SCARLET SECURITY

SCARLET SECURITY Reviews

Canada19 reviews

Had no life

Was awake at 0415 Did a toolbox talk at 0530 started work at 0600 end work day 1800 access control did paperwork checked vehicles to make license plates matched passes sure no contraband Did visitor passes Did radio check ins made sure no scent of of alcohol or drugs or banned items drove from one post to other posts talked with over couple hundred people a day which was best part of the job as most people on site were from all over the world the hardest part of the job was management would not communicate with each other or us

Pros

12 days off

Cons

Pay plus was supposed to be 14 days off 14 on

Non productive but fun company to work for

It was a sitting job. Nothing much to do. Company had a lot of employees and the pay was great. Basically the pay was for just sitting on the butt. But they would kick you out the for own benefits. A lot of politics in the company

Insights into SCARLET SECURITY

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Avoid working for this security company! Extremely high turnover rate for a reason!

This is the most unprofessional security company I have ever worked for with the most incompetent management team. They do not treat their employees with any respect. I witnessed a lot of abuse by a particular supervisor and everyone was afraid to mention anything. The morale was very low and the days are very long (12 hours). Not everyone is cutout for the camp life. This is not your average security role and risks far out way the rewards.

Pros

Excellent camp food and accommodations, breathtaking scenery, good people

Cons

Abusive work environment, long hours, often unsafe working conditions, low pay

Relaxing and enjoyable

Scarlet is a relaxing and very professional place to work for. The manager is really eAsy to get along with and helps the best way he can be. The employees of scarlet are very friendly.

They don't care

Most guards are lazy, uneducated and allowed to just refuse to work, so if you do have a work ethic, you are expected to do your job, and the job of others

Pros

Two weeks off

Cons

Just above minimum wage pay, low quality work coleagues

Terrible and clueless supervisors and managment

Amateur at best. Low pay and overworked. No training. The supervisors are worthless and the manager that I dealt with was untrained, did not know their responsibilities and was generally clueless. Definately better companies out there.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Barely any rotation because of high turnaround. Clueless management.

Productive, Fast Paced

Good company, different locations available for work. Reasonable people to work for and work with. Write up logs, do rounds, watch for hazards and slips

Nothing can stress you here my friend.

I have been working for this company for more than five months and the good part of it is, I am able to do my studies while working. HOW DO YOU STUDY WHILE WORKING? I always prefer to work nights so that I can go to school from morning until 12:00.

good place to work

great pay, good work, lots of travel, I got to see different parts of the country, and co workers were good to work with. long hours and worked inside most of the time

Terrible place to work

This was the most mismanaged company I ever worked for. The "boss"spends more time out smoking then doing work, that is when he is actually at the office. Most of the time no one is there. They will never give a raise. Employees are underappreciated and overworked. The scheduling was insane. You would never know till literally minutes before you were called out if you were going to work that day. The night patrol was a joke, most of the time it isn't even actually done, they just fill in the time on the timesheets. I was told there was a business that we were being paid to do security for on Friday nights, and nobody had been going there. The boss had just been filling it it on the books. I can't confirm that but it came from pretty high up. I was handed the keys to the company vehicle without even having a license. Extremely poorly managed and run and I question how they even remain in business.

Cons

Was a decent job. Had to work a lot to make ends meet.

If you need work it is not a bad place to be. They were good to me. I saw them be less good to others. If you got your head on your shoulders it doesn’t take long to learn the job.

Drama more drama all guards get moved from camp to camp very inconvenient

Don’t wast your time ,problem after problem, uneducated staff, not loyal to staff or clients , staff keep passing the buck ,excuses After excuses .no paid breaks , not even any breaks

Extremely unprofessional

Former employee of Scarlett Security. On a two week rotation 7 employees quit. The management is unorganized and does not communicate effectively amongst the guards. If you can run, you must certainly should. The amount of drama between interpersonal relationships is unbelievable. Pay is well below the industry standard. No paid travel time.

A few supervisors ruined my experience

I was missled on several occasions. The supervisors I had were not fit for the positions. They did everything last second and told me about several things involving pay that never happened such as a hiring package.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Pay

gave me a lot of experience overall which I thank the company. this company gave a chance to become who I am today and knowledge as a security guard as well as a labour who's been on the field.

Not bad company,but has a lot of cons.

I’ve worked as a security guard at the Giant Mine site day shift,and my supervisor was so lazy,and unprofessional,very laid back always on their phones sitting back on the security seat talking about their personal life issues. Please keep personal issues at home. I was like hey I don’t get paid enough for this,so I walked out!

Pros

Free bread n coffee

Cons

12 hour days is ok

The comany management is a Joke

Totally badly management company which has lost several contracts because of unethical and unprofessional behaviorism. The manager actually endorses billing unrealistic hours and those hours were never actually worked, Sad but true. The only reason they get away with it is because of personal relations between the manager and Seaspan security manager. I worked at Pemberton and was shocked at the company culture. The only reason they are losing contracts is because of the local manager.

Pros

You dont need a license or certifications to work there

Cons

Too many to list

Decent job

Job is decent with a wage that could be better but with lack of competition is it still pretty low when you have to be on site from start of shift end with no lunch or super breaks.

Solid Company

Day to day work varies by location but is busy at times and others you would be wise to get an online education. Best part of the job is the outstanding camp.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SCARLET SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement