement or career development to leverage my expertise.
Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Management is great and everyone in the office gets along. It's a fantastic atmosphere with unlimited growth and assistance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schneider Electric?
Good work/life balance. Not too much room for growth. Somewhat okay for new grads to learn thing on the fly. However, there isn't much to make you stay.
I had the best work experience. Friendly people and amazing atmosphere. Everyone was amazing. I loved the repertoire of my boss's and how much work we got done. Everything was very work safe and I learned so much. I would totally recommend Schneider as a world class leader in innovation.
Schneider is one of the most progressive companies I have ever worked for in every sense. Gender equality is a non issue - management and staff are diverse and celebrated. Wages are competitive and the culture is exceptional. It allows you to perform your best and work productively within your team without having to watch your back. Who knew you could enjoy coming to work everyday
managers are great and helpful, good learning opportunities, good benefit package, relocation is possible if interested, nice office,values work-life balance
I have a lot of flexibility in my work. Also I have autonomy in getting my decisions and suggest new things what I believe that is a great opportunity to grow in any place
Pros
home office
Cons
I am contractor
Work -Life Balance is properly maintained.
Flexible office timing is really useful.

there is no job security as they are making a lot of changes now a days
Pros

VERY long lasting company with strong values (energy efficiency, environment friendly, gender/culture equity, etc.). Amazing oportunities (different career development paths & tools, HR/IT/learning/etc supports, relocation worlwide, ...).

Cons

Old fashion management system. My ratings are more related to the overall group rather than specific to my working site.
People were friendly and willing to help me understand their processes. they were willing to give me a chance to learn before dismissing me. Very busy but good.
A typical day of work involves supporting production site which ships hundreds of products daily. I have learned a lot about software development and deployment while working here.
It is a fast-paced environment that can pull you in multiple directions at any given time. There is travel involved depending on your role, strict deadlines, collaboration with others, but is an incredibly fulfilling company.
Pros
Great community culture
Cons
Long Hours
Since it is a very large company and owns a lot of smaller entities this review is not for all of Schneider Electric. Some larger more stable parts of the company move very slowly and other parts with newer technology markets can move very quickly. It is a very process heavy work environment that can slow down your work.
Pros
Very large company
Cons
very large company