SCARLET SECURITY

SCARLET SECURITY Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Was a decent job. Had to work a lot to make ends meet.
If you need work it is not a bad place to be. They were good to me. I saw them be less good to others. If you got your head on your shoulders it doesn’t take long to learn the job.
Nothing can stress you here my friend.
I have been working for this company for more than five months and the good part of it is, I am able to do my studies while working.

HOW DO YOU STUDY WHILE WORKING?

I always prefer to work nights so that I can go to school from morning until 12:00.
good place to work
great pay, good work, lots of travel, I got to see different parts of the country, and co workers were good to work with. long hours and worked inside most of the time
Terrible place to work
This was the most mismanaged company I ever worked for. The "boss"spends more time out smoking then doing work, that is when he is actually at the office. Most of the time no one is there. They will never give a raise. Employees are underappreciated and overworked. The scheduling was insane. You would never know till literally minutes before you were called out if you were going to work that day. The night patrol was a joke, most of the time it isn't even actually done, they just fill in the time on the timesheets. I was told there was a business that we were being paid to do security for on Friday nights, and nobody had been going there. The boss had just been filling it it on the books. I can't confirm that but it came from pretty high up. I was handed the keys to the company vehicle without even having a license. Extremely poorly managed and run and I question how they even remain in business.
Cons
Drama more drama all guards get moved from camp to camp very inconvenient
Don’t wast your time ,problem after problem, uneducated staff, not loyal to staff or clients , staff keep passing the buck ,excuses After excuses .no paid breaks , not even any breaks
Extremely unprofessional
Former employee of Scarlett Security. On a two week rotation 7 employees quit. The management is unorganized and does not communicate effectively amongst the guards. If you can run, you must certainly should. The amount of drama between interpersonal relationships is unbelievable. Pay is well below the industry standard. No paid travel time.
A few supervisors ruined my experience
I was missled on several occasions. The supervisors I had were not fit for the positions. They did everything last second and told me about several things involving pay that never happened such as a hiring package.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay
gave me a lot of experience overall which I thank the company. this company gave a chance to become who I am today and knowledge as a security guard as well as a labour who's been on the field.
Not bad company,but has a lot of cons.
I’ve worked as a security guard at the Giant Mine site day shift,and my supervisor was so lazy,and unprofessional,very laid back always on their phones sitting back on the security seat talking about their personal life issues. Please keep personal issues at home. I was like hey I don’t get paid enough for this,so I walked out!
Pros
Free bread n coffee
Cons
12 hour days is ok
The comany management is a Joke
Totally badly management company which has lost several contracts because of unethical and unprofessional behaviorism. The manager actually endorses billing unrealistic hours and those hours were never actually worked, Sad but true.

The only reason they get away with it is because of personal relations between the manager and Seaspan security manager.

I worked at Pemberton and was shocked at the company culture.

The only reason they are losing contracts is because of the local manager.
Pros
You dont need a license or certifications to work there
Cons
Too many to list
Decent job
Job is decent with a wage that could be better but with lack of competition is it still pretty low when you have to be on site from start of shift end with no lunch or super breaks.
Solid Company
Day to day work varies by location but is busy at times and others you would be wise to get an online education. Best part of the job is the outstanding camp.