Schlegel Villages

Schlegel Villages Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
I have been here for a while, I love the environment , the people are so kind and the management is well established. Very well ran, very cool history to it. Super energetic people and bonding with the residence is always a bonus!
Not a good place to work...overworked...underpaid.. no supplies.. management is always browbeating no matter the good job you do. Owners keep getting richer...and residents and staff suffer.
Cons
London home is full of not nice people .The workers don't accept new workers they always put down each other and management does not do anything to help the new workers they allow the staff to belittle other employees .Night staff in London is a joke they have a click and they all talk about each other and be nice to there face. Management needs to deal with issues not allow them to keep happening and working short everyday ain't cool either
Pros
Residents are amazing well some
Cons
Alot of mental health res, management don't help when needed
I enjoy my seniors and coworkers. They could use new management. Perhaps hiring within with people that actually know and have worked as psws. Easy to to make rules when you sit at a desk and never worked the role. Some management don't know how to speak respectful to the workers. Having Neighborhoods coordinators are a joke.
Forgotten by company EVERY xmas
Pros
Nice atmosphere. Caring workers
Cons
Management is terrible.
They're also the lowest paying company in the the whole of Canada. They take advantage of resident's who have money- they pay about $8000 per month but don't pay the staff well for the work they do. They also take advantage of immigrants without a Canadian certificate just so that they can pay everybody minimum wage.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Greedy organization
If you were related or friends ofmanagement or nurses you were ok. Staff tell on other staff and even out right lie to get you in trouble no confidentiality staff residence and family members talk about everyone’s private business
Pros
If you are friends with or related to nurses or management you are ok
Cons
If you are not related to or friends with management you will get fired so be careful
The owners believe there workers shouldn’t be given a raise. They think we don’t deserve more money because we are doing “Gods work”. They owners and management are really trash.
The residents are good. The team members are good too. Management however is not. Received no performance appraisals at all. Supervisor did not appreciate at all and would constantly call in the office to criticize. Favouritism was visible on the supervisor part on many occasions. Felt constantly demotivated and discouraged. No rewards or appreciation made. Felt harassed by the supervisor on many occasions.
Schlegel Villages has a plenty of opportunities for anyone with the right values to grow pursue their passions while continuing to working towards an exciting vision in this sector.
Very fun and slow placed work environment, very caring environment to be a part of . Lots to Do, many people to work with and care for and very educational environment
Management at The Village at St.Clair can best be described as bullies. They could break the best employee imaginable. I rarely got breaks, the RPN on the same schedule as me was overworked and aggressive. My neighbours were neglected because of understaffing. The neighbourhood coordinator for my unit was downright mean and the starting pay is a joke. One of the lowest in the cities for ltc. Do yourself a favour and stay far away!
Cons
This is an awful place to work, you are constantly working short, having to run in-between floors to the point that you're so exhausted by the end of the night and no one appreciates anything you do. all the workers are nasty and rude, and management doesn't do anything about it. it is such a toxic environment to be in and they surround you with toxic people. If you specifically request not working with certain coworkers because you feel uncomfortable they act like they understand and will take your concern into consideration but end up ignoring you. My first week(still orientation) they pulled me to work a shift where I was so mistreated I wanted to cry, everyone thought I was going to quit that day, but I stuck it out and nothing got better. honestly work somewhere else.. anywhere.. most toxic environment you can imagine yourself in. 10/10 would NOT recommend working here.
Working for schlegel villages is one of my best opportunities. They sure do make your aspirations come to life as long as you let them know what you goal is.
Working together as a team, completing tasks and providing Quality care for residents in a safe and respectful environment. Our friendly and supportive staffs helps to change people's life and that is priceless.
I had a great experience while working at the Erin Medows facility. A typical looked like providing support through feeding clients, playing/singing music with/for them and communicating with them and playing games.
The village of riverside glen is a beautiful home, with kind and caring individuals that work there. The atmosphere and environment at the village of riverside glen is family oriented and the residents always come first at this establishment. At this retirement home you can see how much heart and kindness is imbedded within the team members. Many events in this home include the help of PSW's and the PSW's really work with the residents to make a positive impact in their lives.
Management is young and inexperienced with little/helpfull support from top management. This in turn creates a tense animosity filled atmosphere between co-workers and management.
I learn many different things here like adaptability, team work and effective communication which are all important to be in a professional to succeed. A typical day of the work gives satisfaction while working for the people and helping them. the workplace culture is really great and enjoyable. The only hard part of the job is that it is tuff and not everyone have the ability to do it.
In all of my years working as an RPN i have never seen such terrible management in my life. Upper management is selfish and unreliable. They all only care about themselves and how to make sure they cover their own behinds, especially so they don't have to do any actual work ( like do a med pass). I have talked to many staff members who all frankly feel undervalued and unappreciated by the upper management. The entire facility is run backwards. Not only does the upper management not care about their workers, to the extent that they are actively looking for over 10 PSW lines to fill, they do not understand the roles of the people that work in these areas ( PSWs, RPNS, Rec) and yet continue to keep making the wrong decisions to the point that other staff members have discussed wanting to quit.

It is uncomfortable working here and demeaning. They make you feel as though you are the lowest person in this world everytime you walk in the door. Management looks down on everyone and those kinds of attitudes come off so disrespectful that some of the residents even start to question RPN reliability so they ask for an RN. It seems unbelievable that a facility who is entrusting all of the care to the RPN is making them look so poorly to their residents that they have to ask for RN assistance. Its very sad.

If there were a 0 star area I would be putting that for management because something really needs to be fixed.. from the top down. There is no need for 4 assistance directors of nursing and having 2 RNs walking around everyday when we are so short of PSWs that people are doing
 - more...
Pros
the residents are all amazing people
Cons
management has gone off the rails to the point where its obvious this place is going down.
Staff and management were awesome! Very supportive and patient. Great co workers also. Recommend anyone looking to work with seniors to consider this company
I did my student placement through St. Clair college at the village at St. Clair. Every one I worked with was very helpful, and imparted good advice to ensure my success at the village.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlegel Villages. Our community is ready to answer.