Schindler Elevator Corporation

Can be Very stressful business
Very safty oriented

Very time sensitive

Supervisors changed often

It time i was there whole dept had been changed was only one still in dept
Was a great place to work (4 month contract)
I was a temporary contract for a period of less than 6 months, as a replacement while a long time Schindler employee was off on a medical leave. Thus, and unfortunately, there was no opportunity to stay on, once they had returned to work.
do not work for Schindler elevator bad company !!!
I worked for scindler elevator for almost 5 years .....They had many problems in the Calgary Branch ....they decided to fire me working as a driver and send me home with 2 weeks sevranc pay.....I hired a lawyer and i got my money and pay for my lawyer ....it took almost a year ....and I lost my job ......so the moral of the story is that Schindler elevator did not act as a good employer and I believe they will continue to treat thier workers as scapegoats to poor mangment in this orgenazation .....just stay away and you will not get hurt. I would never recomend this company to anyone and I will always say -- you were warned by a past employee who really worked hard for them .....
Well-managed
This company is a great team to be apart of. Onboarding was excellent and lots of transparency among departments. Excellent company all around. I enjoyed my time here.
Good environment to develop talent
A lot of opportunity to grow and strengthen core competencies. Challenging but rewarding work environment with good people. Excellent ability to move within the Schindler Group to achieve success.
Pros
growth opportunity
Cons
work/life balance
Good Job
Work is typically 8 hours per day / 5 days a week.

On Call is required for Maintenance and Service Mechanics.

It can make for long days and weeks.
The People are the important factor to be a successful business
Different regime with different visions and directions. Difficult to execute with different opinions or plan coming from the top. Try to do the best to keep the organization going.
Pros
At that time, Manager was very career supportive.
Cons
I am not comfortable completing this survey
I am not comfortable completing this survey and therefore am not providing any specific feedback on my current employer, thanks
Frendly environment, great management, exellent team
Excellent place to work, convenient location, great team, nice management. Real pleasure to work.

Unfortunately, the company is for sale.
Productive and fun workplace
Employees were allowed to voice their ideas.
Had your own work that you were responsible for, and there was support if something wasnt clear.
Working in a unionized environment great team of coworkers
Pros
great coworkers
equipement
j'ai rarement vu une entreprise qui équipe les employer avec de très bon outils
High volume, keeps you thinking and on your feet.
My typical day is a running start, phones, dealing with Techs and Mechanic, On Call, Purolator shipping. Incoming and out going mail. Dispersing to proper person. T&M reports and Invoices, accounts payable coding, NI drawings and binder set ups. AEDARSA applications, Payroll once a week. Dealing with assignments from Branch manager, Accounts manager, EI, NI, Field Co-ordinator. Ordering uniforms. Updating Job Change orders and closeouts, staff lists and filing. There is always something new in the Elevator business, whether it be paperwork to keeping things running smoothly or what goes on in the field that the Techs and Mechanics need, such as Purchase orders, parts. In all the time I've been with Schindler Elevators, there isn't one person that I didn't like. Especially the field workers. They are really wonderful and considerate of what our position does and needs.